Difference Between Co. Ltd And Just Ltd?

Gemstar

We've recently registered a new limited company in Thailand and our paperwork has come through with 'xxx Ltd' as the company name. I've noticed that lots of other companies are 'xxx Co. Ltd' and I can't find anything which tells me what the difference is (my lawyer tells me there is none). I'm not concerned about the name itself, just want to know if there are any implications which will hit us somewhere down the line!

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks.

Thanks Payboy. I was comfortable with the lawyer telling me that too, until I went to the bank yesterday to open a business account and they asked me several times if I was sure it was just Ltd and not Co. Ltd, despite it being on the registration paperwork in front of them! It just made me question it again. I'm a bit paranoid about being hit by unexpected surprises, such as 'you can't do that because you're Ltd and not Co Ltd'!!

• Like 1

What is the full company name in Thai? (I don't actually mean the name, but the whatdoyoucallit - title?)

Co., Ltd vs Ltd. Part. is my thinking. My Thai typing sucks, but my reading is fluent. In some companies' translation, it says "corporation" even though in Thai it is what is usually translated as Co., Ltd.

The answer is: For the ENGLISH version of the company name, it is your choice when registering the company - but you then must use the version you selected consistently thereafter.

The Thai name will always be "Borisat XXXXXX Jamkat" - so there is no choice in the Thai language expression of the company name.

Cheers!

SS

The answer is: For the ENGLISH version of the company name, it is your choice when registering the company - but you then must use the version you selected consistently thereafter.

The Thai name will always be "Borisat XXXXXX Jamkat" - so there is no choice in the Thai language expression of the company name.

Cheers!

SS

There is "borisat jamkat" (บ.จ.) and there is "hang hun suan jamkat" (หจก). The latter is what is commonly translated as Limited Partnership, which is a different thing.

• 2 weeks later...