Aerosol Tyre Inflater & Sealer

Hiya.

Been following a thread on the motorbike forum where everyone has noticed that their tubed tyres lose pressure. (My Nouvo drops from 30 psi to 16 psi overnight.)

Seems like the cure might be what used to be sold in Halfords and Currys (Sainsbury's etc etc) which is an aerosol can that contains liquid latex so it inflates and also seals punctures, leaks and general Thai/Chinese thin porous rubber tubes.

Anyone seen it around? (One poster mentioned Carrefour.)

Cheers,

Rob

post-4665-0-06541300-1329470385_thumb.jp

Tires lose air normally through the process of permeation. Changes in outdoor temperature can affect the rate at which your tires lose air. This change is more pronounced in hot weather. A tire may lose one or two pounds of air per month in cool weather and even more in warmer weather. Gradual air loss will increase the tire’s operating temperature. This can cause some of the components to separate, or damage the tire body in ways that create rapid or sudden air loss. Do not bleed air pressure when tires are hot. It is normal for pressure to build up as a result of driving.

http://ai.state.wy.us/generalservices/mvms/Website Tire Safet1.htm

Edited by motocrosser

went to carrefour now Big c extra, no luck. i read same thread as you, and there were plenty o0f people with the same problem the guy who used this said it prevented it happening for the last 2 months. my tyres last a week before its down to 19lb, thats with new tube and new Michelin tyre. going to give the new PCX 150 ago with a tubless tyre, but will research this to see if its available any where. .

That stuff is for only if you get a puncture and will get you home,it should not be used for long term use and not at speed!you should not be loosing that much pressure overnight,i think you have a slow puncture!

Right.

Thank you.

So you don't know where I can buy this?

R

That stuff is for only if you get a puncture and will get you home,it should not be used for long term use and not at speed!you should not be loosing that much pressure overnight,i think you have a slow puncture!

Right.

Thank you.

R

I bought this product long time ago in Carrefour,not sure if Big C stocks it.I have however recently seen in Tesco an aircompressor from MYcar where you insert an included liquid and it claims to inflate and repair tyres.It works on 12 Volt .

Right.

Thank you.

R

I bought this product long time ago in Carrefour,not sure if Big C stocks it.I have however recently seen in Tesco an aircompressor from MYcar where you insert an included liquid and it claims to inflate and repair tyres.It works on 12 Volt .

thanks

went to carrefour now Big c extra, no luck. i read same thread as you, and there were plenty o0f people with the same problem the guy who used this said it prevented it happening for the last 2 months. my tyres last a week before its down to 19lb, thats with new tube and new Michelin tyre. going to give the new PCX 150 ago with a tubless tyre, but will research this to see if its available any where. .

penguin-002.gif

Right.

Thank you.

R

Ooooo.

I'll take a look.

Thanks for this . . .

R