21 Million Baht Multinational Email Scammers Arrested In Pattaya

Rimmer

I get these all the time , they usually go straight to me junk email inbox but sometimes get through, They are so funny to read sometimes, if boring, amazing how there are naive people out there who fall for it.

Edited by KKvampire

It is with great concern that these people can actually operate in Thailand, what with such an elite of up right people for the people ,policy makers and well regarded former P.M living o/sea's, I just can't understand why someone would try such corruption in the land of wai.gif

Who the F in Laos just happens to have 21 Moi hanging around the they can try and flip?

I was just up in Nong Khai for the first time in a few years and surprised to see how many expensive 4WD cars there were driving around with Laos plates. The missus reckons a load of hi-so Laos there are now going back n forth.

One possibliity; I once knew a local girl from nearby nongkhai. (about 5+ years ago) we hung out for a few months. At the time I occasionally

partook of a smoke of weed once in awhile with her. She told me her home while growing up was full of the stuff all the time as it was

the family business. She continued to explain to me how they sold it in Phuket and other places. She explained the method of getting the

stuff from point A to point B; her cousin was a policeman and would pack it in a police truck and breeze through all checkpoints!

Be forewarned; not only would they create it for less than 1k baht and sell for at least 10k baht / kilo, the police who sell it will also inform

other police buddies where they can bust foreigners who purchase it so as to extract penalty bribes!!!

I also heard Elvis is dead ohmy.png

They still give retired people from the UK, EU, USA and Australia a lot of sh***t to deal with when they apply for a retirement visa.

Who are the morons issuing “business” visa to scam from Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Mozambique and other nations well known for their honesty and business capacity?

Does this country really need the guys in Panama suits with 1 Kg gold necklaces selling Kung <deleted> Powder in the small Soi’s of Pathunam? Or do these businesses run under the Thailand's notorious 51/49 system?

Has anyone ever seen one of these guys running an official and legitimate business here? If so, please send names to:

www.honestnigerianscamartist.com

Unbelievable that people still fall for that scam.

Greedy people will continue to fall it.

Uneducated and uninformed also come into it. Rule of thumb, if it looks to good to be true then it generally is. I delete anything from 150 - 300 of these spam emails on a daily basis, and that is after the anti-spam filters on the server which deal with known domains, known email addresses (blacklists), keywords, key phrases, etc. Constantly changing, constantly a pain in the @ss

It is with great concern that these people can actually operate in Thailand, what with such an elite of up right people for the people ,policy makers and well regarded former P.M living o/sea's, I just can't understand why someone would try such corruption in the land of wai.gif

I see your sarcasm, but these people can operate anywhere and do.

Nowadays, most ISPs will signal if an IP address is sending too many emails (bulk emails) and that IP will be blacklisted (usually without the owner being informed). To get round this, they will use proxy servers, bypassing their internet provider and use "friendly" servers to distribute their bulk mail. There are organizations that compile lists of suspect addresses (Spamhaus being one that springs to mind) if they do not meet certain criteria.

Protecting your personal computer. Another method used is "Bot" attacks, which are aimed at unprotected computers. Simply put, the computer becomes infected (usually because it doesn't have installed anti-virus/anti-spyware/anti-malware software, or that this software hasn't been updated) through links on webpages, attachments to emails, thumb drives, etc. Once the virus/trojan/worm/bot has been activated and it is running, the computer becomes a remote slave to whoever is controlling the code. In this instance, it could be used to launch bulk email generally without the knowledge of the computer owner.

Scared yet? Yes, it is true that to be caught in the scam you have to participate. I am assuming (likely first mistake) that the majority of people on TV are a little bit computer savvy. But that level of computer knowledge does not run true across the board. An awfull lot of older people, especially ones living overseas, have been late learners because of the want of communication through VOIP and yes, email. How many reading this are in that group?

Where common sense should prevail, people not used to to unexpected mail can, will and do answer these and then there trouble begins. As a poster earlier commented, Cast a million lines and something will eventually bite!

One last word of warning, never, ever answer one of these emails even if it is to tell them to <deleted> off. This will tell them that they have an active email address and you can then expect a heap more spam mail as the address will either be sold on or be further abused by the current crim.

Most of you should know this, but i will guarantee that a lot do not. Just pointing out...........

Then I could go onto phishing...........

• Like 1

Who the F in Laos just happens to have 21 Moi hanging around the they can try and flip?

You forget,that Laos is part of that famous place - GoldenTriangle,what is the connection in your mind of this word:"golden"?

Another thing - friend of mine was caught by trick of Lagos scammers - he answered mail from his email provider asking him to update some particulars.

in reality it was mail from some schoolboys from Lagos,their Lagos IP was there,

nothing sophisticated at all and they succeeded.what was the result? - all my friend's friends from his address book received mails from him - asking urgently for help,emergency!passport/wallet/cards stolen - he needs 3kUS$ now!Western Union please!

I was moved by his sudden cry for help,but before doing anything - I'd checked the IP:Lagos,Nigeria....end of the story.

Such simple tricks bring results...this is sad thing in fact...

Edited by BabySun

I got one from Ban Ki Moon offering to compensate me for all the scam mails. All I had to do was give him my banking details, and a small amount of money to set it up. I was amazed to find he even had an hotmail address, just in case I had any questions.

So this Laotian woman sent them $650,000 in the hope that she would get $2m back. People say all the time that greedy people deserve whatever they fall victim to but she already owned, or at least has access to, wealth beyond most hard working people's dreams and she sent it to a bunch of strangers who emailed her out if the blue.

For once I have to admit I have no sympathy for this woman at all. The same as that woman in Phuket who got fleeced of her husband's house when she thought she was part of a scam to rip off some silly rich old Chinese man but really she was the mark and got scammed and lost the lot.

• Like 1

I get these letters all the time on my email...including ones which say I won some kind of lotteryspamsign.gifintheclub.gif I just delete...One was from a woman who's husband died and she couldn't find a way to take her inheiritence out of the country etc etc etc...It just made me want to cryclap2.gifgiggle.gifcoffee1.gifpassifier.gif

They still give retired people from the UK, EU, USA and Australia a lot of sh***t to deal with when they apply for a retirement visa.

Who are the morons issuing “business” visa to scam from Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Mozambique and other nations well known for their honesty and business capacity?

Does this country really need the guys in Panama suits with 1 Kg gold necklaces selling Kung <deleted> Powder in the small Soi’s of Pathunam? Or do these businesses run under the Thailand's notorious 51/49 system?

Has anyone ever seen one of these guys running an official and legitimate business here? If so, please send names to:

www.honestnigerianscamartist.com

DB how do you diff. between a scammer and a genuine biz person? when they all have legitimate fronts...got scammers n genuine people from every country, so just concentrate on meeting up the requirements for whichever visa you want to stay here on...