Coffee

jonik

Why don't they make real coffe in LOS, it's always that instant crap.

maybe instant coffee is just easy for make a drink .. rare in TH's home have filter, machine.. complicate stuff to make it

Don't understand it cause they do grow coffe in thailand. :o

from weather and other factors .. coffee bean in TH has not that good quility ... ( pretty sour,less aromatic)

Many kinds of coffee are available in Thailand, not just instant. Along Silom Rd in BKK, for example, you can hardly walk 50 metres without stumbling on a shop with an espresso machine, and most of the better restaurants also have coffeemaking appliances. Only the cheapie restos serve instant these days.

And Thailand is growing excellent arabica these days. Here in Chiang Mai there are several local cafe chains - Lanna Coffee, Wawi Coffee, Cafe Libernard to name three - that roast, blend and serve their own Thai-grown arabica, and it's delicious (when they make it right). Even Starbuck's now carries Thai arabica, in a blend they call Muan Jai, pretty good.

Thai-grown arabica may not match the level of Kenya AA or Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, but then few coffees around the world do. I lived in Mexico several years and in my opinion Thai coffee is heads above anything grown in Mexico.

Before good arabica became available here, I used to import beans from abroad, quite an expensive practice. Now I buy fresh-roasted beans locally (Chiang Mai), at half the price I was paying abroad for beans that most of the time were no better, and usually less fresh. And freshness is one of the key factors contributing (or taking away from) good coffee flavour.

I can't tell the difference between a $3 bottle of wine or a $300 bottle. Same with Scotch. I think the instant Nescafe Red Cup is just fine. I stopped at a coffee shop a few weeks ago.The guy has that fancy single cup expresso machine and other specialities. I told him I just wanted a cup of regular coffee. It did smell good but as far as I am concerned the instant tastes better.

maybe instant coffee is just easy for make a drink .. rare in TH's home have filter, machine.. complicate stuff to make it

Hey Bambina, what's so difficult about making filter coffee? Add the correct amount of water, add the coffee, switch on and wait a few minutes, easy :o