Is Thailand Safer

lonexpat

In almost 10 years of living here I "ve been witness to some dreadful sights. I don"t mean fat chicks smiling at you at the traffic lights, but those who think a red light means approaching brothal or the, that looks like fun, brigade who don"t find it funny when they"re kissing goodbye to their,elbows, knees and ankles. And no. It isn"t a popular children"s song. Coming home from work a couple of nights ago I saw pieces of a motorbike flashing before my eyes. Upon seing a Thai gentleman waving like he"d just won the lottery I put two and two together and concluded that another mishap had occured.Bike one was a foriegn chap (English )He didn"t use the word <deleted>, c**t or b*****k so I knew he was more of an aristocrat than your usual, HOW MUCH types. Bike two saw a pizza delivery boy hobbling to anywhere the traffic would allow him to go. In Thailand that"s normally back and forth. Now, I"m thinking it"s your usual, Let"s do lunch gathering but no,low and behold there layeth bike numero tre.So what"s gone wrong I ask myself ( not out loud ). And there it is. A new SUV, driven by Russkies on one of the most treacherous roads in Phuket.Lost controll, hit the barrier and anything else in it"s way. Gone now are the Boris Karloff"s look-a-likes, covered head to toe in bandages and most of the , I wanna kill myself and take as many with me as I can. For the first time since I"ve been here I"m actually concerned for mine and my daughters well being. I find most Thai drivers in Phuket to be quite competent it"s the tourist I found most frightening. Roll on the low season.

• Like 1

My apologies. Didn"t realize it was a thesis on road safety. How anyone can understand that is beyond me. But we live in hope.

LOL - Agree with you... sorry, I tried... perhaps rewrite when you are not pished up.. I think you might have a good point in there somewhere. Digging it out takes too much effort though.

• Like 1

My apologies. Didn"t realize it was a thesis on road safety. How anyone can understand that is beyond me. But we live in hope.

LOL - Agree with you... sorry, I tried... perhaps rewrite when you are not pished up.. I think you might have a good point in there somewhere. Digging it out takes too much effort though.

agreed, little more than drunken babble. Makes no sense at all and paragraphs wont help

agreed, little more than drunken babble. Makes no sense at all and paragraphs wont help

I thought it was pretty clear.

He thinks that tourists on motorcycles and in cars make the roads unsafe for pizza delivery men, and he'll be glad when the low season comes (presumably he's a pizza delivery man himself, and has to fortify himself before he takes to his scooter, hence the 'stream of consciousness' grammar).

SC

More importantly, is the pizza safe?

I wanted to know what toppings the pizza had! It would have made a dull story interesting. Though I'm not sure what road safety has to do with Thailand being safe? I think we all know the answer to that!

Sounds like the pizza was 'Topped' full stop. No hope of a reprieve.