New Yamaha Nouvo Injected

inzman

believe that the engineers of three independent motorcycle manufacturers place that brace there for no other reason than to make it difficult to transport certain goods......

?

hmm sorry, but I am afraid, I don't understand your "argumentation". This sounds more like a conspiracy theory to me cool.png

Or should I just adjust my "sarcasm detector" again?

I believe, you should read read my posts again.

I think, it is wasted space, because millions of small scooter around the world, don't break apart without the "bone".

And whats with you, do you have any real argument (apart from the ones, I provided erlier), why to prefer the underbone-style?

But to be honest, if I read your two/three last posts, I think we can stop the discussion at this point, as I don't expect any more real arguments to follow.

Amen

wai.gif

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Honda upgrade the Airblade to 125 this year and keep the price down, then its game over for the Nouvo

Definitely.

Also a Honda is a Honda, is a Honda. Much better/easier to sell 2nd hand.

I would always choose the Honda from two similar scooter with a similar price

The bottom line is, underbone or not, the new nouvo is now just a 125 scooter, the same as a Click, yes it has twin rear shocks, but with a price of over 60,000B i mean seriously. I'd rather have the last years Mio for the price and the looks. Yamaha have shot themselves in the foot on this one. If Honda upgrade the Airblade to 125 this year and keep the price down, then its game over for the Nouvo.

First off, the bike costs just 52,500 baht for the wire wheeled version. And it costs 56500 baht in Pattaya over on Sukamvit Road for the alloy wheeled version. It's only when you add in the insurance and registration that the bike approaches 60,000 baht. You make it appear that Yamaha is gouging its customers. Back in January 2006 I paid 53,000 baht for a 113 c.c. Nouvo MX. So, in six years Yamaha has actually decreased its price by 500 baht and as I wrote in an earlier post the 125 c.c. fuel injected model still offers something like 18 % greater power than the old MX, better fuel economy, easier starting, and superior handling.

As for the Mio--you got a single shock which I'm sure was introduced as a cost saving measure rather than an attempt to improve the bike, which it certainly hasn't. And it doesn't have much under the seat storage. It doesn't have the significantly larger wheels and tires of the Nouvo SX so it's not going to be nearly as stable.

The bottom line is, underbone or not, the new nouvo is now just a 125 scooter, the same as a Click, yes it has twin rear shocks, but with a price of over 60,000B i mean seriously. I'd rather have the last years Mio for the price and the looks. Yamaha have shot themselves in the foot on this one. If Honda upgrade the Airblade to 125 this year and keep the price down, then its game over for the Nouvo.

First off, the bike costs just 52,500 baht for the wire wheeled version. And it costs 56500 baht in Pattaya over on Sukamvit Road for the alloy wheeled version. It's only when you add in the insurance and registration that the bike approaches 60,000 baht. You make it appear that Yamaha is gouging its customers. Back in January 2006 I paid 53,000 baht for a 113 c.c. Nouvo MX. So, in six years Yamaha has actually decreased its price by 500 baht and as I wrote in an earlier post the 125 c.c. fuel injected model still offers something like 18 % greater power than the old MX, better fuel economy, easier starting, and superior handling.

You may well be right Jack, all i'm going on is what i was told by the dealers in BKK, 58,000 for spokes 4-5000 more for alloys, I'm guessing that includes registration etc. The 2011 airblade with alloys was 56,000 with everything.

You may well be right Jack, all i'm going on is what i was told by the dealers in BKK, 58,000 for spokes 4-5000 more for alloys, I'm guessing that includes registration etc. The 2011 airblade with alloys was 56,000 with everything.

I will be picking John up a little after 9 a.m. this morning (assuming his new bike has been delivered to the dealer and is ready). I was with him when he put a 1000 baht deposit on his new Yamaha Nouvo SX so I am 100 percent sure the wire spoked one is 52500 and the alloyed wheeled version he got is 56500. He's got a 135 c.c. rental now so we should be getting some comparative feedback very soon. I have found nothing, and I do mean nothing on the internet yet that indicates what level of performance this new bike has or how it stacks up against the 135 c.c. Elegance.

We could do that run up to Rayong and back the way Per and I did that became the article I did on the shootout between the PCX and the Elegance showing the two bikes produced identical fuel mileage results. That was nearly all highway driving and after breaking my clavicle testing the 250 CBR I am not in the mood to do this one again. A salesman at the dealer we are picking the bike up at told me the Yamaha SX would do much better in city driving than the Elegance. I am thinking then of asking my friend to get gas mileage figures for his new bike while driving in and around Pattaya just as I have in the past. I can do the same and then we can put these up on my web site as well as in here.

To the degree that I've contributed to the price confusion, lemme apologize.

Up here in Chiang Mai, I've only been quoted by Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha 'all-in' prices, which here (barring a new-model special from Honda) include registration - green book and plate - and basic insurance. Most times they throw in some cheap stuff like a jacket or Thai certified helmet.

Then there's an invisible shipping charge, I'm convinced, because we seem always to pay a bit more (except Kwakers, who's dealers are so enriched by the manufacturer's super-high required price that they agree not to squeeze even more out of buyers).

So up here, price for the new 'Nouvo'wink.png runs about 58 to 62K. My own prejudice against inner tubes would require me to pay the higher figure for the alloy wheels, since Yamaha (unlike 'Zuki) includes tubeless at the mark-up price.

Now, I'm speaking here of dealers (usually same family per brand), but smaller outfits sometimes shave the prices a bit lower, I'm told.

And allow me to admit to another prejudice; fuel injection itself confers no necessary improvement in high speed or torque. In the case of the Elegance, it may not improve even upon that in fuel use very much - and that can be attributed to the slightly smaller oomph. Yammy may make more from the SX as it can sell to those many riders around the world who have no motorcycle authorization for bikes bigger than 125 - and who want a somewhat bigger frame on their scoot, not to mention larger wheels.

By and large, I think the 125Fi field represents small differences, this advantage balanced by another's. Were I to buy again in that market, I'd get a second-hand Elegance with truly low miles.clap2.gif

To the degree that I've contributed to the price confusion, lemme apologize.

Up here in Chiang Mai, I've only been quoted by Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha 'all-in' prices, which here (barring a new-model special from Honda) include registration - green book and plate - and basic insurance. Most times they throw in some cheap stuff like a jacket or Thai certified helmet.

Then there's an invisible shipping charge, I'm convinced, because we seem always to pay a bit more (except Kwakers, who's dealers are so enriched by the manufacturer's super-high required price that they agree not to squeeze even more out of buyers).

So up here, price for the new 'Nouvo'wink.png runs about 58 to 62K. My own prejudice against inner tubes would require me to pay the higher figure for the alloy wheels, since Yamaha (unlike 'Zuki) includes tubeless at the mark-up price.

Now, I'm speaking here of dealers (usually same family per brand), but smaller outfits sometimes shave the prices a bit lower, I'm told.

And allow me to admit to another prejudice; fuel injection itself confers no necessary improvement in high speed or torque. In the case of the Elegance, it may not improve even upon that in fuel use very much - and that can be attributed to the slightly smaller oomph. Yammy may make more from the SX as it can sell to those many riders around the world who have no motorcycle authorization for bikes bigger than 125 - and who want a somewhat bigger frame on their scoot, not to mention larger wheels.

By and large, I think the 125Fi field represents small differences, this advantage balanced by another's. Were I to buy again in that market, I'd get a second-hand Elegance with truly low miles.clap2.gif

there are still loads of "old" 135cc models in the dealerships

i dont like the single headlight cyclops design

i think i would still prefer the older model if i was to choose one today and keep the 6000 thb saved for gasohol or benzine 91 :)

nonsense post deleted. confused the new Nouvo sx with the new LX

Or is the SX the replacement for the LC ?

There is a comparison on this page:

http://alphapro.com/...12/nouvosx.html

If the SX is indeed the replacement for the LC 135, then it is bad news: less power, less range. Even the TTX looks better, except for underseat storage.

Why the heck didn't they make the tank bigger or at least keep it the same size???

Edited by manarak

If the SX is indeed the replacement for the LC 135, then it is bad news: less power, less range. Even the TTX looks better, except for underseat storage.

Why the heck didn't they make the tank bigger or at least keep it the same size???

the new 125cc engine will likely be more efficient and easier to start from cold but thats only useful if

you dont use your bike regularly anyway (used daily the carb version starts perfectly ) first spark fires it

up

the new 125cc engine will likely be more efficient and easier to start from cold but thats only useful if

you dont use your bike regularly anyway (used daily the carb version starts perfectly ) first spark fires it

up

yes, better efficiency has already been taken into account for the range. The new SX has even less range than the Nouvo LC, which already had a short range!

This is just frustrating.

I think I will have to haul a 1.5 liter reserve with me.

Edited by manarak

up

yes, better efficiency has already been taken into account for the range. The new SX has even less range than the Nouvo LC, which already had a short range!

This is just frustrating.

I think I will have to haul a 1.5 liter reserve with me.

you could keep a small jerry can under the seat but that would be as much hassle as stopping to get gas

IF the underseat storage could be converted to a seconary fuel tank i would welcome that (i think that space is around 6-7 litres ) so a total tank size of around 12 litres

that would interest me more than having a box to cook my shopping in

you could keep a small jerry can under the seat but that would be as much hassle as stopping to get gas

IF the underseat storage could be converted to a seconary fuel tank i would welcome that (i think that space is around 6-7 litres ) so a total tank size of around 12 litres

That space is used to store the 2 helmets...

but the helmets can be safely locked OUTSIDE the box using the locking pins under the front of the seat

anyway,who can fit 2 helmets in there ? one full face is pushing it

maybe two half size skid lids ........

The price came in 1000 baht lower than expected. 57500 baht for the alloy wheeled version including registration and govt insurance.

if you have the opportunity ,i would love to hear the results of a straight line race between the old 135 and new 125 elegance :)

i think theyre going to rather neck and neck but yamaha scooters get gradually worse (slower) as they age

mine could do 120kmph indicated with me and gf on it when it was new ,after around 12,000km it can do around 110kmph indiscated

Hello All,

I'm Jack's friend who just bought the Nouvo SX.

I have been riding the 135 Elegance and the biggest difference I've seen so far is that

from a standing stop the Elegance has more acceleration. The SX accelerates very smoothly,

there is no 'kick' like you get with the Elegance when you quickly open the throttle.

Does the SX eventually catch up with the Elegance? We haven't found that out yet.

One funny thing is that when I came the parking area my engine suddenly shut down.

I thought that was strange. Then it happened again at another parking place.

My friend figured out that it was the kickstand switch which cuts off the engine when

you put down the kickstand. I had gotten used to putting down the kickstand right away

and then reaching for the key to shut off the engine.

I wish they had an English manual. There are three diagrams that look interesting but I don't

know what they're telling me. Does anyone have an idea?

post-21895-0-20101800-1335521791_thumb.j

post-21895-0-20300000-1335521809_thumb.j

mine could do 120kmph indicated with me and gf on it when it was new ,after around 12,000km it can do around 110kmph indiscated...

Hmm, I can't agree with this point.

Some months ago, I bought a very cheap Mio 125 from September/2010 with ~71.000 Km on the clock.

I bought it, because it had some nice "blings", yss shock, alloy wheels, etc., which I swapped with my Mio 125 and then sold it cheaply to a "cheap charlie" friend, who drives it until today without problems.

But the engine power of this bike, was as good as from a 1-10000 Km bike. I didn't notice any performance loss.

The engine was original (checked the number) and I couldn't detect any signs of an engine rebuild. (nots and bolts seemed to be untouched).

However, it seems Yamaha has build a very solid 125cc engine...thumbsup.gif

mine could do 120kmph indicated with me and gf on it when it was new ,after around 12,000km it can do around 110kmph indiscated...

Some months ago, I bought a very cheap Mio 125 from September/2010 with ~71.000 Km on the clock.

I bought it, because it had some nice "blings", yss shock, alloy wheels, etc., which I swapped with my Mio 125 and then sold it cheaply to a "cheap charlie" friend, who drives it until today without problems.

But the engine power of this bike, was as good as from a 1-10000 Km bike. I didn't notice any performance loss.

The engine was original (checked the number) and I couldn't detect any signs of an engine rebuild. (nots and bolts seemed to be untouched).

talk to karlos

i read his mio 125 has also lost a bit of top end speed since he bought it last year

i cant explain it ,but its definately a bit slower

i used to only use benzine ,but its getting up bear the mid 40's per litre so i switched back to gasohol 91

that may or may or not have an effect on things

Hello All,

I have been riding the 135 Elegance and the biggest difference I've seen so far is that

from a standing stop the Elegance has more acceleration. The SX accelerates very smoothly,

there is no 'kick' like you get with the Elegance when you quickly open the throttle.

Does the SX eventually catch up with the Elegance? We haven't found that out yet.

One funny thing is that when I came the parking area my engine suddenly shut down.

My friend figured out that it was the kickstand switch which cuts off the engine when

you put down the kickstand. I had gotten used to putting down the kickstand right away

I wish they had an English manual. There are three diagrams that look interesting but I don't

i know what that first chart is :)

its how your bike will perform if its serviced properly at regular intervals

it shows the bike can be kept in good shape for a long time and permormance drops a bit

but then rises nearly to where it was when new when serviced

cant remember what the second one is though

but the helmets can be safely locked OUTSIDE the box using the locking pins under the front of the seat

I've got a semi full face (i.e. not closed at the chin) plus a half helmet (just a cup) in there, fits perfectly, avoids fines.

And some chaps like cutting the straps of the helmets "safely locked outside"

Edited by manarak

The question is, why they (Yamaha, etc...) dont put the tank in to the front fairing, like they did with the Fiore?

Or even better, in the empty space under the "bone". With these new FI bikes and their fuel pumps, they could place the tank, wherever they want.

Gravity is not needed anymore, to fill the the carbs.

Edited by vel_tins

Hello All,

i know what that first chart is smile.png

its how your bike will perform if its serviced properly at regular intervals

it shows the bike can be kept in good shape for a long time and permormance drops a bit

but then rises nearly to where it was when new when serviced

cant remember what the second one is though

The second graph is something to do with fuel economy... Can't work out exactly what they're getting at though.

I've got a semi full face (i.e. not closed at the chin) plus a half helmet (just a cup) in there, fits perfectly, avoids fines.

And some chaps like cutting the straps of the helmets "safely locked outside"

they will only do that if your helmet is a shoei or an arai etc and even then its rare

besides ,anyone with a long screwdriver or a prybar can pop open a scooter seat in about 3 seconds if they know something is worth stealing in there

This is what I've been able to figure out about the instrument panel display.

The lower right portion of the display can show either the Odometer, Trip Odometer, Current Fuel Economy or Average Fuel Economy. You press the select button to switch between the choices.

The Average and Current Fuel Economy can be shown in km/litre or liter/100km (press and hold the select to switch units).

The Average Fuel Economy is the average over the number of kms shown on the Trip Odometer (I believe.. I haven't tried to zero it independent of the Trip Odometer).

The upper right display is a bar graph of the current Fuel Economy. It has a smaller range than the numeric Fuel Economy display. When the units are km/liter the bar graph can show from 0 to 50 km/litre. The numeric display on the bottom shows from 0 to 99.9 km/liter.

I just tried out jtiger's (John's) new Yamaha Nouvo SX here in Naklua. As mentioned the bike is new as of yesterday. Well today John got up early to ride around in the hills and got around 43 k per liter according to his trip computer. We then rode around Naklua together and I was seeing numbers like 50 kpl on the computer. By the time we had finished the trip computer was registering over 45 kilometers to the liter. However, we were not stalled in traffic waiting for traffic lights to change and we were driving at a pretty good clip. It's going to take John at least several tank fulls in my opinion to really get a good gauge on what his new bike will do. Today I went back to my spreadsheet which showed my 135 c.c. Elegance getting 32.33 kpl based on my refilling my fuel tank five times. This is a more realistic gauge of city driving. If it were me on the bike and if I could hold at John's initial average of 43 kpl over 5 tankfuls around Pattaya this would mean the new Nouvo SX would be getting a range of 187 kilometers in city driving situations whereas I'd be getting just 155 kilometers per tankful with my Elegance 135. This would mean 20 % more range even though the new bike's fuel tank had been downsized from 4.8 liters to 4.3. All this of course is speculative based on very limited data.

Both of us felt the new Yamaha SX is not as torquey as the 135 c.c. Elegance. It is very smooth, however---even smoother than my 135 c.c. Elegance which has just 9000 kilometers on it. I felt it is more sensitive to steering inputs and more flickable than my Elegance. The bike simply has a great feel to it. All in all a great ride.

talk to karlos

i read his mio 125 has also lost a bit of top end speed since he bought it last year

i used to only use benzine ,but its getting up bear the mid 40's per litre so i switched back to gasohol 91

Nothing more than a little wear on the belt, but not enough to warrant changing it yet. She'll turn 28,000km tomorrow and i will treat her to a 3rd spark plug, air filter, hub oil, engine oil and perhaps a new belt. Still going strong and the slight drop (5km) in top speed really is nothing more than belt wear due to the floods and the distance covered. :)

The question is, why they (Yamaha, etc...) dont put the tank in to the front fairing, like they did with the Fiore?

Or even better, in the empty space under the "bone". With these new FI bikes and their fuel pumps, they could place the tank, wherever they want.

Gravity is not needed anymore, to fill the the carbs.

Gravity is never needed to fill carbs.....

talk to karlos

Nothing more than a little wear on the belt, but not enough to warrant changing it yet. She'll turn 28,000km tomorrow and i will treat her to a 3rd spark plug, air filter, hub oil, engine oil and perhaps a new belt. Still going strong and the slight drop (5km) in top speed really is nothing more than belt wear due to the floods and the distance covered. smile.png

my bike was also in the floods few times :(

i never thought tht would affect the top end speed though but i do have lost a bit of top end speed