Samui Radio Station

I don't know if it's still the case but it was at one time not permitted on the island. An attempt was made to do this back in the late 90s but it was halted dead quick.

Something connected with the naval/military base.

I was told a while back that the only way is to set something up a long way offshore and the power needed was prohibitively expensive to set up.

Maybe things have changed?

But I doubt it.

Cos there's Samui cable TV and Samui channel. If they could have done the FM radio thing too it would have come first - lots cheaper to set up.

(Just think of all that captive advertising income that can't be got at!)

R

pity i am away in 4 weeks time i used to DJ a radio station just a small one.and did it in clubs for 12 years in my time use to love and i have to say the island could do with an English one, and yes think of the money made by advertising .tenerifer has 3 radio stations and made good money to, just on advertising its not hard to do and not much out lay,as the island is only small so you power signal to cover this small place is very small.

should have a drive up to Nathon from lamai i have passed the sign many times for the samui radio station just passed Hua Thanon

now then then you pop pickers pmsl

What a depressing thought. 80's pop music introduced by someone for whom english is their third language, interspersed with adverts for jet-skis and muay thai events.laugh.png

Edit. That dig at the dj wasn't aimed at you doingok, but at that TV character we used to have.

Edited by itishothere
  • Like 1

What a depressing thought. 80's pop music introduced by someone for whom english is their third language, interspersed with adverts for jet-skis and muay thai events.laugh.png

Edit. That dig at the dj wasn't aimed at you doingok, but at that TV character we used to have.

it would be long ride to get it off the ground but to what music to play just play a bit of everything as i have say they is nothing English here, and they will be throwing money that ya to adv

pity i am away in 4 weeks time i used to DJ a radio station just a small one.and did it in clubs for 12 years in my time use to love and i have to say the island could do with an English one, and yes think of the money made by advertising .tenerifer has 3 radio stations and made good money to, just on advertising its not hard to do and not much out lay,as the island is only small so you power signal to cover this small place is very small.

should have a drive up to Nathon from lamai i have passed the sign many times for the samui radio station just passed Hua Thanon

now then then you pop pickers pmsl

You forgot how's about that then . . . googlegooglegoogle

Edited by robsamui

Oh - not one of those dark-skinned Politically-correct necessities that we see in a suit on Match of the Day? Something to do with Chevrolets?

I stand to be corrected, but the fact that Samui has the high hills inland, it is hard to transmit around the island. Now offshore could be a possibility, for those English people who were around the East coast in the 60's will remember offshore pirate radio stations such as, Radio Caroline, Radio Atlanta etc.