Stumey Archer Gear System: Bike Mechanic In Chiang Mai

ChiangMai101

Packing like the clappers here at the moment. I have a Pashleigh bicycle made in UK. My local bike shop prepared and packed the bike ready for transport. I am considering bringing the bike over to Chiang Mai with me. This bike is perfect for shopping rides and getting around flat areas. No intention of trying to go up Doi Suthep on this baby! (Guess that's why they call them 'push bikes'.) Is there a recommended bike shop in Chiang Mai that will be able to assemble the bike again? It has the Stumey Archer gear system which I believe is a difficult one to do assemble again. There is no point in bringing it over if it is just going to sit in its box.

Thanks!

The gear is more complicated but it is also sealed in the hub, the wouldn't have disassembled it. The only remotely arcane thing you would need to do is reattach the cable.

Can't be that hard, I used to do it when I was like 8 or 9. Just pop into the shop and ask for the 3 min guide to reattaching it.

Even if you don't tension it it will still work, albeit in top gear only.

Edited by necronx99

Spin Bike, TCA bikes, JackyBike and even VeloCity should be able to sort this no problems. But why bring this kind of bike here when you can hire typical Thai bikes easily and saves you all the hassle of transporting the beast?