Thailand May Change Visa Policy As Country Fears More Terror

george

There are no international police databases except something like Interpol which is only for very major crimes.

Well, privacy or no privacy, some Thai authority in the Pattaya area is doing something quite effective because like clockwork they keep uncovering resident foreign criminals here (on old charges). Of course I like the idea of sending out the criminals, but on the other hand, maybe it won't be so nice if they find an unpaid parking ticket of mine from 20 years ago and then my naked passport picture is splashed all over the local media. coffee1.gif

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no international police databases except something like Interpol which is only for very major crimes.

Well, privacy or no privacy, some Thai authority in the Pattaya area is doing something quite effective because like clockwork they keep uncovering resident foreign criminals here (on old charges). Of course I like the idea of sending out the criminals, but on the other hand, maybe it won't be so nice if they find an unpaid parking ticket of mine from 20 years ago and then my naked passport picture is splashed all over the local media. coffee1.gif

Naked pssport photos -- the mind boggles,,,,,giggle.gif

• Like 1

The Bangkok post has presented an article that lays the blame on MEK, an Iranian splinter group having been listed as a terrorist organization by the United States for many years. The Post presents the opinion than this act of terrorism was designed to implicate the Iranian Government. I did not provide the link because there are some restrictions on the Bangkok Post and this site. If you are interested, go to their website.

The Bangkok post has presented an article that lays the blame on MEK, an Iranian splinter group having been listed as a terrorist organization by the United States for many years. The Post presents the opinion than this act of terrorism was designed to implicate the Iranian Government. I did not provide the link because there are some restrictions on the Bangkok Post and this site. If you are interested, go to their website.

Struggling to find anything - any more clues within forum rules of course.

The Bangkok post has presented an article that lays the blame on MEK, an Iranian splinter group having been listed as a terrorist organization by the United States for many years. The Post presents the opinion than this act of terrorism was designed to implicate the Iranian Government.

Pakboong is well known for lots of posts in the conspiracy theory realm. This is not the opinion of the Bangkok Post and it is not based on any kind of facts or research what-so-ever. It is simply the biased opinion of Syedsulaiman Husaini the director of the Islamic studies centre at Al Mahdi Institute and former president of the Iran University Alumni Association - in otherwards, an Iranian shill. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Ulysses G.

Naked pssport photos -- the mind boggles,,,,,giggle.gif

As long as you don't smile for the photo......

Struggling to find anything - any more clues within forum rules of course.

From that authorised media outlet of iranian news in english - presstv.ir

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/227638.html

Thailand’s Shia leader Syedsulaiman Husaini says the suspects detained by Thai authorities with the alleged Iranian passports are members of the terrorist anti-Iran Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO).

I thought one of the bombers was a resident - exactly what that means I'm not sure but it seems like it was a long time since he went through the imigration

A detail that has been overlooked by many here... It was reported that the Iranian that blew his legs off had his residency revoked. Not his visa, but his residency status. Seeing how that Thai residency status is difficult if not impossible to obtain by most, just how did this person get this status and who pulled the strings to allow it?

• Like 1

I thought one of the bombers was a resident - exactly what that means I'm not sure but it seems like it was a long time since he went through the imigration

A detail that has been overlooked by many here... It was reported that the Iranian that blew his legs off had his residency revoked. Not his visa, but his residency status. Seeing how that Thai residency status is difficult if not impossible to obtain by most, just how did this person get this status and who pulled the strings to allow it?

What is your source for this info?

Conspriacy theorists never need sources.

I read here on TV. It was contained within one of the news releases posted in the News forum.

I will find the link and post it here.

Que rico, that's rich coming from you.

Edited by KeyserSoze01

Well, that didn't take long. Perhaps you should stay awake in class more often.

Post number 4 on this thread.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/533830-iran-israel-play-blame-game-over-bangkok-blasts/

Iranian badly injured in bombing stripped of residence status

THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- An Iranian man arrested in connection with Tuesday's blasts in Bangkok has been stripped of Thai residence status, Immigration Police chief Pol Lt-General Wibool Bangthamai said yesterday.

Saeib Morabi, who lost his legs in the incident, is being treated at Police General Hospital.

Police investigators visited him yesterday and, when evidence is available, will likely charge him with attempted murder, attempted murder of policemen on duty, possessing explosives and firearms without permission, and causing damage through explosions, a police source said.

A second suspect in police custody, Mohammad Hazai, 42, arrested at Suvarnabhumi Airport late on Tuesday, has not been charged with any offence.

Israel's ambassador to Thailand, Yitzhak Shoham, said Morabi was connected to a terror network behind recent bombing incidents in India and Georgia, relying partly on explosives of the kind found in the rented house in Bangkok.

Israeli authorities, through a Bangkok-based mission, are seeking details of the bomb-assembly system used with the magnetic explosives found in the home rented by the three suspects, said Bangkok police chief Pol Lt-General Winai Thongsong.

Three US Embassy officials were present at the rented house in Soi Pridi Banomyong 36 off Sukhumvit 71 Road, and had 30-minute talks with Thai police personnel.

According to police sources, two improvised bombs found at the house were in the form of portable radios, stuffed with C-4 explosives. Hand grenades with the safety lever removed were inserted in the radio units to be used as the detonator.

Small metal balls were also put in the units intended as shrapnel. There were six flat round metal plates with a diameter of 2 centimetres attached beneath the radio bomb units, each weighing about 2 kilograms.

Contrary to media reports that Morabi used two hand grenades while on the run, police sources said he used two radio bomb units, out of a stock of five. One went off in the first accidental explosion in the rented house, two were used by him and two others were found in the house.

The radio bombs went off five seconds after their grenades were activated. They had a blast radius of about 40 metres and kill radius of about 3-5 metres, the sources added.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-16

'Terrorists' are never anything to do with government. If you ask Israel bananas about Mossad, or US State Dept about CIA activities, or UK apparatchics about MI6, all will respond "We know nothing". That's what spooks are for - to do dirty work gov doesn't want to be held responsible for. The mass media play along with this. So when CIA/MI6/Surete knucledraggers go into Syria & Iran to make mayhem, the media tell us sheep it is all popular fighting against 'oppression', & for 'democracy'. Utter BS, but it sukkers many, especially the brain-dead, wrinkled, farang elephants of Sukhumwit & Pattaya. These retards are full of wind about how corrupt Thailand is, yet any criticism of their own far worse nations of the West is 'conspiracy theory'. Terrorists are always foreigners from somewhere else? Gimme a break, you dumb schmucks. OGT

• Like 1

U mean every amricans who they are orginaly italien they must be Mafia?? Or every arab is moslem or evry amrican moslem are terorister or every english men they sitt buy and sale slave!???

Thank you for joining up and sharing your dubious supposition. Your argument is laughable because;

1. It is the Italian government and its judiciary that have waged war on the mafia and they have been unrelenting.

2. It was the English that led the fight against slavery. You do know who Wilberforce was, right?

The key point in the above 2 items is that the groups you disparage are the groups that fought for change and that corrected a wrong.

I will not comment on your comment about American Muslims as I don't know if its leadership and population majority are aligned against terrorism.

So many pro terrorists, one would hope the Mossad, CIA & MI6 are monitoring.

There is an assumption made in all of the threads that somehow "secret agents' are infallible and can do anything. Reality check: They don't have the resources to monitor everything. These people are human and screw up. They make errors and their missions fail. Mossad, CIA, MI6, KGB have all laid some major plums over the years. I would expect the Iranians to be no better. It is not unreasonable to accept the fact that the Iranians screwed up.

Edited by geriatrickid
formatting

Does anyone really think that terrorists will call it quits because it is difficult to get a visa? More than likely just another inconvenience that solves nothing .. much like the "no alcohol between 2-5" .. another exercise in futility ..

Agreed on that point. 'Just another riddle to solve and pocket the solution until needed.

Does anyone know exactly and specifically what they are looking for? Is it like the "dangerous haze" in the Southern provinces? Terrorism is a riddle that was beautifully crafted, so that government can further restrict the movements and freedoms of most people, whilst re-using that term to strike fear and "terror" into the hearts of the sheep and keep'em runnin' back to Big Brother for protection from the very thing government generates, grooms and nurtures and re-uses.

Vicious cycle with no good end for mankind's well-being.