Airport To City. Ho Chi Min

oldsailor35

the typical rip off.

When you leave the airport, ignore the touts and go to the left where you find all the metered taxi's. Insist that hey run on meter and ignore requests for additional money when you arrive at your hotel.

Make sure you have a business card or printed address from the hotel you want to go to.

you will probably pay not more then 5-6 USD.

the typical rip off.

When you leave the airport, ignore the touts and go to the left where you find all the metered taxi's. Insist that hey run on meter and ignore requests for additional money when you arrive at your hotel.

Make sure you have a business card or printed address from the hotel you want to go to.

you will probably pay not more then 5-6 USD.

Many thanks for that mate ! i thought this would be the situation.

Not really sure that rip off applies to all of Asia. The worst problems I've had were in Vietnam. They tried to over charge upon arrival and took me to another hotel...telling me, yes, this is your hotel. No, it's not, yes, it is. Finally started yelling at the guy and he took me to the right hotel. No fun when you are getting in late and having to deal with this.

Maybe your hotel could set something up for you?

there are metered airport taxi's similar to BKK. just give the driver your location and have him drop the flag. It'll be roughly $10US or less

to district 3 and district 1 downtown area.

back in 1991, I flew into Saigon (HCM) and the taxi was $10usd then. Noibai (Hanoi) airport cabs are regulated with a flat rate, I paid

$10us a few years ago but don't know exact price now.

Have to admit being ripped off 18 months ago by taxi from the Airport to City.

After exiting arrivals be very careful as you will have lots and lots of rogue taxi

drivers touting for your fare.

My advice ALWAYS go with metered taxi -!!!!! Won't tell you how much i was ripped off for (Ouch)angry.png

but as i say be very careful.

It should be close to $10.00 from the airport to the city. My estimate is around 200,000.00 dong.

As per above, just walk to the left when you exit. I'd recommend VinaSun and MaiLinh taxi's for all trips in HCM. (White with green writing) They both have uniformed attendants with a radio at the taxi area. Both have a fleet of mainly new family seater style taxis.

4995908-Taxi_Ho_Chi_Minh_City.jpg

Trip to anywhere in District 1 should be around 120 000 and not more than 140 000.

• 2 weeks later...

When you leave the airport international terminal, walk to the right towards the domestic terminal. you will see a bus sitting there number 51. This goes into the city every 20 minutes and costs less than a dollar.

Thanks, but not with suitcases and not knowing where the hotel is !

Last week fixed price fare was 315k dong from airport to old quarter. Guy also ran the meter, for some unknown reason and with unknown accuracy. Meter said 290k

That would be from Noi Bai to Ha Noi old quarter?

Fixed price includes the toll fees.

I am so glad that i declined the $US25 that i was so kindly offered online, and took notice of the guys in here.

The fare eventually cost me around $US6 from the airport to district 1.

Incidentially, the next time i go there i will take only $US, they are used everywhere for everything.

Thanks again guys.