Get Non-O Based On Marriage\

I currently hold Non-B with a work permit till the end of this month.

I've stopped working and need a new visa.

Do I need to go out of the kingdom to obtain a new Non-O based on my marriage? or can I do it at the immigration office where I live (Phitsanulok)?

Cheers.

Do you have a 90 day visa entry or a one year extension of stay? If extension it ends on day work ends and you must cancel and leave within 24 hours. Yes you will have to visit a Consulate outside Thailand to obtain a non immigrant O visa. You do not meet conditions for one year Thai Wife extension of stay?

Yes you will have to visit a Consulate outside Thailand to obtain a non immigrant O visa.

Cambodia, here I come.

You do not meet conditions for one year Thai Wife extension of stay?

No, I don't. Almost did, 3 years ago. it was before I started working. Transferred money to buy a car. Did a mistake and put all the money in a joint account of me and the wife. Immigration officer said: "The money should be on your name only. Now half of it is yours and the other half belong to your wife, so you only half of the amount to get 1 year extension..." mad.gif

Do you have a 90 day visa entry or a one year extension of stay? If extension it ends on day work ends and you must cancel and leave within 24 hours. Yes you will have to visit a Consulate outside Thailand to obtain a non immigrant O visa. You do not meet conditions for one year Thai Wife extension of stay?

Ive been told i can go to bangkok immigration for a non O based on marriage.. Korat immigration told me this and the nice lady has even give me her card to call her if i have any problems... Im now on an extension of just being married and im going to bangkok this week to change to a Non O

From the sound of it you are currently on a 60-day extension of stay to visit your Thai wife based on clause 2.24 of Police Order 777/2551. Only if you can meet the requirements for one-year extension under clause 2.18(6) will the immigration office give you that extension.

Hi maestro, was that comment for me or the OP.. Yes im on a 60 day extension because of marriage and the lady in khorat said go to bangkok.. I dont know what paperwork i need to take with me so any info will be gratefully received.. Best wishes David

The OP does not meet the conditions for extension of stay so can not obtain in Thailand. If you do meet them you can convert to one non immigrant entry from immigration and then obtain extension of stay. You will need proof of the funds required for Thai wife extension of stay (having Thai wife) along with marriage paperwork.

You can transfer a non-B to a non-O at Bangkok Immigration, I tried it once and failed because I did not have the proper evidence that the work permit was cancelled (some kind of form or letter from the labor department to be acquired by your former employer when they cancel your work permit). That was then (5 years ago) the only thing missing. So I simply went out of the country to get a new non-O.

You can not change type of entry (B to O) at immigration. You can change reason for extension of stay but that does not change your entry visa. You can change a tourist or visa exempt entry to non immigrant if you qualify for extension of stay.

You can not change type of entry (B to O) at immigration. You can change reason for extension of stay but that does not change your entry visa. You can change a tourist or visa exempt entry to non immigrant if you qualify for extension of stay.

Thanks for the confirmation Lopburi... Do you know what paperwork ill need to show then to change from a Tourist visa to a NON O.? I already have the proof of income what else would i need Thank you

Ive been told i can go to bangkok immigration for a non O based on marriage.. Korat immigration told me this and the nice lady has even give me her card to call her if i have any problems... Im now on an extension of just being married and im going to bangkok this week to change to a Non O.

I'm in a similar situation but keep getting conflicting advice. I'm on a tourist visa extension, but recently married and would like to get a single entry 90 day non o visa based on marriage.

I've had some people tell me i don't have to leave Thailand to do this, I can go Bangkok, and that I don't need to show any kind of proof of income. I rang my local immigration office and was told I would have to apply outside of Thaland for a non o visa.

The immigration office suggested I apply for the 60 extension based on marriage, which I assume is the same thing you are referring to above?

I can't get a definative answer on this, can anyone help?

I've had 3 back-to-back tourist visa, all extended at the local immigration office. And just to complicte matters, when the last extension ran out, I managed to get another 90 day "extension" of stay via a friendly agent. So maybe going to the immigration office AGAIN, and asking for the 60 day marriage extension, might not be a good idea????

1. You can obtain a non immigrant entry of 90 days in Bangkok and some other offices in the process of extension of stay. You must meet those extension conditions including show of financials (although they do not have to be seasoned if that is also the extension requirement).

2. You can not obtain a normal non immigrant O visa for entry inside Thailand.

3. You can obtain a 60 day extension of any entry to visit wife. But different immigration offices may have different opinions on how often they will provide.

I retired at the end of Feb. last year. I went with my company rep. to Sriracha immigration, the work permit was cancelled and I was then given a Retirement visa.

I did ofcause fill out the forms, pay the money and have the 800,000 in the bank.

Good Luck

I dont know what paperwork i need to take with me so any info will be gratefully received.. Best wishes David

1. Two application forms T.M. 7 with two photographs size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

2. Copy Marriage Certificate

3. Copy Kor Ror 2 from amphur office (not older than six months)

4. Child's birth certificate (if any)

5. Copy wife’s house registration

6. Copy wife’s identity card

7. Copy passport, non-Im visa, arrival card.

8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife

9. Map to residency (names of roads and house marked in Thai)

10. Picture of house and family, in house and outside showing house number.

With money in bank option.

1. Letter from bank same day or day before stating bank records, make a transaction just before to get it up to date.

2. Bank account must be in Husbands name, joint accounts will not qualify.

With Income in Thailand option

1. A copy of work permit

2. Personal Corporation income Tax (PND.1) in latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year with receipt

With Income from abroad.

1. Embassy letter stating your income.

All of the above in two copies, if not in BKK

I dont know what paperwork i need to take with me so any info will be gratefully received.. Best wishes David

1. Two application forms T.M. 7 with two photographs size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

2. Copy Marriage Certificate

3. Copy Kor Ror 2 from amphur office (not older than six months)

4. Child's birth certificate (if any)

5. Copy wife’s house registration

6. Copy wife’s identity card

7. Copy passport, non-Im visa, arrival card.

8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife

9. Map to residency (names of roads and house marked in Thai)

10. Picture of house and family, in house and outside showing house number.

With money in bank option.

1. Letter from bank same day or day before stating bank records, make a transaction just before to get it up to date.

2. Bank account must be in Husbands name, joint accounts will not qualify.

With Income in Thailand option

1. A copy of work permit

2. Personal Corporation income Tax (PND.1) in latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year with receipt

With Income from abroad.

1. Embassy letter stating your income.

All of the above in two copies, if not in BKK

So I have all of the above but right now I am visa exempt. Can I change it to a Non-Imm O, which would be 90 days or do I need to get an extension for 60 days? If I get the 90 days, do I then need to go outside the country to get a multiple entry O? I had a non-imm M for many years but before this had a O - for the life of me I can't remember all the details and since the requirements change every other day, I'd appreciate any help I can get! I do remember that my wife DID NOT go with me in the past so I'm not sure why they want her to go but if she needs to go she needs to go.

Edited by consigliere

You need to go to Immigration and convert to a Non Imm O Visa (90 days) 2,000 Baht

You can then apply for the 12 month extension. 1,900 baht.

They might even do it all on the same day.

Yes your Wife has to go every year to be spoken to and to fill in forms.

Note that only Bangkok and one or two other offices will do the conversion so you might be sent to Bangkok depending on where you apply.

You need to go to Immigration and convert to a Non Imm O Visa (90 days) 2,000 Baht

You can then apply for the 12 month extension. 1,900 baht.

They might even do it all on the same day.

Yes your Wife has to go every year to be spoken to and to fill in forms.

Note that only Bangkok and one or two other offices will do the conversion so you might be sent to Bangkok depending on where you apply.

That's excellent, thank you. I'm in Bangkok so no problem other than the traffic to get to Chaengwattana Road!