Abhisit Fears Renewed Political Turmoil During Mid-Year

webfact

If he was illegal removed from power can be discussed because he was illegal in power at that time if you remember what happened, with the election after election after election. And when were the Democrats in power without valid mandate?? They had together with their coalition partner a majority.

(That the Democrat lead government showed a very poor performance is another thing, but in no way illegal)

However you interpret the legality of Thaksin (and I am no constitutional expert), its hard to ignore the fact that he had won three elections in a row, and was likely to win a fourth when he was ousted as Prime Minister by the Generals.

Abhisit however had lost an election before it was arranged that he should become Prime Minister.

• Like 1

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If he was illegal removed from power can be discussed because he was illegal in power at that time if you remember what happened, with the election after election after election. And when were the Democrats in power without valid mandate?? They had together with their coalition partner a majority.

(That the Democrat lead government showed a very poor performance is another thing, but in no way illegal)

However you interpret the legality of Thaksin (and I am no constitutional expert), its hard to ignore the fact that he had won three elections in a row, and was likely to win a fourth when he was ousted as Prime Minister by the Generals.

Abhisit however had lost an election before it was arranged that he should become Prime Minister.

Their interpretation is mainly trying to torture history in a way that gives them cover for justifying a coup.

The facts you state are difficult for them to counter.

The story fabrication about that attack by Red shirts on poor Pimay11, is so grossly out of character for Red Shirts that it's fictitious nature is immediately obvious to those who have been amongst those taxpayers.

That is why I am very comfortable dismissing in my Posts, those who come up with exaggerated misrepresentations of Red Shirts as some sort of anarchic, anti-social element. It is a clear indication they have never been around Red Shirts in a meaningful way, and are simply projecting the characterization the coupists have promoted, of those who opposed them.

It is all part of that agenda to denigrate, besmirch and demonize those who did not accept their usurpation of power, which was validated in last years election.

The mis-characterization of protesters at R'song is grossly misleading, when one considers it in light of the vengeful and vicious attack by pro-coupist forces.

But only when one has experienced them close up and personal, one wouldn't know that and accepting coupist propaganda is understandable.

Out of all the posters I have read in the years this guy must be the worst. Despite plenty of evidence of red shirt violence he believes it's not true. Maybe it's alzheimers coming on. Anyway I won't be wasting anymore of my time on this guy. I would suggest others do the same.

He's shown to be quite successful at baiting others into off-topic blatherings...

It's having the desired derailing effect by rehashing old news going on 6 years ago and previously discussed in literally hundreds of threads with thousands of posts.

He's just February 2012's version. Next month, it's be someone else and the same points will be raised in the same off-topic manner.

Yes it is, and I appreciate it.

The thought also occurred to me how many countries this sort of political dialogue would not be tolerated.

I also appreciate Thailand.

Debate like this has been going on for many years here. I doubt you can attribute it to any particular government.

But the arguably intense opposition you are facing on here does highlight how isolated your opinions are.

How many people have you had to (frantically) reply back to now? You're not seriously going to insinuate this is coordinated in any way...?

The simple fact is many of us were living in Bangkok during the red shirt armed occupation of Ratchaprasong and elsewhere, and find much at fault with your attempts to justify it.

But labeling a poster a liar after for accurately recalling a confrontation with the red shirts in Udon Thai (which I find highly believable given what we also observed here during that time), is downright weak.

• Like 2

Thaksin "won" two elections. The election that he called 3 years early (out of a 4 year term!!), he was unable to form government. He probably would have won a fourth - he'd bought everyone into his party already.

throatwobbler, #81

Out of all the posters I have read in the years this guy must be the worst. Despite plenty of evidence of red shirt violence he believes it's not true.

Only in the sense that it was a reaction against being attacked viciously and vengefully by those they were protesting against.

Not only was that reaction justified and understandable, so was their reason for protesting.

They were the electoral majority who knew they were the electoral majority as validated in last years election.

Who in their right mind would accept governance from a minority who forcefully overthrew the Government you voted for.

Maybe it's alzheimers coming on. Anyway I won't be wasting anymore of my time on this guy. I would suggest others do the same.

Why would you suggest others do the same thing throatwobbler?

To break my own rule but this is why.

tumblr_l2a1omvNhD1qzp0dfo1_500.jpg

throatwobbler, #81

Out of all the posters I have read in the years this guy must be the worst. Despite plenty of evidence of red shirt violence he believes it's not true.

Only in the sense that it was a reaction against being attacked viciously and vengefully by those they were protesting against.

Not only was that reaction justified and understandable, so was their reason for protesting.

They were the electoral majority who knew they were the electoral majority as validated in last years election.

Who in their right mind would accept governance from a minority who forcefully overthrew the Government you voted for.

Maybe it's alzheimers coming on. Anyway I won't be wasting anymore of my time on this guy. I would suggest others do the same.

Why would you suggest others do the same thing throatwobbler?

To break my own rule but this is why.

tumblr_l2a1omvNhD1qzp0dfo1_500.jpg

As already mentioned, anyone defending attacks on hospitals and arson deserves no respect.

• Like 2

Peau Thai and UDD need Conflict and division to motivate their supporters .. The Future of Thailand can go to hell

Didn't see that in last years elections.

Again, spoken by someone who has never been near a PTP/UDD entity.

The comment attests to that fact, and is parroting of Oppositional agenda.

Didnt see what ? I know what I saw in the run up to the election,Evident you know nothing

Edited by KKvampire
  • Like 1

Of course there is going to be turmoil. The primary goal of the red shirt movement all along had been to return Thaksin's confiscated stolen loot and pardon the crimes committed by him and his cronies. 46 billion baht was taken from him, and he wants it back. Everyone knows that attempting to return it and pardon him is going to cause massive street protests. Red shirt funding continues because they are to be Thaksin's personal militia to violently smash any protest that threatens him from retaking his ill-gotten money. It is going to be much bloodier this time around, and his thugs will go a lot farther than throwing grenades or performing drive by shootings like they did during previous anti Thaksin demonstrations, and they will go farther than the terrorism and violence they perpetrated during 2010. The anti Thaksin protestors are going to take a bloody beating to scare them in to submission. This is also why the propaganda efforts, even here, continue unabated and they are trying to so hard to disparage those that stand up to this tyrant. They are planning on massacring them and they are setting up the groundwork to excuse their actions.

Well you've certainly swallowed hook, line & sinker. Thaksin was illegally removed from power by a coup that was against the constitution of the time. The red shirt protests were a valid and understandable response by the majority of the electorate who had been marginalized by a scheming coalition of the army, Democrats, aristocrats and those businessmen who suffered under TRT. The election clearly showed that the Democrats had no valid mandate to rule & the fact they were in power was an insult to democracy & justice. Thaksin Shinawatra is simply the most successful & popular leader in the history of the country and he fully deserves to be able to return to his home country and lead Thailand to further prosperity.

If you consider it valid that the Democrat government was formed after a backroom deal in the military barracks, where Chumpol Silpaarcha stated publicly that his party was forced to join by an 'irresistible force' you really are undemocratic. The fact that Newin's traitorous behaviour preempted his party's massive failure in the last election show just what the voters thought about the coalition.

Their interpretation is mainly trying to torture history in a way that gives them cover for justifying a coup.

The facts you state are difficult for them to counter.

just like you are doing again here with your bias factless crap

Of course there is going to be turmoil. The primary goal of the red shirt movement all along had been to return Thaksin's confiscated stolen loot and pardon the crimes committed by him and his cronies. 46 billion baht was taken from him, and he wants it back. Everyone knows that attempting to return it and pardon him is going to cause massive street protests. Red shirt funding continues because they are to be Thaksin's personal militia to violently smash any protest that threatens him from retaking his ill-gotten money. It is going to be much bloodier this time around, and his thugs will go a lot farther than throwing grenades or performing drive by shootings like they did during previous anti Thaksin demonstrations, and they will go farther than the terrorism and violence they perpetrated during 2010. The anti Thaksin protestors are going to take a bloody beating to scare them in to submission. This is also why the propaganda efforts, even here, continue unabated and they are trying to so hard to disparage those that stand up to this tyrant. They are planning on massacring them and they are setting up the groundwork to excuse their actions.

Well you've certainly swallowed hook, line & sinker. Thaksin was illegally removed from power by a coup that was against the constitution of the time. The red shirt protests were a valid and understandable response by the majority of the electorate who had been marginalized by a scheming coalition of the army, Democrats, aristocrats and those businessmen who suffered under TRT. The election clearly showed that the Democrats had no valid mandate to rule & the fact they were in power was an insult to democracy & justice. Thaksin Shinawatra is simply the most successful & popular leader in the history of the country and he fully deserves to be able to return to his home country and lead Thailand to further prosperity.

If you consider it valid that the Democrat government was formed after a backroom deal in the military barracks, where Chumpol Silpaarcha stated publicly that his party was forced to join by an 'irresistible force' you really are undemocratic. The fact that Newin's traitorous behaviour preempted his party's massive failure in the last election show just what the voters thought about the coalition.

Your posts live up to your name.

Debate like this has been going on for many years here. I doubt you can attribute it to any particular government.

But the arguably intense opposition you are facing on here does highlight how isolated your opinions are.

How many people have you had to (frantically) reply back to now? You're not seriously going to insinuate this is coordinated in any way...?

The simple fact is many of us were living in Bangkok during the red shirt armed occupation of Ratchaprasong and elsewhere, and find much at fault with your attempts to justify it.

But labeling a poster a liar after for accurately recalling a confrontation with the red shirts in Udon Thai (which I find highly believable given what we also observed here during that time), is downright weak.

These propaganda dispensers are not really interested in discussing things in good faith and the fact that most posters here saw many of these events first hand is irrelevant them. They are simply trying to repeat the same misinformation and tired Thaksin talking points over and over again and hope someone believes their lies. They operate under the big lie theory of disinformation. It is not very effective on people who actually live in Thailand, but it is much more effective on people who weren't here, don't follow politics, or haven't even been to Thailand. Arguing with such posters is in itself pointless, the only reason to respond is not allow their propaganda to go unchallenged as some people may believe them otherwise, but it is not possible to have an actual constructive conversation with them.

Interestingly enough, a number of posters could have written the same comment from the opposite perspective which you hold prior to the bonanza of posts from CalgaryII.

;)

This forum has been dominated by anti-Thaksin / anti-red-shirt / anti-PTP venom for a very long time.

• Like 1

Interestingly enough, a number of posters could have written the same comment from the opposite perspective which you hold prior to the bonanza of posts from CalgaryII.

wink.png

This forum has been dominated by anti-Thaksin / anti-red-shirt / anti-PTP venom for a very long time.

This forum has it's vocal anti and vocal pro Thaksin/red-shirts/UDD/Pheu Thai supporters, both being able to spit venom like (green) vipers. Most of those have been banned already (regularly). Even with the forum rules very distinct and controversial opinions may be voiced. You don't have to like it, I don't have to like it, but it adds some spice to discussions. One also learns which posters to simply ignore in order to avoid too violent confrontations. Voluntary holidays far from TV also help smile.png

These propaganda dispensers are not really interested in discussing things in good faith and the fact that most posters here saw many of these events first hand is irrelevant them. They are simply trying to repeat the same misinformation and tired Thaksin talking points over and over again and hope someone believes their lies. They operate under the big lie theory of disinformation. It is not very effective on people who actually live in Thailand, but it is much more effective on people who weren't here, don't follow politics, or haven't even been to Thailand. Arguing with such posters is in itself pointless, the only reason to respond is not allow their propaganda to go unchallenged as some people may believe them otherwise, but it is not possible to have an actual constructive conversation with them.

wink.png

Venom? Sometimes the truth hurts ...

The fact that Newin's traitorous behaviour preempted his party's massive failure in the last election show just what the voters thought about the coalition.

Newin didn't fail in the election, he won about the same number of seats that he left PTP with. It was a failure in that his attempt to expand outside of his home turf was unsuccessful and that he split up the anti Thaksin vote in other provinces, but he won by a comfortable margin inside of it. The fact that you consider it a failure shows a misunderstanding about how politics in Thailand operates. People vote for their local political clan that has usually been in power for decades no matter what, if they are with Thaksin or not is irrelevant. Newin's talk about taking lots of seats from outside his territory was unrealistic, all it did was split the anti Thaksin vote and allow PTP to win seats it otherwise would have lost. Politics is local and fuedal in Thailand. Thaksin originally "won" elections by purchasing all of these NE feudal leaders and gathering them in to a coalition. Most of this elite stay because Thaksin offers the most loot, chances for corruption, and opportunities to continue exploiting their constituents.

Newin was no more "traitorous" than any other politician in Thailand.

They are all creatures taking advantage for themselves in the moment.

Certainly no more than Thaksin was disloyal to Newin, which started the mess.

The story fabrication about that attack by Red shirts on poor Pimay11, is so grossly out of character for Red Shirts that it's fictitious nature is immediately obvious to those who have been amongst those taxpayers.

That is why I am very comfortable dismissing in my Posts, those who come up with exaggerated misrepresentations of Red Shirts as some sort of anarchic, anti-social element. It is a clear indication they have never been around Red Shirts in a meaningful way, and are simply projecting the characterization the coupists have promoted, of those who opposed them.

It is all part of that agenda to denigrate, besmirch and demonize those who did not accept their usurpation of power, which was validated in last years election.

The mis-characterization of protesters at R'song is grossly misleading, when one considers it in light of the vengeful and vicious attack by pro-coupist forces.

But only when one has experienced them close up and personal, one wouldn't know that and accepting coupist propaganda is understandable.

Out of all the posters I have read in the years this guy must be the worst. Despite plenty of evidence of red shirt violence he believes it's not true. Maybe it's alzheimers coming on. Anyway I won't be wasting anymore of my time on this guy. I would suggest others do the same.

He's shown to be quite successful at baiting others into off-topic blatherings...

It's having the desired derailing effect by rehashing old news going on 6 years ago and previously discussed in literally hundreds of threads with thousands of posts.

He's just February 2012's version. Next month, it's be someone else and the same points will be raised in the same off-topic manner.

Yes of course, it is the job description.

• Like 1

Like I said, what the hell was Colonel Ramklao doing at a political demonstration. He would have known it would simply inflame things.

The electoral majority knew they were the electoral majority, and no amount of armed aggression would suppress that.

Abhi and his henchmen who sent Colonel Ramklao should have known better. They have Colonel Ramklao's blood on their hands.

It was they, who should have gone there, and resolved the issue.

The Politicians didn't do what Politicains are supposed to do, and that started with those who pulled Abhi's strings.

Such chivalry supporting murder. "He had it coming for being there"

Yes.

Such a political demonstration by legitimate citizens with valid political reasons, was no place to deploy pro-coup armed aggressors.

Even the act of setting up a barricade to confine the protesters was an attack.

Just in case someone missed it, here he actually comes out in support of the murder of colonel Romklao for the offense of being at the Democracy Monument.

There are things to be said about that, but I'm pretty sure it's against forum rules.

WOW Government turmoil. Did he figure this out all by himself? What a rocket Scientist.

That's government caused turmoil.

I have read this sentiment before.

It most often results from Oppositional types who cannot conceive having their hereditary governance privileges denied.

In their mind, if they don't rule, it must be turmoil, or in another instance I read - chaos.

As opposed to nepotistic governance privileges?

Controled by a megalomaniac for governace pillages.

Bingo. :thumbsup:

Like I said, what the hell was Colonel Ramklao doing at a political demonstration. He would have known it would simply inflame things.

The electoral majority knew they were the electoral majority, and no amount of armed aggression would suppress that.

Abhi and his henchmen who sent Colonel Ramklao should have known better. They have Colonel Ramklao's blood on their hands.

It was they, who should have gone there, and resolved the issue.

The Politicians didn't do what Politicains are supposed to do, and that started with those who pulled Abhi's strings.

Such chivalry supporting murder. "He had it coming for being there"

Yes.

Such a political demonstration by legitimate citizens with valid political reasons, was no place to deploy pro-coup armed aggressors.

Even the act of setting up a barricade to confine the protesters was an attack.

Just in case someone missed it, here he actually comes out in support of the murder of colonel Romklao for the offense of being at the Democracy Monument.

There are things to be said about that, but I'm pretty sure it's against forum rules.

Post # 96 covered it.

Post # 96 covered it.

That's a charitable assumption, but this is the kind of mindset you find on the people that throw grenades at their "enemies". They feel completely justified in taking whatever amoral action they deem necessary because they are the good guys... even if they have to kill some people for the "cause".

Does experiencing their attack on Chulalongkorn University Hospital or their arson at Central World count as close up enough?

Almost.

Protesters protest and get in the face of those who they are protesting against wherever they can be found.

The arson thing you mention is in dispute, with many loud voices and supporting video, claiming it was the armed aggressors trying to make those they were attacking, look bad. But all of that is another issue.

Wow!...just wow! Calgaryll....aren't you a piece of work....

Keep it up, I enjoy reading the lunatic wannabe farang red supporter posts on a daily basis...never knew that any "educated" farang with typing skills would ever become this lost...may you rest in peace with it one day...

I'm Thai by the way...and not a yellow shirt, nor do I support the military. All I need is eyes, ears and a bit of logic to know what's going on...from my point of view (and the majority in here), you lack all those necessary senses and traits to be able to communicate on a level that is above "crazy"...

Ask him how much thai he speaks.wink.png

Edited by longway

I really think we need a coup here and now, a bloodless coup of course

I'm out of here. Tired of the same old madness from that one poster. Judging by the amounts of likes I have received for my posts, its gratifying to see how many decent people there are on this forum and by decent people I mean the folk that really don't support the prolific poster ....... Last word from me.

• Like 1

Not a "result of', but in 'spite of". All parties of all political stripes do it, in spite of some trying to put fingers elsewhere

The question that always follows, if there were no vote buying, would the result have been different.

The election of last year was so overwhelmingly in favour of one side, that it can be easily argued that votebuying did not affect the final outcome.

Your ant-politician stance falls into the catagory used by many of the anti-democracy types in Thailand, who use anti-poitician mantra's to attack the very process of electoral democracy.

Thinking if they attack the results, they get at the process.

Not my POV at all. I'm just realistic - just because a government takes power as a result of buying votes doesn't give them less of a mandate. Just like stateside, changing which party is in power doesn't change the fundamental truth that money is power, it's just a battle between different factions of elite, very marginal differences as far as the lives of the common people are concerned.

I don't think Thaksin is as wonderful as his supporters claim, nor as evil as this opposition does. He is what he is, and that's obviously what the people want. He may as well be allowed to come back and take the reins directly, I think the puppet strings lose too much in translation all the way from Dubai, if he's back here at least some things will actually get done. And at least the poor common people will get slightly larger sized scraps off the table of the elite, better deal than they got from anyone else.

They're all a bunch of crooks, real improvement of the fundamentally hopeless system as a whole isn't going to happen no matter what, might as well do what's good for business.

Maybe a real total civil war and revolution would be good for Thailand in the long run anyway, but actually I don't think even he can afford to pay that many people to risk their lives.

Pimay11, #45

Correct I have never been near a PAD rally and don't intend to be. I do not support this bunch either.

False nuetrality is chicken-shit.

Birds-of-a-feather flock together.

You sympathise with one, you sympathise with them all.

I prefer to use the word 'sympathise', as technically us inconsequential Farangs don't support anyone.

As political junkies, we just spout off.

Well Calgaryll have fun posting your driatribes, nonsense and calling people liars until you get banned. I will not be responding to you troll posts and personal attacks.

• Like 2