Thai Relationship, Am I Doing The Right Thing?

Craig1981

Hi, I really need your advice on this one and I know you have all probably heard this before.

In October of last year I went on a holiday to Thailand. I met a girl over there that I really do have strong feelings for. We are both 30 years old. At the time she was living in Pattaya but she now lives back on her farm with her parents (yes I know what you are all thinking at this point but read on). I know this is true because I am good friends with the owners of the bar she was working at and I had some of her clothes in my suitcase that I mailed to her new address.

Ok here is my story, my first night in Thailand I spent with her, I thought wow she is actually I nice chick I want to see her again. Then I remembered what my friend said “Do not spend more than one night with the same girl, they will sink there hooks in and take your money that’s all they are after”. So I left it at that and spent the next seven days with many different girls.

After my seven days of intense butterflying I finally realised that the girl on my first night was actually different to all the other girls I was with. So I barfined her for the night and the next day I ended up barfining her for the remainder of the trip. Only she did not want my money for herself, she just wanted the cash to pay the barfine (4500bht 10days).

On the day I was leaving I felt so guilty about her not accepting my money that I tried giving her many times but she would not accept she just kept saying “ I not want your money, I just like being with you, you are nice person”. So I ended up just buying her a nice present before I left which she loved. I arrived home the next day and I was trying not to think of her but I couldn’t she would call me on a daily basis and I would do the same.

I have dated many girls over the years and not had feelings like I have for her, very strange considering I am not really attracted to Thai girls. I was actually in Pattaya staying at the Fairtex Resort for my Muay Thai training. I had no intentions of falling for a Thai girl.

Now this is where my dilemma starts……

My problem is I was only with her for 10 days before I returned home from my holiday. I had feelings for her and I did not want her to work in the bar anymore, so I sent her 20,000bht and she paid the bar 8000bht to release her from working there (this is true because I spoke with my friend and owner of the bar and asked how much I needed to give him).

But when I returned to Pattaya in January I found out that she was with another man during the time I had sent her the money. I have seen photos from a friend of hers; she did not want me to find out. She tells me that she is sorry and she was only with him because she felt I would not be back to see her again. She said this happened to her before .

I am now 100% certain that she is not in contact with the other man; she even has a new phone number, she wiped her phone clean and flushed her old sim down the toilet, I was with her when she done this. She is now living back at her farm with her family. I am good friends with the owner of the bar and his wife, they would tell me if she was back in town or in contact with another man.

I really feel that she does want to be with me and she genuinely does love me. I am currently off work due to an injury and she even offered to send me money. She has money saved and is building her new house so I don't think money is really her motive but I could be wrong.

I know if I leave her I will never find another girl like her, but I don’t want to be with her and thinking about the past also.

Should I stay with her? Will the pain of the past eventually go away? I really need your advice, I know forums are not the best places to ask for advice but I really have no one to talk to about this.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok . who wants to kick this one off.

I don't have the energy, I'm afraid.

coffee1.gif

Me Neither...but to pick up on a couple of facts

" I was only with her for 10 days"

"so I sent her 20,000bht and she paid the bar 8000bht to release her from working there"

"Pattaya in January I found out that she was with another man during the time I had sent her the money"

In conclusion...Run Rabbit, run rabbit...run run run

• Like 1

Ok . who wants to kick this one off.

I don't have the energy, I'm afraid.

coffee1.gif

Me Neither...but to pick up on a couple of facts

" I was only with her for 10 days"

"so I sent her 20,000bht and she paid the bar 8000bht to release her from working there"

"Pattaya in January I found out that she was with another man during the time I had sent her the money"

In conclusion...Run Rabbit, run rabbit...run run run

You don't understand. This is both traditional and customary behaviour here.

You are never going to enjoy your time here if you don't give up your native ways and embrace Thai (Pattaya) culture and customs.

without going down the line of every one else,the first thing you need to ask yourself is..what possible future can you have with her,

will you move to thailand to live,you can't work here so need enough money to survive,

will you bring her back to your country,do you have enough money to support her there to qualify for visa,

if so,is she going to stay in your house all day bored shitless waiting for you to come back from work

how well do thai girls go in a strange country with limited thai food,no thai soapies and limited thai friends,

• Like 1

Not sure how much of a friend the bar owner really is?

8000 to leave the bar? this is BS touted to get farangs to open their wallet, 100's of girls leave their bars everyday, some move bars, go home, whatever. You can bet none of them are paying any money to leave.

indeed, that would be true were she to quit outright. If she wants to keep her job the rules are different

however, in most bars, the barfines tend to defray the expense of the salary the girl is paid monthly with the expectation that the bar owner will basically make back her salary in barfines and drink commissions, after which she begins to make money over and above her basic salry.

this is why most bars set a quota on bar fines per month, deducting from the salary if a girl fails to meet it.

this may differ if the girl does other service like cashier or serving.

Its great for the owners if a bar is successful like some of the bigger bars in nana etc -- it really keeps the overhead down. how else do you think they manage to keep 50 women on stage night after night? simple, the women pay their own salaries.

Not sure how much of a friend the bar owner really is?

8000 to leave the bar? this is BS touted to get farangs to open their wallet, 100's of girls leave their bars everyday, some move bars, go home, whatever. You can bet none of them are paying any money to leave.

Exactly. I thought slavery was abolished years ago.

She is now living back at her farm with her family. I am good friends with the owner of the bar and his wife, they would tell me if she was back in town or in contact with another man.

I really feel that she does want to be with me and she genuinely does love me. I am currently off work due to an injury and she even offered to send me money. She has money saved and is building her new house so I don't think money is really her motive but I could be wrong.

I will make an earnest attempt to curb my sarcasm.

If she's living on the farm it means she has other chumps sending her checks.

There is more than one bar in Pattaya, and there is the rest of Thailand as well.

You have to be a fool to take the word of pimps bar owners.

Ok, tell her you are out of work and broke. Tell her you need 20,000 baht or you will have to sleep out on the street come the first of March. Post back here telling what excuse she gave as to why she can't send you money.

Hey, you came to Thailand, had a fantasy fling. Vacation's over.

Ok, now back to normal attitude.

SIM card flushed down the toilet? Now that's a true testament of love!

That is seriously STUPID.

Is the OP a major troll or what?

On a side note, I can see how some guys could fool a bg into her thinking he "fell" for her and get freebies for the entire holiday. Haha! Done that before myself.

Write off the money to exxperience, forget here and move on. You are not the first one this happened to although the circumstances are are very similar. The bottom line is they are in Pattaya for a reason and its not to get a tan! They get used to the lifestyle, the extra cash that some of us stump up and next week it will be someone else.

I found a girl that was different too, until I opened her email account and found a lot other "me's" with letters asking for money for the "same problem as before." ( the password was 123456 ).

Your head must be telling you this not your heart, sort it out and get over it, move on, life is short, your wallet will soon be empty.

• Like 1

After my seven days of intense butterflying I finally realised that the girl on my first night was actually different to all the other girls I was with.....

It only took you seven days?

Oh, and how many times have you been to Thailand? Because 'butterfly' is a very Thai-bar word to use...

You are a Troll... Or just stupid...