An Outbreak Of Idiocy In Chiang Mai

CMHomeboy78

In other words someone who couldn't make the grade but the force is so short staffed and over stretched that they have no choice but to make use of pretend bobbys. Hobby nurses? Hobby doctors? Hobby paramedics? I don't think so. 😘

For the benefit of CaitlinHappyMeal, Special constables have been used for decades for duties such as traffic and parking control at events to free up personnel better employed elsewhere. A mate of mine was a sergeant in the specials for 25 years, he retired from that 10 years ago.

This topic although a spoof, addresses an important point.

Simply put, there are just too many farangs coming to Chiang Mai.

Immigration when it becomes massive tends to destroy the very things the immigrants came for in the first place.

It has been true in the US and Europe.

It will be true in Chiang Mai.

Wait and see.

Agreed. But what to do about it? Farangs are still flocking here like flies to a steaming heap.

This topic although a spoof, addresses an important point.

Simply put, there are just too many farangs coming to Chiang Mai.

Immigration when it becomes massive tends to destroy the very things the immigrants came for in the first place.

It has been true in the US and Europe.

It will be true in Chiang Mai.

Wait and see.

Agreed. But what to do about it? Farangs are still flocking here like flies to a steaming heap.

Not only farangs but the Japanese, Koreans, and now the Chinese are arriving in record numbers. In the case of the Japanese, not all of them are living in luxury condos and playing golf all day. Some are really down on their luck and are barely getting by. Sign of the times...

I've been here a very long time and am still high on Thai mak mak! Chiang Mai is a great place and once you speak the language and know where to go, you will never tire of it!

Keep us informed as to when you can speak the language then, as your making a piss poor job in most of your posts.

I'm sorry if you feel like I was competing with you by using Thai language. That was not the intention. I assumed that most of the long term expats on an expat's forum would be able to understand the local language. And for the the newbies perhaps they would be able to learn something. Like separating the wheat from the chaff in way where both wheat and chaff benefit. This, in my opinion, is much nicer than simply asking 'how long have you been here?' in order to establish a pecking order.

Chok dee! jap.gif

I've been here a very long time and am still high on Thai mak mak! Chiang Mai is a great place and once you speak the language and know where to go, you will never tire of it!

Keep us informed as to when you can speak the language then, as your making a piss poor job in most of your posts.

I'm sorry if you feel like I was competing with you by using Thai language. That was not the intention. I assumed that most of the long term expats on an expat's forum would be able to understand the local language. And for the the newbies perhaps they would be able to learn something. Like separating the wheat from the chaff in way where both wheat and chaff benefit. This, in my opinion, is much nicer than simply asking 'how long have you been here?' in order to establish a pecking order.

Chok dee! jap.gif

A pecking order is for chickens.

You're doing a marvelous job with all the clucking and scratching and crowing, expatmakmak......

and considering youve only been a tv member for 4 months,your not very high in the pecking order either,lol.

Yes I've been around a lot long than four months!

I was too active on another message board to spend much time here thank you very much! In fact I used to be a moderator and a bloody good one.

I know how hard and stressful it is being a moderator, I was forced to walk from my last posting as a moderator. Not happy memories mak mak! annoyed.gif

So I want the moderators to know that I know just how difficult their jobs are. jap.gif