Cultural Centre & Prasart Museum - Near Ramkhamheang ?

healthcaretaker

Thailand Cultural Center is a stop on the Subway that lets you off right in front of the Center.

Yes, thats how I know that name but never been there, have you been there ? What's there to see and any other interesting places nearby ?

I live near there but have never been there. I really don't think there is anything to see there unless they have an event happening.

Are you looking for something to see or do with only limited time? If so, what are you into? If you are on the subway then consider yourself also on the Skytrain ... there are lots of things to see and do within easy walking distance from either of these services but Thailand Cultural Center I don't believe is one of them.

Edit: Learn something new everyday ...

The Bangkok Metro has a station called Thailand Cultural Centre. The name is misleading, because the actual venue is a 10-minute walk away rather than directly adjacent. Out of the station, turn right and again at the next major intersection. There are two roads to cross, one by footbridge the other by pedestrian crossing. Signing at the station is not good, but is at the first intersection. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thailand_Cultural_Centre

Edited by Nisa
  • Like 1

Thailand Cultural Center is a stop on the Subway that lets you off right in front of the Center.

Yes, thats how I know that name but never been there, have you been there ? What's there to see and any other interesting places nearby ?

I live near there but have never been there. I really don't think there is anything to see there unless they have an event happening.

Are you looking for something to see or do with only limited time? If so, what are you into? If you are on the subway then consider yourself also on the Skytrain ... there are lots of things to see and do within easy walking distance from either of these services but Thailand Cultural Center I don't believe is one of them.

I have visited most places along the BTS and looking for new places to visit and since I will stay at Ramkhamheang and read somewhere that they are close to each other.

The Siam Society on Asok, just past the Sukhumvit/Asok MRT entrance is worth going to. Somewhere near Ekkamai is a foundation museum dedicated to the life and times of Pridi Phanomyong, a progressive Thai politician during WW2 and the '50's.

Edited by dddave
  • Like 1

TCC-as above: this is just a theatre, aiming at Thai-related shows etc.

That museum: now even though I consider me a bit of old-BKK hand had never heard of. The map is useful: shows KrThp-Kritta rd-the main rd into Moo Ban Nak Kila-some 7-8 kms away from your apparently favored NASA. Closer to Hua Mahk ARL-but then still 3-4 kms away. Or course there are buses and red songhthaews too going along that road-even from Ram-but I think coming off RamIX=not bypassing NASA. 10 bt or less. It is a private museum-expect Thai only and a dusty collection of mildly interesting collectables that would easily also pass as a forgotten dusty junkshop or UK-Oxfam store of the old style.

As you state you have been to BKK more times-you must have noted that distance does not mean a thing-there may be a canal or a 12-lane highway in between. Also I do not quite understand your apparent unwilingness to use a taxi-on the meter they cost less as a Londonbusfare.

• Like 1

If you mean the Cultural Centre on Ratchada, get the canal boat from Klong Tan, come out of Nasa Vegas, turn left, heat towards the traffic lights at Klong Tan junction, turn right at the lights and head towards the bridge, the canal stop is there on your RH side.

Take the canal boat to Asok, should take about 15/20 minutes and cost about 12 baht.

Alight the boat at Asok at get the BTS to the cultural centre.

• Like 1