Visa'S Refused For Statistics

Looking through the news today and i saw this artical on immigration (see link).

It looks to me that a lot of visa's are being rejected just so the government can be seen to be doing something about the amount of people coming into the UK.

The government know people in the UK are fed up with immigrants and the like. It wouldn't suprise me if this government, when the next election comes around say," see we stopped X amount of people coming into the UK. We are better than Labour. bla bla bla."

I wish everyone luck on their visa applications; just don't be shocked when they make a rubbish excuse why your visa was rejected.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5gcNmbrmJPkC5xUHkMIu_bGWvU4ZA?docId=N0705291329990043408A

If anything, the article states that there was an increase in the number of long-term visas granted in the 12 months to June 2011 compared to the same period a year earlier (593,000 vs. 582,000), so I can't see how it supports the OP's contention that visas are being denied for statistical purposes. It also deals exclusively with long-term visas (immigrants) and not with temporary (visitor) visas.