Pao: Remarkable New Chinese Specialty Restaurant On Pattaya Klang

Jingthing

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish the place would just shut down for good and then a mod could close this silly too long thread!

Some of us enjoy getting a daily report as to whether it's opening again or not.

We dont all have a life, you know.

I guess the question need be asked, "Is there life without Pao?"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Will open on Sunday 3/2 (Today) 7pm.

Thankyou !

Welcome back. We missed you. Might you post your current hours and days of the week you will be open. I'd hate to venture down them and find you closed.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

• Like 1

Will open on Sunday 3/2 (Today) 7pm.

Thankyou !

Welcome back. We missed you. Might you post your current hours and days of the week you will be open. I'd hate to venture down them and find you closed.

Seconded. I'd like to try your food, but the times I've tried going to the restaurant you've been closed.

• 1 month later...

I turned up at the place again tonight knowing that it normally closes on Monday and I was gobsmacked that there was a sign saying it was closed between 26th of February to 7 March. This is beyond a joke.

I simply don't believe this place deserves my patronage anymore no matter how good the food is.

You can't run a restaurant business this way and hope to generate customer loyalty

Edited by Asiantravel

Thank you for letting us know that they will be reopening 8 February!

licklips.gifpartytime2.giflicklips.gif

You don't want to eat there when they ARE open?

Your loss, mate.

I don't see why every non-essential business needs to follow bourgeois expectations about how often they are supposed to be open, how often they are supposed to be closed.

They're open when they're open.

When they're not open, nobody is starving.

Is this is a very eccentric way to operate a restaurant? Yes, it bloody well is, and so what? Very CHARMING I think.

So don't think of it as a restaurant. Think of it as a cultural experiment in people's boring hangups about opening times.

Yes, the food is good!

Otherwise, I wouldn't be discussing this amusing situation.

Edited by Jingthing

" You don't want to eat there when they ARE open? "

what do you mean ?

You just announced that they don't deserve your business because you are displeased that they are not open often enough. It is true they have been closed a lot. I find it irrational that if you like their food that you wouldn't want to eat there WHEN they are open just to punish them. I think you'd be punishing yourself (if you like their food).

" You don't want to eat there when they ARE open? "

what do you mean ?

You just announced that they don't deserve your business because you are displeased that they are not open often enough. It is true they have been closed a lot. I find it irrational that if you like their food that you wouldn't want to eat there WHEN they are open just to punish them. I think you'd be punishing yourself (if you like their food).
Yes because these people are never going to survive when they open so sporadically. I mean, why make the effort to travel to the restaurant not knowing whether it's going to be open or not . So the way I think is don't get hooked on it any more because it is not going to be there for long, even if it does reopen.

There are plenty more places to choose from

A least the guy should learn how to be polite: say hello and sorry won't kill him, even Thai can do it nowadays. I would feel like shxt to go eat there again!

That's why I disagree with Jingthing. There are plenty of restaurants that serve good food but to survive they need to rely on customer loyalty. But loyalty is a two way thing. In this case the they simply take their customers for granted and that's when I walk away
  • Like 1

It's interesting that a few people that basically don't even eat at PAO seem so dedicated to (in my view unfairly) DISS the place and the hard working owners (when they're there). For others, please ignore the obviously biased bile and I suggest you try the place yourself if you love Chinese food ... and form your OWN opinion. Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

It's interesting that a few people that basically don't even eat at PAO seem so dedicated to (in my view unfairly) DISS the place and the hard working owners (when they're there). For others, please ignore the obviously biased bile and I suggest you try the place yourself if you love Chinese food ... and form your OWN opinion. Cheers.

So you're saying essentially that you don't mind if you waste your time travelling somewhere and then find the place is closed, not once but repeatedly?
  • Like 1

So you're saying essentially that you don't mind if you waste your time travelling somewhere and then find the place is closed, not once but repeatedly?

I think that is a different issue than whether the food is good, the price is fair, and whether the same type and quality of their food is sold elsewhere in town. You've whined about this how many times? I think the message has been transmitted. People who love their food enough have found a way to cope with the opening times and find ways to find out when they are going to be open or not. There are plenty of other places to eat in the area so I hope it wasn't too much of a hardship. Nobody is making you eat there or making you try to eat there; if the opening time thing is too much bother for you, that's your choice, but is it really necessary to trash this place for everyone else, including people who haven't even tried it yet? I don't think that is fair, I think it is actually malicious.

Before you expressed concern on how the owners could make a profit being closed so often. May I ask, WHY do you care? Are you invested?

Edited by Jingthing

I think that is a different issue than whether the food is good, the price is fair, and whether the same type and quality of their food is sold elsewhere in town. You've whined about this how many times? I think the message has been transmitted. People who love their food enough have found a way to cope with the opening times and find ways to find out when they are going to be open or not. There are plenty of other places to eat in the area so I hope it wasn't too much of a hardship. Nobody is making you eat there or making you try to eat there; if the opening time thing is too much bother for you, that's your choice, but is it really necessary to trash this place for everyone else, including people who haven't even tried it yet? I don't think that is fair, I think it is actually malicious.

Before you expressed concern on how the owners could make a profit being closed so often. May I ask, WHY do you care? Are you invested?

I think they will need a lot more people than you with your " supportive " attitude in order to survive. He evencomplained to me before closing down for several months he needed more customers who would come like several times each month... huh !

You have to be joking!

And there is nothing malicious about warning people against wasting their time?

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 1

I think they will need a lot more people than you with your " supportive " attitude in order to survive. He evencomplained to me before closing down for several months he needed more customers who would come like several times each month... huh !

You have to be joking!

I think it's obvious that you have a PERSONAL bias against this place, the owners, or both. I don't think it is fair to launch a vendetta against any local business like this, much less a worthy one like PAO that many people enjoy very much. If it's not your cup of tea, fine, don't go there, of course comment about what you don't like, but this seems to be an agenda for you.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

You have to be joking!

I think it's obvious that you have a PERSONAL bias against this place, the owners, or both. I don't think it is fair to launch a vendetta against any local business like this, much less a worthy one like PAO than many people enjoy very much. If it's not your cup of tea, fine, don't go there, of course comment about what you don't like, but this seems to be an agenda for you.
Like I said before, I don’t respect any business establishment that feels it can just open when it suits them and then complain that they dont get enough customers. Obviously from your comments, your time is not valuable and you even seem to think it's a bit of a novelty to turn up at their door and find that it's closed more often than its open. I don't think many people think like you do
  • Like 2

Like I said before, I don’t respect any business establishment that feels it can just open when it suits them and then complain that they dont get enough customers. Obviously from your comments, your time is not valuable and you even seem to think it's a bit of a novelty to turn up at their door and find that it's closed more often than its open. I don't think many people think like you do

Message.

Received.

Again.rolleyes.gif

post-37101-0-79089500-1363017511_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Even if I don't mind to go there and see it closed once more (managed to eat there only twice since they "exist") I do not feel like to deal with animals who cannot say hello or sorry.

This guys sent 2 messages here and was not even able to say hello or sorry once. I know that in the jungle where he comes from it is acceptable but it seems that he still have a lot to learn from foreigners if he want business with them !

• Like 1

Don't you feel ridiculous to be so supportive ? Don't you see that you are the only one ?

Nobody has said that the food is not good, we just say that ESAAN street sellers treat us better !