Pao: Remarkable New Chinese Specialty Restaurant On Pattaya Klang

Jingthing

Two bowls of soup. Wow!

Good pics. The pan fried beef pie thingies, have a soupy broth INSIDE when you bite into them.

Yeah those pan fried beef dumplings are my favorite and I always get at least 1 order if not 2. Also, I can't go there without getting the slow cooked ribs. They are to die for!

licklips.gif So many good disheslicklips.gif ... so little timew00t.gif Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a million for all the information. Authentic Chinese is my favorite cuisine. Also, it's interesting that the owners are from Hong Kong, though they seem to focus on northern dishes. Perhaps their family roots are from the north.

Thanks a million for all the information. Authentic Chinese is my favorite cuisine. Also, it's interesting that the owners are from Hong Kong, though they seem to focus on northern dishes. Perhaps their family roots are from the north.

Looking at their entire menu, I really wouldn't characterize it is as Northern focused. For example, xialongbao. Edited by Jingthing

Hello,

I have seen this restaurant closed many days and not on Monday, is it definitive or they really don't mind making money or respect their customers ?

If there is a special date to go there please tell me :-)

EDIT: I just saw the message above, incredible, who are these people who can close for month after they have jjust opened ? Where does come their money.... ?

Edited by freegiftsideas

Hello,

I have seen this restaurant closed many days and not on Monday, is it definitive or they really don't mind making money or respect their customers ?

EDIT: I just saw the message above, incredible, who are these people who can close for month after they have jjust opened ? Where does come their money.... ?

It seems like they are doing this more for a hobby or work permit etc.. I agree that they have been closed for more days then they have been open so far and that is no way to build a customer base.

Y'all are looking at this the wrong way. If you like their food, take note of when they ARE open, and make sure to go there plenty of times when they ARE open. It's not as if there aren't thousands of places to buy meals in Pattaya, not to mention grocery stores. They are not causing you any hardship when they are closed. That's their business, not yours. Is there some kind of law that a non-essential business needs to be open all the time?

crazy.gif How can they afford it? I heard a rumor they are heirs to the Pez fortune and the dumpling thing is being developed as part of a conceptual art installation at MoMA.crazy.gif

post-37101-0-22303700-1339745708_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing

Hello,

It seems like they are doing this more for a hobby or work permit etc.. I agree that they have been closed for more days then they have been open so far and that is no way to build a customer base.

The biggest issue I have is that their food is so dam_n good. Living in Thailand I don't plan my meals. I crave something and then want to go there and eat it. It's a bummer that this place is closed so often as I now know what I am missing. I kinda wish I didn't...

• 4 weeks later...

I came across this thread about 1 weeks ago and have been eagerly waiting to see if they opened as promised on the 12th.

I went last night and can confirm that they were open.

The food was fresh and delicious, 6 assorted dishes and 4 cups of the chinese tea between 2 people came to 540 baht.

• Like 1

Walked by 30 minutes ago (it's pouring) and no signs of life (it's not a Monday, their advertised closed day). Went to Lenkee on the next block. Sat in the aircon room, had a delicious supper.

Try Pao again this week. I won't give up on one of my favorites....wai.gif

Can anyone confirm that their opening time is 6 pm?

I believe that to be their posted opening time. That's not saying they are actually open at 6 on the dot every day they are open. How about 6ish?

How about.. sometime after 6pm...

post-37101-0-67924500-1343339338.jpg

PAO "My Kitchen" Your Source of Chinese Food Total Happiness in Central Pattaya

Cool slogan, huh? (I just made it up.)

Actually its kind of silly but I must admit I like the use of intentionally bad English.

What is your idea for a great slogan for PAO?

Edited by Jingthing

I believe that to be their posted opening time. That's not saying they are actually open at 6 on the dot every day they are open. How about 6ish?

Artistes. Whatcha gonna do? coffee1.gif

Artistes. Whatcha gonna do? coffee1.gif

For one I'll make a point of not going there before 8pm.

post-37101-0-67924500-1343339338.jpg

PAO "My Kitchen" Your Source of Chinese Food Total Happiness in Central Pattaya

Cool slogan, huh? (I just made it up.)

Actually its kind of silly but I must admit I like the use of intentionally bad English.

What is your idea for a great slogan for PAO?

Stop by...maybe we will be open?

I thought they opened at 5PM. At least that was mentioned in an earlier thread.

O well.

So far, I've attempted to eat there about 8 times.

Succeeded twice.

I'll keep trying.

If you're talking about the times of their previous long closures, they've got a SIGN in the window showing those when those happen. They are open these days. I think its rather misleading to suggest its that hard to find them open assuming its not a time of a POSTED long closure or if people go for lunch because they simply don't open at all for lunch. Look there are tons of boring restaurants in town with Teutonic schedules. This place's schedule has some personality. Embrace it. (And read the sign.) Edited by Jingthing

I went in there this weekend and had a superb meal as always. I'm not sure how I made it this long without a visit. I suggested to duff that WOW might be a good place to get involved with but he mentioned that not all the dishes might be suitable for delivery.

In any case, I'll be dreaming of the ribs, soups, and meat pies until I make it in there again....

• Like 1

Second time im tryin to eat in this place. I came by around 9 pm each time and it was open but completely empty. I hate empty places so both times i passed.

Million posts on thaivisa equal zero people?

You might want to rethink that. Empty means your order goes in first!
  • Like 1

Second time im tryin to eat in this place. I came by around 9 pm each time and it was open but completely empty. I hate empty places so both times i passed.

Million posts on thaivisa equal zero people?

You might want to rethink that. Empty means your order goes in first!

that's absolutely correct. If the place was packed you'd be complaining how long it took to get your food. Only 2 employees and they take orders and cook all the food fresh. They also serve the food and collect the money.