What Are The Top 10 Things To Do In Pattaya?

daveb1

whenever we are in pattaya we always tend to go to the same restaurants, bars ans attractions so would like some ideas for other things to do or see. What are your top 10 things to do, see, restaurants to eat , shows local places of intrest etc........ :o

Hire a car or a taxi and go to Nong Nooch, 15 mins down the road.

Best collection of Palms in the world, plants, animals birds and a big scale model railway for big kids. All for 100 baht or something around there.

In the same area is Buddha Mountain, and the temples at Wat Yaan.

The Chinese Temple has the most amazing collection of Bronze statues you ever saw, again it's about 110 baht per pax.

Take some stale bread or buy there and feed the giant catfish in the lakes around the temples, thousands of them.

Wonderfull day out between the three places. Take a face towel and an umberella for the sun because it does get very hot..

Try new bars and places to eat. Indiana Jones "make it up as it goes along!" Lots of places.

Some other suggestions:

Sanctuary of Truth (Prasat Sut Ja-Tum)

Naklua Soi 12, Pattaya, Thailand

This structure (in progress) was the brainchild of an eccentric billionaire and is meant to illustrate the four major philosophical and artistic influences that can be seen in Thailand.

Suan Nong Nooch, about 15 kilometres from Pattaya, is a Thai-village-style recreation park. The area of over 200 ha is has beautifully landscaped gardens, an orchid nursery, mini-zoo and twice daily shows with cultural and traditional performances and an elephant show.

Pattaya Water Park, between Pattaya and Jomtien, is an enormous beach front water amusement park with water slides, whirlpools, swimming pools, and restaurants. You are assured of safe, clean water free of the hazards of jet skis, speed boats and speeding aquatic bananas! A perfect place for family fun.

Million Years Stone Park & Crocodile Farm, some 9 km from Pattaya, comprises breeding pens with more than 1,000 crocodiles, a zoo and a bonsai garden decorated with rock formations.

Pattaya Elephant Village, 5 km from Pattaya, demonstrate elephants' skills in hauling logs, re-enactment of war elephants in historic battles and parades, and the elephant roundups a hundred years and more ago. More light heartedly, the afternoon shows also include an elephant football match.

The Bira International Circuit, on Route 35 to Rayong, is named after Thailand's most famous racing driver. Prince Bira, and offers some international motor and motorcycle racing on its 2.4 kilometres circuit. You can also hire Formula 3 racing cars and go karts at the racing school on the circuit.

Bottle Museum, on the road which passes the town, shows replica of famous buildings of the world made entirely out of empty bottles as well as boats finely crafted in miniature in glass bottles by a Dutch craftsman.

The Marine Science Institute, on the campus of Burapha University in Bangsaen, is divided into three components: a Marine Aquarium, a Marine Science Museum and Marine Science Laboratories. The Aquarium has a large selection of fish and other marine animals which can be found in the waters around Thailand.

The Khao Hin Son Development Study Centre is in Chachoengsao province, north of Pattaya, and covers and area of some 300 ha of the slopes of a hill considered one of the most beautiful places in the province. The centre includes: crop cultivation experimental plots; fishery and livestock demonstrations; the Phra Bowon Shrine; King Phra Pin Klao Monument located in the botanical garden zone; fast growing tree garden zone; occupational training at the Special Folk Arts and Crafts Centres under Her Majesty the Queen's patronage.

Pattaya's most important temple is Wat Yansangwararam, some 12 km south of town and under the His Majesty the King's patronage. The modern temple covers an area of about 57 ha and incorporates buildings of different architectural styles: Japanese, Chinese, Indian and Western architecture as well as modern Thai architecture. The temple is a centre for meditation for short and long stay visitors.

Between the three larger and public beaches, the headlands include smaller coves and private beaches of individual resorts which can provide as much activity as you could wish or an assured peace and quiet. Most famous of these is the Royal Cliff Beach Resort, not simply luxurious but offering a great range of facilities and activities which make it amongst the best resort hotels in the Asia-Pacific region.

An alternative is to head out to sea. Ko Lan is 45 minutes offshore and the largest of Pattaya's 'Near Islands' group. There are a lot of seafood restaurants on the island's main beaches. Coral can be viewed from glass bottomed boats; there is windsurfing, water skiing and parasailing as well as some fairly basic, novice level snorkelling and scuba diving. A further 40 minutes out is Ko Phai and the 'Far Islands' group where visitors are not allowed to stay overnight but the fine deserted beaches are open during the day and the extra distance from the coast and freshwater run off makes the diving and snorkelling much better, the main destination of Pattaya's divers.

Have a great time.

:o

I was a little like the OP and tended to go to the same old places in Pattaya.

I've done all of the tourist places many moons ago and theres no need to do them again. Now Pattaya is just an R and R place for me and going to the same places and same hotel, the place can get a little jaded.

I decided to do the same things as ever in Pattaya i.e. eat and drink but started doing it all in different parts of Pattaya and it really freshend up the place for me.

My advice would be to just break your usual routine. Its that easy. Pattaya has so many bars, restaurants etc that it would probably take a year to go around them all anyway.

5. Diving

No particular order....

I would be really interested in diving, but I have no experience. Any info or website about diving in Pattaya?

Is it easy for a newbie?

Yes diving is easy for a newbie as long as you are a good swimmer and tread water. (swimming skills test)

Other than that you have 1 day in the pool, 1 day classroom and 2 days (4dives) out at sea to get your Padi license. Also need pass the written exam. The instructors show you everything you need to know, not hard if you take it seriously. If you want to just try it out without going for your Padi license then there is a discovery dive - keep you shallow and give you the basics to see if you like it.

http://www.aquanautsdive.com/

Ask for Gary/Roger - two top lads who will sort you out.

Edited by britmaveric

Sorry for the last post... :D

5. Diving

No particular order....

I would be really interested in diving, but I have no experience. Any info or website about diving in Pattaya?

Is it easy for a newbie?

Yes diving is easy for a newbie as long as you are a good swimmer and tread water. (swimming skills test)

http://www.aquanautsdive.com/

Ask for Gary/Roger - two top lads who will sort you out.

So, do i have any chance if i'm not a good swimmer? :o

Maybe i should stay in my bath :D

:D

I would recommend Royal Garden on Beach rd. 3rd floor has an entertaining place with Ripley's Believe it or Not, motion rides, and a nice walk-thru haunted house, & cinema which I love. I spent maybe 3-4 hours there. Will return too.

I can't name 10 best things.

My take:

1. Stay at Jomtien, play with the kid(s), enjoy family life

2. Pattaya water park 10am-6pm. Great place for the kids.

2. Visit Bangkok Pattaya Hospital for any check ups or prescriptions.

3. After the water park, Lotus/Tesco for drinks and buy my dinner

4. Practice golf at some driving range

5. Avoid the beach, only for a walk at low tide. Now that I have that back-mounted seat for the kid (on my back), we can all walk along the beach, for many kms

6. Check what properties are on sale and buy nothing

7. Drive by and inspect hotels/accommodation you haven't tried before

That's what's left after cutting off any night life. Pattaya can be a sort of a sea resort.

My take is - south Pattaya is what it is, Jomtien should be what the authorities want it to be.

The kew kiaw open zoo in Sriacha. 65 baht to get in. the largest zoo in Thailand.

Barry

Been there, a very nice place. With my inlaws 2 years ago.

May I say, close to be a world class venue and still improving and building up.

Now, the baby is still too small (18 months) to understand what can be seen.

Will be going there repeatedly when she is bigger.

Pattaya for the families!