One Thousand Red Villages Open In Isaan: Thailand

webfact

- sniper -

And

For all that has happened, the PM cannot deny his responsibility, either by negligence or intention.

What is even worse than laying the blame on the authorities is vilifying the people.

I have never thought that we would have a state which has the people killed and seriously injured,

and then accuses the people of the crimes. This is unacceptable.

Oh sorry, wrong guy.

But they didn't " have people killed" did they. They merely acted within the state's mandate to provide security for all of the citizenry. Juxtapose that against Thaksin's measures at "drug eradication". They DID have people killed. No charges filed, no due process, no explanation, no consequences. Crimes against humanity in other words.

It's no sin to be ignorant, but to be perpetually so maybe ought to be.

I wasn't aware that the "Drug War" had any connection to the quote I provided. This quote was posted as a juxtaposition to the misquotes posted before.

I would be interested in your interpretation of Abhisits true quote in relation to later events, but not, unfortunately, your insult - it does not help your debating "skills" but seems to be your fallback position.

you're right, the quote has nothing to do with the war on drugs. But considering it did happen, the level of hypocrisy is astounding don't you think?

Bizzare, Phiphidon quotes Abihisit and you guys respond "drug war".

???

(is this some kind of a knee-jerk reaction?)

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But they didn't " have people killed" did they. They merely acted within the state's mandate to provide security for all of the citizenry. Juxtapose that against Thaksin's measures at "drug eradication". They DID have people killed. No charges filed, no due process, no explanation, no consequences. Crimes against humanity in other words.

It's no sin to be ignorant, but to be perpetually so maybe ought to be.

I wasn't aware that the "Drug War" had any connection to the quote I provided. This quote was posted as a juxtaposition to the misquotes posted before.

I would be interested in your interpretation of Abhisits true quote in relation to later events, but not, unfortunately, your insult - it does not help your debating "skills" but seems to be your fallback position.

you're right, the quote has nothing to do with the war on drugs. But considering it did happen, the level of hypocrisy is astounding don't you think?

Bizzare, Phiphidon quotes Abihisit and you guys respond "drug war".

???

(is this some kind of a knee-jerk reaction?)

Actually the thread was about Thaksin quotes and phiphi responded with a non attributed quote, which he disengeniusly apologized for but which I responded to nonetheless. It's not my fault if he didn't like the response.

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Like 1

Baaa baaa red sheep have you any wool?

We sold our souls to Nattawoot,

A 3 baht fool

One for the master and one for the dame

An Android for the little boy who lives down the lane

This is actually not a joke. These villages are most security risk to Thailand than any other foreign countries.

These villages are training solders and manufacturing weapons, all the cost is from the existing government. present government earmark a lot of money for public project, but a lot goes to these places and getting themselves ready for anything that stand against them

“United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship” to these Red Shirt Villages mean anything but Democracy for Thailand. There must be something in the constitution that does not allow people to create military, other than the Military branch of the government

Where the hell are you getting your information from? "These villages are training soldiers and making weapons and are being funded by the government" ?

OMG man you need to kick back awhile and read what you just wrote. Do you live in a fantasy world or are you just not grown up much yet. Careful what you say man. OMG !!!!!

A 3 baht fool

This is actually not a joke. These villages are most security risk to Thailand than any other foreign countries.

These villages are training solders and manufacturing weapons, all the cost is from the existing government. present government earmark a lot of money for public project, but a lot goes to these places and getting themselves ready for anything that stand against them

“United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship” to these Red Shirt Villages mean anything but Democracy for Thailand. There must be something in the constitution that does not allow people to create military, other than the Military branch of the government

Where the hell are you getting your information from? "These villages are training soldiers and making weapons and are being funded by the government" ?

OMG man you need to kick back awhile and read what you just wrote. Do you live in a fantasy world or are you just not grown up much yet. Careful what you say man. OMG !!!!!

I was in a Red Shirt Village today and was talking to the lady that owned the little store. I asked what was up with all the hundreds of red flags and Thaksin's picture plastered everywhere. She went on about a 5 minute jag about the King and how everyone would be rich soon when Thaksin returns, by whatever means necessary. Just one interview, but I think it was telling.

Edited by lannarebirth

A 3 baht fool

Hilarious...........

Gone, your rebuke is very nicely polite.

A 3 baht fool

I was in a Red Shirt Village today and was talking to the lady that owned the little store. I asked what was up with all the hundreds of red flags and Thaksin's picture plastered everywhere. She went on about a 5 minute jag about the King and how everyone would be rich soon when Thaksin returns, by whatever means necessary. Just one interview, but I think it was telling.

Can you be more specific about the "king" you are referring to?

No I can't, or the enemies of the King would send me to jail for 7-20 years.

A 3 baht fool

Hilarious...........

Gone, your rebuke is very nicely polite.

I wonder where the recently intercepted haul of weapons were going to - M-79 grenades, RPGs, rifle ammo. Someone planning another "peaceful protest" perhaps? Deja vu all over again!

A 3 baht fool

Thanks for pointing that out.

People post personal antidotes on their experiences with / in red villages - some positive, some not. That is to be expected.

Others just post wild accusations without any information. Rumor-mongering.

Maybe givenall has information to support his post, and with a post that serious, it would have been a good idea to share it - or start with "IMO, ..." at the least.

I retold the happening around an argument from the height of the events in 2009, involving a real estate agent and her sms's to me declaring what she knew and how I got called a yellow shirt for asking for any form of proof. She told me to listen to the speeches that was done at the time and said that 'everyone knows' etc. It was vile disgusting things, things that you would never want to hear about anyone in your family. So I can understand that some people get upset hearing it about their nations father figure.

Some people like to pretend that there is no such propaganda being spread inside the Red Shirt network. But that isn't true.

Edit: I would really like to hope that these was isolated incidents, but the indication is that they are not. Hence the fear I have in supporting 112-campaigners, due to their hidden agenda.

Edited by TAWP

I retold the happening around an argument from the height of the events in 2009, involving a real estate agent and her sms's to me declaring what she knew and how I got called a yellow shirt for asking for any form of proof. She told me to listen to the speeches that was done at the time and said that 'everyone knows' etc. It was vile disgusting things, things that you would never want to hear about anyone in your family. So I can understand that some people get upset hearing it about their nations father figure.

Some people like to pretend that there is no such propaganda being spread inside the Red Shirt network. But that isn't true.

Edit: I would really like to hope that these was isolated incidents, but the indication is that they are not. Hence the fear I have in supporting 112-campaigners, due to their hidden agenda.

Excuse me, they are Red Villages set up by Thai red shirts, nothing to do with you, Tawp, so mind your own LIBERTARIAN business ;>

Excuse me, they are Red Villages set up by Thai red shirts, nothing to do with you, Tawp, so mind your own LIBERTARIAN business ;>

But I fear not everyone in those villages are Red Shirts...or would be in a position to change their [public] positions if they had a change of heart later.

• Like 1

Surely that's actually a reason to support changing the law? It's generally the case, isn't it, that when any reasonable public discussion is prevented, people tend to rely on rumours for information - and quite often these are wildly ridiculous rumours. I don't see how scrapping 112 would aid any 'hidden agenda', people would be free to investigate the facts for themselves, without fear of the law, and use their reason to decide what's truth or fiction. I believe the law is actually fuelling these fictions, and without such laws, propaganda from both sides would become flammable and a picture closer to reality could emerge. Wishful thinking perhaps, but I prefer to believe in people's ability to freely exercise free speech and their reason than the alternative...

In a way these rumours you allude to seem akin to conspiracy theories - people are (rightly) skeptical of the status quo, and seeing no outlet for their views in the media, turn to the conspiracy theorists and 'alternative media' which seems to be generally far further from reality than the so-called 'mainstream media' is. When people stop believing in the official narratives they often turn to equally simplistic and wrongheaded alternative narratives, rather than being willing to see things in their complex reality.

Surely that's actually a reason to support changing the law? It's generally the case, isn't it, that when any reasonable public discussion is prevented, people tend to rely on rumours for information - and quite often these are wildly ridiculous rumours

And that is one of the reasons I support a change, for example. As a first step; making sure no-one but the intended target have the right to file the charges.

But I would never go out in the street demanding it, at this time, because the demands are not altruistic or genuine. They are part of a larger campaign to change the social structure of the nation into something much worse.

• Like 1