Uk Immigration Interview Questions

Is it possible to find out what questions the poor nervous new Thai wife is asked at the UK Immigration Interview in Bangkok?

We aren't trying to deceive anyone. I think I have all the evidence I need for her to qualify for the spouse's Settlement visa when we marry in a couple of months. But it would be nice to give her as much information as possible to boost her confidence.

Is it possible to find out what questions the poor nervous new Thai wife is asked at the UK Immigration Interview in Bangkok?

We aren't trying to deceive anyone. I think I have all the evidence I need for her to qualify for the spouse's Settlement visa when we marry in a couple of months. But it would be nice to give her as much information as possible to boost her confidence.

the usual stuff to investigate how much she knows you , but i think it depends on the interviewer and if she likes her face right from the start.

some seem to get a really hard time and some much easier , maybe they have their mind made up before the interview as regards the quota for that month.

good english is pretty helpfull , and it is said that backhanders take place when a marriage bureau is involved in the deal thereby guarenteeing success.

The BBC had a documentary about the interview some years ago .

you hear stories about the hubby going apesh1t in the embassy when his intended was turned down.

the entire thing appears to be quite capricious and without a bureau backhander taking place anything can happen.

despite you taking all the possible precautions.

The interviewers in BKK are pro's. BKK used to handle everything coming from Vietnam as well and so they are quite experienced.

Make sure you have all your i's dotted and t's crossed. Have actual letters with post marks.

In the US, my lawyer strongly advised I try to get a US Congressman or Senator involved. I did and was able to get a very influentual one involved ( house ways and means commitee head)

We had everything including joint paperwork for house rentals in Thailand, Vietnam, airplane tickets to two countries, photos from everywhere ( the US does NOT accept print outs from the computer) Copies of phone bills are important and in the US it's imperative that you can show tax returns proving she will not become a ward of the state and that you can support her ( that goes back at least 3 years) ( and this will go on for the next 5 years) I had that including documentation about my businesses and real estate.

And STILL I had to get into legal combat with the pricks at the consulate ( Saigon). I won though ( and we won) and we were on an airplane the next day.

Good luck

Mr Vietnam :o

They are just trying to establish that you have an existing long-term relationship. You can support her and she will not be a burden on the state. She is not trying to get to the UK and just leave you. If you are genuine you will be OK. You do hear horror stories about them asking when you first slept together etc. but I think that is all they are – stories. I had no problems.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I heard many awful stories about the interview at the embassy. After hearing these stories we dreaded going to the embassy. But when we eventually did go we found them to be both polite and professional. Just be honest in the interview and don’t listen to other people’s gossip.