Siam Ocean World At The Paragon

nephilim

don't know but please let us/me know if you have seen it.

Would like to know how it looks like

Hi all,

I'm really into going to Ocean World but don't want to for fears it is in the same state as  Siam Paragon - open, but barely finished. I forsee empty tanks.

Has anyone been, how is it? Worth seeing, or should I wait?

Thanks!

Neph.

high,Took my little 6yr old on saturday and she loved it. Didnt see any empty tanks and it felt/looked finished. Wouldn't have thought it would compare too favourably though with similar venues overseas, but not bad for here. Cost 450 for an adult and 280 for a kid - that WAS more like overseas though! In brief - good for little'uns but missable if you've got none to take...Later,W.

Edited by whooliggen

don't know but please let us/me know if you have seen it.

Would like to know how it looks like

Hi all,

I'm really into going to Ocean World but don't want to for fears it is in the same state as  Siam Paragon - open, but barely finished. I forsee empty tanks.

Thanks!

Neph.

1 big 7 ft shark

1 sea lion

Lots of people (Thai and foreign) who look like they can't afford the stuff in Paragon, walking around taking photos...and not buying.

But well worth a look (for the aqueeriam and also for the nice food court and dept store all of which are pretty much complete). rest of the place is a work in progress for the next 3-4 months; major brands won't get in cruz collections and jump straight to da Spring Summer in March is da plan.

But well worth a look (for the aqueeriam and also for the nice food court and dept store all of which are pretty much complete).  rest of the place is a work in progress for the next 3-4 months; major brands won't get in cruz collections and jump straight to da Spring Summer in March is da plan.

Well, um, yeah. Right. Erm. Thanks for that. Whatever it's about.

To those of you who answered, thanks. It sounds a little... dissapointing. Hmm.

To be expected, I guess.

My wife heard that the fish were dying and the water was cloudy. Anyone heard similar? We were planning on taking the kids this weekend.

let's get ready for all those "smart" and clever fun-loving comments! :o

Flippin Aussies. If you want something done properlee, don't let the Aussies run the fesh tanks :-) :D:D

At least, I think it is the Australian operator.... otherwise, the comment is somewhat less amusing....

• 7 months later...

I was in there yesterday.

The place is real well done (but I do have to wonder about the dead cow and Chevrolet Fish Tank?)

I was suprised how noisy it was in there.

The last Aquarium I visited was peacefull, with soft new age type music and underwater sounds piped in. Dreamy sounds , nice.

Ocean World in Bangkok has guides with microphones and in typical fashion, they yell into them.

And the groups of school kids were as loud as a schoolyard.

Even the fish can hear this. It can't be good for me or the wildlife.

And of course the same people that try to jam into a Skytrain carriage before people disembark are in there too, blocking the tanks, taking videos, etc.

Hi all,

I'm really into going to Ocean World but don't want to for fears it is in the same state as Siam Paragon - open, but barely finished. I forsee empty tanks.

Thanks!

Neph.

Went their twice, once with kids (on a weekend, big mistake), and then once on a weekday to shoot about 45 minutes of video (I had forgot the video recorder on the first go round). Nice show, well arranged. They have a lot of sharks now and you can get good pictures and video of them. A couple of cautions--don't go on the weekend, and skip the boat ride, that is a waste of time (if there is a queue) and money.

Probably expensive for the locals. But it was crowded on weekends with Thais and Japanese as well as farangs.