How To Ask 'What'S Your Major?'

edwardandtubs

The only problem I see with this, is when they tell you in Thai what their “wicha” is or was, you won’t be much further along.smile.png

That's the easy part. IT is IT. Anything that begins วิศวกรรม is engineering, anything that begins ภาษา is languages and the individual languages are easy to learn anyway, ธุรกิจ is business. That must be at least half the undergraduates in Thailand. You could learn the rest just by visiting a university website. Or did I misunderstand your meaning of "much further along"? giggle.giflicklips.gif

And many thanks to Peppy.

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Like 1

One of the big flaws in the available Thai language learning material is that it's either functional (like 'can you please kindly give me directions to the nearest post office') or grammatical (like 'that woman is not my younger sibling, but my elder brother's teacher's daughter'), whereas what I most want to learn is simple conversational expressions that I can use to chat with people. I need lots of example sentences on topics like work, study, holidays and hobbies. The kind of things that Thai people actually say to each other when they're chatting. Maybe I'll start a new thread on conversational questions.

Edited by edwardandtubs