I Pad Winkers

travelmann

I dont know about anyone else, I find the Thai mania for mobile phones is bad enough but with the advent of the "sighpad" I get a bit tired of the "look at me's" wandering round aimlessly looking at drivel or playing games on the crappy things.

OK short rant finished, no Ive more, took an air asia flight tuther day and couldnt believe the amount of people still phoning texting as the plane started to taxi for takeoff WINKERS the lot of em !

Finished now?? I think??

Move with the times.....I remember not so long ago when people with mobile phones were labelled as wanke_rs or show-offs.

What do you mean?? they are arent they?

They're all winkers.

A Galaxy tab 7.7 does just fine but NOPE it must be a "sighpad"

I'm jealous too, but I just bottle it up.

Soon as the redecoration and the school fees are paid ...

SC

U aint jealous ur sadtongue.png

I'm both. As I posted on another thread, I am a deep and complex character....

I'll probably get a Samsung Galaxy of some sort... I'm not sure whether I want a big screen or pocketability. I suppose I need to check out the features again. I'd quite like something that could make toast as well...

SC

Edit: Anyway, a nod's as good as a wink to a blind horse

Edited by StreetCowboy

I have a blackberry.

I'd be just as happy with a standard telephone but it was a gift from a friend. Wouldn't mind an iPad though, it'd give me something to play with when I am at a loose end (visa runs, etc)

EDIT: followed my own advice

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

I have a blackberry.

I'd be just as happy with a standard telephone but it was a gift from a friend. Wouldn't mind an iPad though, it'd give me something to play with when I am at a loose end (visa runs, etc)

Sorry you have a Blackberry, the worse piece of junk ever made.

The smartphone generation has only exacerbated the phenomenon known as the zombie walk. It was difficult enough before smartphones to get anywhere walking due to the zombies occupying every square inch of walk way. Now that they have something else to draw their attention, it's nearly impossible. And no, I am not talking specifically about Thailand as it has become a global problem.

I have a blackberry.

Sorry you have a Blackberry, the worse piece of junk ever made.

To be honest, I'm inclined to agree.

I have a blackberry.

EDIT: followed my own advice

SC

How to play with an I pad an app I really approve ofclap2.gif

The smartphone generation has only exacerbated the phenomenon known as the zombie walk. It was difficult enough before smartphones to get anywhere walking due to the zombies occupying every square inch of walk way. Now that they have something else to draw their attention, it's nearly impossible. And no, I am not talking specifically about Thailand as it has become a global problem.

Its not iPads you need, its shoulder pads.

SC

I'm jealous too, but I just bottle it up.

Soon as the redecoration and the school fees are paid ...

SC

You don't have first grader in the family?

Should earn you a free tab by while paying those school fees,probably an Ipad since Yingluck said she want quality.

I'm both. As I posted on another thread, I am a deep and complex character....

I'll probably get a Samsung Galaxy of some sort... I'm not sure whether I want a big screen or pocketability.

You could buy yourself a pair of big trousers.

...Wouldn't mind an iPad though, it'd give me something to play with when I am at a loose end (visa runs, etc)

...I'll probably get a Samsung Galaxy of some sort... I'm not sure whether I want a big screen or pocketability.

? And presumably, cut holes in the pockets, so that I've got something to play with on visa runs?

Seems a bit off-topic, but helpful advice, nonetheless - unless you were assuming that the 'winking was a euphemism...

SC

...Wouldn't mind an iPad though, it'd give me something to play with when I am at a loose end (visa runs, etc)

...I'll probably get a Samsung Galaxy of some sort... I'm not sure whether I want a big screen or pocketability.

? And presumably, cut holes in the pockets, so that I've got something to play with on visa runs?

Seems a bit off-topic, but helpful advice, nonetheless - unless you were assuming that the 'winking was a euphemism...

SC

Big trousers - big pockets. What you do with them is up to you...

At OP - why are you looking at them? I have a playbook, I do work on it on the train, might play backgammon sometimes. If I look up from the screen its only to make sure i am not in the way so people can depart at the next station. Never would occur to me (and most other Pad users) that they want people to look at them because they have a piece of kit that has been out and available for quite a few years now. What they do with them is basically none of your business lol, and maybe if you stopped looking at them yearning for a go on it, you would not be so annoyed by them violin.gif

I always feel a bit sorry for those Galaxy Tab something people - either they got tricked into buying the copycat product that can do less but costs more, or they are of the paradoxical opinion that Apple is only for people concerned with their image, not realizing it is they who are apparently very concerned with their anti-apple image... as on paper the iPad is better. And cheaper.

That aside, iPad is def. perfect for flights / visa runs / any other time where there's time to waste.

The one non-iPad I find attractive is the Galaxy Note - I feel like it could be a good compromise... I am spending 95% of my iPhone time looking at the screen. And I have big pockets...

Anyone who says they hate iPads just can't afford one obviously.

They rule.

Sent from my MacBook Pro

I Agree

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

God gave man a penis and a brain, unfortunately, did not give sufficient blood supply to run both at the same time.

When I updated my unlocked iPhone to iOS5 here in Thailand, it locked. It took me days to figure out what was wrong. In the end the only way I could resolve it was to make an expensive hour long phone call to Apple in the UK, who told me to wait another 48 hours, then reinstall iOS5 again through iTunes. I did, and it worked. But in the time I was without a phone, I began to wonder how and why Apple thought they had the right to break my phone that I paid good money for and belonged to me. As it turned out, the phone was replaced just before I moved out to Thailand and they replaced it with a locked phone which didn't actually lock until I updated it, because they hadn't updated their systems or something.

This was the iPhone 4 and I was almost about to updated it to the 4s, but because of this very annoying and very frustrating mis-hap (nobody likes to be without a phone for days on end, especially when they've just moved to another country) for the first time in years I started looking around for iPhone alternatives, and ended up buying a Galaxy S2. Best move I've ever made. It's faster, more powerful, bigger screen, more customizable, all my favorite apps are there and I got the sense that it fully belonged to me and that I could do whatever I wanted with it, rather than have Apple still thinking they have some sort of claim over it, and telling me what I can and can't do with my own phone.

I liked the S2 so much, I even sold my Macbook Pro and bought a Samsung laptop instead. Again, more powerful, better components, just as nice looking, but for significantly less money. I'm not an Apple hater. They certainly have their fans. I was one for a long while. But there is definitely an image over substance thing going on with Apple. While Apple are whipping up the crowds outside their stores to get ready for launch day of their latest product, other firms like Samsung just quietly get on with it. Samsung sell far more phones than Apple, but somehow Samsung doesn't have to create this frenzied hysteria in order to. People buy them simply because they're good phones.

I'd take a Galaxy Note or Tablet over Apple anyday.

• Like 1

When I updated my unlocked iPhone to iOS5 here in Thailand, it locked. It took me days to figure out what was wrong. In the end the only way I could resolve it was to make an expensive hour long phone call to Apple in the UK, who told me to wait another 48 hours, then reinstall iOS5 again through iTunes. I did, and it worked. But in the time I was without a phone, I began to wonder how and why Apple thought they had the right to break my phone that I paid good money for and belonged to me. As it turned out, the phone was replaced just before I moved out to Thailand and they replaced it with a locked phone which didn't actually lock until I updated it, because they hadn't updated their systems or something.

This was the iPhone 4 and I was almost about to updated it to the 4s, but because of this very annoying and very frustrating mis-hap (nobody likes to be without a phone for days on end, especially when they've just moved to another country) for the first time in years I started looking around for iPhone alternatives, and ended up buying a Galaxy S2. Best move I've ever made. It's faster, more powerful, bigger screen, more customizable, all my favorite apps are there and I got the sense that it fully belonged to me and that I could do whatever I wanted with it, rather than have Apple still thinking they have some sort of claim over it, and telling me what I can and can't do with my own phone.

I liked the S2 so much, I even sold my Macbook Pro and bought a Samsung laptop instead. Again, more powerful, better components, just as nice looking, but for significantly less money. I'm not an Apple hater. They certainly have their fans. I was one for a long while. But there is definitely an image over substance thing going on with Apple. While Apple are whipping up the crowds outside their stores to get ready for launch day of their latest product, other firms like Samsung just quietly get on with it. Samsung sell far more phones than Apple, but somehow Samsung doesn't have to create this frenzied hysteria in order to. People buy them simply because they're good phones.

I'd take a Galaxy Note or Tablet over Apple anyday.

I bought my daughter an iPad because she'll benefit from having the same as all her trendy mates (except with less memory and an older model...). For myself, I'll probably buy a Galaxy, because I don't mind doing things the hard way, and I don't want to be a serf to Steve Jobs, dead or not.

SC