Red Shirts Stage Anti-Coup Rally In Khao Yai

Lite Beer

Nisa, #237

Again we are at the same crossroads. It was a concert (free)

There was some singing as there is at all these events. The previous time at bonanza in Khoa Yai, it was in fact a concert.

This time it was a political gathering for purposes stated before.

I was there, you weren't.

End of story

Are you for real? It was advertised as a concert, was a concert and was reported as a concert. In fact, it was advertised as a free concert. There wasn't just singing, there were professional bands providing performances with speakers in between. No different than other political, fund raising or benefit type concerts from The Concert for Bangladesh to Live Aid.

How in the world can anybody take you serious when you are being so disingenuous?

Now ... End of story wink.png

Wrong about all of that, and misleading.

I not only attended, but also was informed weeks in advance of this gatherings planning and purposes.

It had everything to do with Political objectives, and nothing to do with concerts.

Trying to re-focus this as being merely a concert, is a put-down of this political gathering and its' people. Trying to deprive them, again, of political awareness and space. Why the Opposition persists in this contemptuousness is beyond me. It doesn't get them anywhere, other than on the political sidelines.

A foreigner attending political rallies and trying to involve himself in the internal politics of a highly nationalistic Asian country - you will never be accepted as one of them and it`s extremely naive of you if you believe otherwise. It WILL end badly for you I fear, if you publicly involve yourself, and I say this with concern for your wellbeing.

• Like 1

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nisa, #237

There was some singing as there is at all these events. The previous time at bonanza in Khoa Yai, it was in fact a concert.

End of story

Are you for real? It was advertised as a concert, was a concert and was reported as a concert. In fact, it was advertised as a free concert. There wasn't just singing, there were professional bands providing performances with speakers in between. No different than other political, fund raising or benefit type concerts from The Concert for Bangladesh to Live Aid.

How in the world can anybody take you serious when you are being so disingenuous?

I not only attended, but also was informed weeks in advance of this gatherings planning and purposes.

It had everything to do with Political objectives, and nothing to do with concerts.

Trying to re-focus this as being merely a concert, is a put-down of this political gathering and its' people. Trying to deprive them, again, of political awareness and space. Why the Opposition persists in this contemptuousness is beyond me. It doesn't get them anywhere, other than on the political sidelines.

You will reap the consequences attending such a place and not even being a Thai national. Moral to the story: don't follow your bar girl to cult rallies.

Nisa, #237

End of story

You will reap the consequences attending such a place and not even being a Thai national. Moral to the story: don't follow your bar girl to cult rallies.

History tell us that these usually have either mental problems (Savage) or are destitute alcoholics (Purcell). Given his belief that this was purely a political event and not a free concert which some may have attended for entertainment (much like every person who voted PTP supports Thaksin), I lean towards the former.

Nisa, #237

End of story

A foreigner attending political rallies and trying to involve himself in the internal politics of a highly nationalistic Asian country - you will never be accepted as one of them and it`s extremely naive of you if you believe otherwise. It WILL end badly for you I fear, if you publicly involve yourself, and I say this with concern for your wellbeing.

Some of what you say is correct, is uppermost in my mind, and none of it applies to me.

I was peripherally and extremely minimally involved, but enough to know the agenda-speak going on here, in attempting to mislead those who have never been near an event of this nature.

The 'big lie' is trying to characterize this thing as a concert. The agenda that provokes such misleading mantra is to deprive these people of their political space, contending they are too un-political to warrant a political context.

This out-of-touch arrogance is on daily display, when one sees these people in Government, and those who espouse such idiocy on the political sidelines.

Nothing more clearly demonstrates who is actually out-of-touch.

Some of what you say is correct, is uppermost in my mind, and none of it applies to me.

I was peripherally and extremely minimally involved, but enough to know the agenda-speak going on here, in attempting to mislead those who have never been near an event of this nature.

The 'big lie' is trying to characterize this thing as a concert. The agenda that provokes such misleading mantra is to deprive these people of their political space, contending they are too un-political to warrant a political context.

This out-of-touch arrogance is on daily display, when one sees these people in Government, and those who espouse such idiocy on the political sidelines.

Nothing more clearly demonstrates who is actually out-of-touch.

So, to summarize your last hundred posts ... It wasn't a concert.

Why would the red shirts have a political rally? They are not a political party, the majority are a rent a mob. They were encouraged to attend the free concert so they could hear the lattest dribble from their convicted criminal paymaster who is a fugitive from justice. Anyway did you enjoy the free concert?

Edited by waza
  • Like 2