Taxes On Companies In Thailand

ooanndehnarak

Company...of course I care too about the personal and property as I may work and buy here soon but right now I would like to know what my company taxes will be. If you know and can tell me, THANKS so much! but can you also tell me where I can verify...accountants in the states want this from me...AGAIN, thanks!

Can you also please help clarify another matter regarding potential tax compliance.

That is, we purchase electronic accessories from China which we market and sell via our UK website online store. We air freight the accessories from Shanghai to Phuket in bulk and then individually pack each customers order in a postal satchel here in Phuket and then deliver all satchels together to Fedex for delivery of each satchel to the individual customers in the UK.

Since we buy our products from China and sell to customers in the UK, but pack here because we live in Phuket, are we required to pay tax in Thailand? We own a company registered in Hong Kong but no Thai company.

Thanks for that. Terrific information and all in English from Thai Tax Dept.

True, in English, from the Revenue Department itself...but apparently incorrect, as I found this today:

http://www.thephuket...x-explained.php

I thought all companies would be paying 23% starting this year but if the info in this link is correct then my company falls in the first category which to me looks much better than in the past.

Can you also please help clarify another matter regarding potential tax compliance.

That is, we purchase electronic accessories from China which we market and sell via our UK website online store. We air freight the accessories from Shanghai to Phuket in bulk and then individually pack each customers order in a postal satchel here in Phuket and then deliver all satchels together to Fedex for delivery of each satchel to the individual customers in the UK.

Since we buy our products from China and sell to customers in the UK, but pack here because we live in Phuket, are we required to pay tax in Thailand? We own a company registered in Hong Kong but no Thai company.

You're required to have a company here.

You're required to have a company here.

Not necesarrily from what I understand. But your scenerio presents a potential load of complicated tax issues. Suggest you get them from someone who knows and not here on this forum..note they all think reference to their own forum's business or legal advisors threads or the Thai goverment offices is correct...but often is not, as I know from many years here doing business and as for example that article I posted and this thread of TV posters shows again.

Not necesarrily from what I understand. But your scenerio presents a potential load of complicated tax issues. Suggest you get them from someone who knows and not here on this forum..note they all think reference to their own forum's business or legal advisors threads or the Thai goverment offices is correct...but often is not, as I know from many years here doing business and as for example that article I posted and this thread of TV posters shows again.

Of course they are.

Of course they are.

Are you sure? Of course, I guess you must be correct regarding your legal knowledge because you have posted more than 1000 times on TV and you have been doing so since 2008...not to mention you are active in real estate, etc here. Which of course would leave me corrected...if you were correct, but, typically you are not. For example, it is quite possible, legally and does actually happen that non-Thai companies operate here in Thailand by obtaining a "foreign business license"...for example, for starters.