PM Yingluck's Secretary General Bantoon 'Resigns'

webfact

Why are the media even bothering to report that Thaksin and his ex wife were dissatisfied with the guys performance. This is turning into a joke. Imagine in the UK if they said Camerons PS has resigned as Cameron was dissatisfied with the performance and so to was tony Blair and Cheryl Blair? Not only is Thaksin a fugative criminal, his wife is divorced from him and is nothing to do with government.

I am astonished as to how obvious and open the Shinawatra's actions are, and how this country is letting them get away with the bid to take it over. Breathtaking arrogance and the press are feeding them and giving them oxygen.

Why are you surprised? Isn't it obvious to everyone by now who runs the show?

They are doing it because... THEY CAN,

and doing it to tweak the noses of their enemies.

They've already slid in his replacement, unofficially.

ie the government isn't paying him... someone else is of course.

They will now slid in a cypher who will listen to Vejajiva and not feel they've lost face.

And wait for his ban to expire.

A cardboard cut-out would be just as suitable..... until......

One of Bantoon's deputies is likely to take over till Prommin Lertsuridej returns from a five-year ban in May.

All the faithful little piggies come home in May.

• Like 1

It's possible that he felt that he could no longer justify his salary as somebody else was doing most of his work for "free" (reportedly).

Now that he is gone and no longer subjecting the PM to such a "heavy workload" she may be able to attend parliament, or more private meetings.

"Thitima Chaisang ......... expressed sympathy for his service in the post without much political experience." Not that it is unusual in this administration.

The only surprising thing here is that anything has been done before the inevitable reshuffle in May - he must really have p*ssed somebody off to get the boot now.

Your point about the lack of experience in the current administration is a valid one and it will be interesting to see what changes happen when the banned politicians return as they must be chomping at the bit to get back into the limelight.

Really not up that munch on the banned politicians.

But would some one be nice enough to tell me if one or more f them would be a plus for Thailand. Or are they all just Thaksins yes men?

It's possible that he felt that he could no longer justify his salary as somebody else was doing most of his work for "free" (reportedly).

Now that he is gone and no longer subjecting the PM to such a "heavy workload" she may be able to attend parliament, or more private meetings.

"Thitima Chaisang ......... expressed sympathy for his service in the post without much political experience." Not that it is unusual in this administration.

The only surprising thing here is that anything has been done before the inevitable reshuffle in May - he must really have p*ssed somebody off to get the boot now.

Your point about the lack of experience in the current administration is a valid one and it will be interesting to see what changes happen when the banned politicians return as they must be chomping at the bit to get back into the limelight.

But would some one be nice enough to tell me if one or more f them would be a plus for Thailand. Or are they all just Thaksins yes men?

the latter

I guess the last time he saw Big T he didn't wai low enough to satisfy his lord and master. It would appear Bowing and scrapping has a lot to do with job qualification

And just to iterate, 'it would appear blowing in hotel' has a lot to do with top job qualification. ;)

-mel..

They will now slid in a cypher who will listen to Vejajiva and not feel they've lost face.

One of Bantoon's deputies is likely to take over till Prommin Lertsuridej returns from a five-year ban in May.

You're on form today! LMAO....

-mel.

Why are the media even bothering to report that Thaksin and his ex wife were dissatisfied with the guys performance. This is turning into a joke. Imagine in the UK if they said Camerons PS has resigned as Cameron was dissatisfied with the performance and so to was tony Blair and Cheryl Blair? Not only is Thaksin a fugative criminal, his wife is divorced from him and is nothing to do with government.

I am astonished as to how obvious and open the Shinawatra's actions are, and how this country is letting them get away with the bid to take it over. Breathtaking arrogance and the press are feeding them and giving them oxygen.

Why are you surprised? Isn't it obvious to everyone by now who runs the show?

It is obvious, but that sure don't take away the huge wreak we have to endure. ;)

-mel.

the latter

All? I am sure the likes of Newin wouldn't like to be classed as a Thaksin yes man.

Cabinet appoints Thawat Boonfueng as acting PM's sec-gen and moves current sec-gen Bantoon to PM's adviser /TANN

That should have been:

Pol Maj-Gen Thawat Boonfuang has been promoted from deputy to acting secretary-general of the prime minister.

In September 2011 K. Thawat was trusted with co-ordinating efforts among relevant agencies, after the Cabinet acknowledged an order from the Office of the Prime Minister assigning Cabinet members to take charge of flood-relief operations in specific provinces. I assume that was till begin of October when the 'Disaster Law' was called into effect and FROC started.

the latter

All? I am sure the likes of Newin wouldn't like to be classed as a Thaksin yes man.

Given the 2 choices, and recognising that he certainly wouldn't be a "plus for Thailand," I decided to include Newin in his former orientation.

POLITICS

PM denies Bantoon forced out; cites health concerns

Piyanart Srivalo

Photo : Vorawit Pumpuang

The Nation

30176934-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said yesterday that her secretary-general, Bantoon Supakvanit, resigned for health reasons, not political pressure.

"His workload was rather heavy. I sympathise with him," she said.

Bantoon would become her new adviser, she said after the weekly Cabinet meeting.

One of Bantoon's deputies, Thawat Boonfuang, will act as PM's secretary-general pending the appointment of Bantoon's replacement.

"I will make the selection myself," she said.

However, she would not wait for one of the banned politicians to complete his or her five-year ban to serve in the post, she said.

Pol Maj-General Thawat, the third-ranking deputy PM's secretary-general, was a classmate of Yingluck's brother, ex-premier Thaksin, at the Armed Forces Academies Preparatory School.

A source said Prommin Lertsuridej would likely become the new PM secretary-general when his five-year ban from politics ends in May.

The Cabinet approved Bantoon's transfer and Thawat's temporary appointment, said Anusorn Iamsa-ard, a deputy government spokesman who was also appointed by the Cabinet as the acting government spokesman.

He was proposed by outgoing acting government spokeswoman Thitima Chaisang, who is becoming a secretary to Deputy Prime Minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong, who is also the finance minister.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-29

POLITICS

PM denies Bantoon forced out; cites health concerns

Don't tell me ...... ear infection, if only that was applied across the board.

"I will make the selection myself," she said.

Bet she doesn't.

"I don't know, I was really drunk at the time..." (Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon)

You're on form today! LMAO....

-mel.

Home again,

Home again,

Jiggidy jig.

Edited by animatic

Sorry, "chomping at the bit to get back into the limelight"? I would have said more like "chomping at the bit to get their noses back into the trough"!wink.png

PM refuses to clarify resignation of Bantoon Supakvanich from PM's secretary-general post; he cited health problems /TANN

Epidemic of middle ear infection

A PTP party affliction?

What they need is a hearing aid, one that encompasses the entire head that enables them to listen to what others are saying but prevents their jaws from moving.

Chalerm needs the full body model.