Swedish Rally Legend Anders Kulläng Drowns In Thailand

webfact

34...in 2 months?

**Edit: Yes, it is: http://www.scandasia...e&news_id=10240

For a nation the population-size of New York, this is a lot...

Love the bit at the bottom of your link. Could it have been a murder?

Nine of the 33 Swedes who have lost their live died in accidents such as traffic accidents or drowning. The majority are still dying a so called “natural death”.

Murder Hunt launched After Thai Police Ruled That Beaten Brit Drowned

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/view-story.php?sid=406

Paton-Smith a former gunner in the Royal Artillery said: “I have spoken to his girlfriend and she continues to insist he committed suicide. He did not unless he beat himself to death. He would have had to dig a hole to drown himself."

I feel unsafe every time I have to cross the street and there are people driving the wrong direction into oncoming traffic. I have a family and am married to a Thai woman. I don't do anything dangerous; I avoid everything from Thai amusement parks (as there always seems to have been a recent death) to the beautiful but dangerous beaches (no one is ever warned of currents or jellyfish, the latter of which left me with quite a scar). I have seen quite bloody motorcycle accidents, so I rarely use those. I have a friend whose six year old was killed by a vehicle while walking on the sidewalk here (I suppose it must have been a motorcycle, though I have seen cars driving on the sidewalks around Ratchatewi). I was also sprayed with blood when a man was hit by a truck in front of The Dubliner in Phrom Phong. I lived here for years and told my family, when they visited me, that no one ever hits the dogs. Two days after they arrived, my father watched a sangthaew run over a dogs head. I also feel unsafe when the Thai Transportation Minister explains casually that Thais are different from other people and therefore are capable of texting-while-driving. If you have any additional need of anecdotal evidence, read the Pattaya Daily News or Phuket's equivalent. There are usually a few suicides a week. Perhaps everyone comes to Thailand to commit suicide though, so I might be wrong on the last point. If you think it's safe in Thailand and you've never experienced any risk or sense of it, while in the Kingdom, congratulations. But perhaps you haven't been paying much attention.

Ever thought about locking yourself indoors and cutting yourself off from the daily news? If I had as many fears as you I would be on the next plane out of here !

34...in 2 months?

For a nation the population-size of New York, this is a lot...

I think 34 drownings this year in Thailand would have to be an error I hope. If not - the Swedes needs some education regarding the dangers of water/swimming.

He should have stuck to what he knew best, I guess he was out of his element

What a sensitive caring person you are - NOT

Do you advise people not to go to the beach? Should peeps consult their insurance policies before having a paddle in the polluted waters of Pattaya and Jomtien?

I wonder how many Swedes will die during the Songkran chaos? When that is in full flow I wonder if anybody could drown while still on terra firma.

BTW you are aware are you not, that long ago and apparently forgotten by you, that human kind emerged from the sea? Do scuba divers consider themselves out of their element? There was a craze at one time, in the US I believe, that trendy ladies gave birth under water.