2 Foreigners Nabbed In Joint Thai-US Police Drug Raid In Bangkok

webfact

2 Africans Nabbed in Ladprao Drug Raid

BANGKOK: -- Thai police and US anti-drug officials raided a suspected hideout of foreign drug dealers at an apartment in the Ladprao area and seized five kilograms of marijuana sticks along with some ice pills. Two suspects were arrested, one of whom broke his leg while fleeing.

Some 50 narcotics suppression and immigration police, along with US Drug Enforcement Administration officials, raided an apartment located at Soi Ladprao 132 in Bangkapi District after a tip-off that a number of African men suspected of drug-dealing were hiding there.

The police searched all ten rooms that were rented by the suspected drug dealers and found traces of illicit drugs, five kilograms of marijuana sticks and some crystal meth in a small plastic bag left in a toilet bowl.

Two suspects were arrested, namely 28-year-old Guinean national Lawuvic Uwadiegwu and 32-year-old Nigerian Chukwudi Onwuka.

Uwadiegwu broke his leg after jumping from his room to escape the police and is currently in hospital.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-02-29

footer_n.gif

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

African suspects nabbed in drug crackdown

image_20120229154323C84731DC-ED2D-690F-99396BC38CC4A09A.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 29 – African drug suspects were arrested Wednesday with marijuana and crystal methamphetamine, also known as ‘ice,’ at an apartment in Bangkok’s Bang Kapi district in a joint Thai-US drug suppression operation.

Eighty Thai Narcotics Suppression Bureau and Immigration Police Bureau officers and US Drug Enforcement Administration agents on Wednesday morning raided 12 targeted rooms at an apartment building in Bang Kapi. The police raid followed being tipped off that the apartment was being used to store illicit drugs and was a hideout for drug users.

image_20120229154332C847568F-9E10-B929-4E17332FDF754F25.jpg

While inspecting the rooms, the officials found five kilogrammes of marijuana hidden in Room 305 and that Lawic Uwadiegwu, a Guinean national, tried to escape arrest by jumping from a balcony.

Mr Uwadiegwu broke his leg, however, and was detained by police.

According to the initial investigation, the suspected drug dealer’s girlfriend said that Mr Uwadiegwu smuggled marijuana to sell to tourists and customers living in the apartment and nearby areas. His girlfriend was treated as a witness for the case.

image_20120229154337C847683C-EA13-F8B8-F8055FDB6A6F51C9.jpg

In a related development, the police apprehended another African man in Room 508 of the same complex while he was attempting to flush crystal meth down a toilet.

Apart from the drug-related arrests, the police found some 10 Africans with expired tourist visas, while some had no passports. All were detained and sent to the Immigration Police Bureau for further investigation. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-02-29

Some 50 narcotics suppression and immigration police, along with US Drug Enforcement Administration officials, raided an apartment located at Soi Ladprao 132 in Bangkapi District after a tip-off that a number of African men suspected of drug-dealing were hiding there.

Possibly over the top but then did they just arrive at the wrong time? If it was 5kg of that filty drug "ice" then that would have been a good hit.

• Like 2

I'm very surprised they published this. If the DEA was involved they were surely looking for a bigger fish. For the record the DEA has been operating in Thailand since the 70's.

Why surprised ???.... offer up a few foreign nationals to satisfy the DEA.... same thing happened in China when I lived there.. big crackdown with foreign police on counterfeiting.. guess what the local big boys were not caught rather two Hungarian bootleggers selling afew CD's were nabbed and splashed all over the papers... of course the big fish are not nabbed here..... leave it to general interpretation as to why but let me just postulate that perhaps their was not allot of side revenue distribution associated with these African's activities so no real harm taking them down.

• Like 2

Well done Thai Police and DEA!!! 5kg of marijiana and some pills. Don't you have anything better to do?

I was thinking the same thing.

you've got to be shitting me. 50 + the DEA for 5 kilos of gonja. there goes at least $200k in the toilet.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Its more important to take down the network then the supplier..you will never be able to stop the supplier, whenever someone comes down someone will take their place.

When you take down a network you have to reconnect. You can rest assured that BIB has taken record of every single phone number that has gone in and out of their cell phones. This is only the beginning of the crackdown.

There will be a common phone number between all of those arrested and that will be the number of the supplier.

If youve been getting stuff from an african, dont only change your number - get an entirely different phone, your IMEI number is already recorded. The majority of bust are performed by utilizing cell records, tapping and triangulating location only after months of surveillance to gather further evidence to bust other people.

• Like 2

Well done Thai Police and DEA!!! 5kg of marijiana and some pills. Don't you have anything better to do?

I was thinking the same thing.

you've got to be shitting me. 50 + the DEA for 5 kilos of gonja. there goes at least $200k in the toilet.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Taxpayer money so I guess they could care less. Makes them feel big and important in a war that they will never, ever win.

• Like 2

Fifty guys to get 10 pounds of weed? That is a once a week Highway patrol bust on the I-5 corridor between California and Washington.state. As a US citizen I wonder how much it cost to get 20,000$ worth of drugs off the street of a foreign country helping arrest foreign nationals of another Nation? I am sure airfare is not cheap these guys are not getting a 30 baht a deal meal budget and I am also sure they are not staying in a 4000 baht a month room.

• Like 2

It was a lot more until the BIB got there.

• Like 1

wow, five whole kilos of marijuana!!!!

The DEA have outdone themselves this time, I wonder how much time and money was spent on this bust?

Why aren't they getting the ya bah that's coming in from Burma????

To hard methinks.

Easier gig hanging around Bankok.

Actually they really don't have to go far as sleepy, agricultural Fang, just North of Chiang Mai, is the meth distribution epicenter of Thailand.

Edited by NomadTad

a joint effort between thai cops and the mighty DEA and all they dig up is two west african drug suppliers with a few keys of pot and a personal amount of ice. incredible!!

if a joint effort bewteen these clowns along with TAT and the immigration goons could find me two west african tourists in the whole of thailand THEN i'd be really surprised.

Edited by GooEng

probably "dealing" in that matter

wow, five whole kilos of marijuana!!!!

The DEA have outdone themselves this time, I wonder how much time and money was spent on this bust?

Why aren't they getting the ya bah that's coming in from Burma????

To hard methinks.

Easier gig hanging around Bankok.

I would guess that the DEA's remit is to prevent stuff from getting into the US. Yaa Baa coming into Thailand from Burma wouldn't be of interest if that is the case. Perhaps in this case they were just showing cooperation with theThai police as a PR exercise or to silence critics back home who are asking why they had people here so long with no visible results. Who knows? .