Show Us Your Ride!

jbowman1993

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Porsche looks nice. I wouldn't mind driving that around but I'd be worried about getting a dent in it

A Thai friend of mine had a 924 and his father still has a 911. Both they say have big problems because of engine over heating. The 924 has been sold and the 911 is more or less permanently parked up. They both drive Toyotas as their everyday rides now.

:o

Nice car but why spend all that money on mods etc?

Why not just buy an M3 or M5, or AMG?

Here's my baby - unfortunately it doesn't have any modifications and is totally standard....what a shame.... :D

And stick it on a track and it'll piss on everything here. :D

Your having a laugh Dave. The skyline i owned pasted more than the odd M3 by considerable distance, as well as quite a few porsches and other wannabe fast boys.

The total cost of my car and mods was probably about £14k the cost of an M3 or Porsche boxster £40k plus, and about 2 seconds to 60 slower. I know which one i would rather have :o

Totally agree with ya Daley boy.

• 3 weeks later...
1987 520is

Over the New Year holiday, took a road trip Chiang Mai-Phayao-Petchabun-Chiang Mai. Beautiful roads, lots of hills; mountain bike on the rack; saw 1 overturned 10 wheeler (Phrae); handled 1 carsick 4 year old (Uttaradit); fended off 1 bicycle thief (Pitsanulok); entertained 1 inquisitive policeman (Phrae). Great trip, great car, great country.

Any other fans of old Bimmers out there?

The E28s are one of my all-time favorite Bimmers... you've got a beauty, I actually just saw it on CarDomain and remembered that I had seen it somewhere else before... here! Nice ride, I like the Hellas, definitely gives it some style (and functional style too)...

Did you put those Alpinas on yet? I've a set of Alpinas and they are just pure class as far as wheels go... Would like to see your pics with the Alpinas on CarDomain.

Edited by teej

Did you put those Alpinas on yet? I've a set of Alpinas and they are just pure class as far as wheels go... Would like to see your pics with the Alpinas on CarDomain.

Thanks--and thanks for the comment at CarDomain. I signed your e38 guestbook too.

I'm searching for lug covers (center dishes) for the wheels now. Do you know where I might pick up a set in BKK? I've been holding off on mounting the wheels until I get the centers, but my abstinence is weakening. If you are interested, there are two BMW clubs I know of in Thailand. BMW SOciety (www.bmwsociety.com) and BMW Car Club of Thailand (www.bmwccth.com).

post-1335-1146038946_thumb.jpg

thats my new e90 325i.

its a really nice ride, i've had it for a month now and i still love driving it. in-line 6, 218hp, 250 nm, its got more power than i can use in the city. but find a clear stretch of highway, put it in sport mode, and its a real blast. fuel economy sucks though.

:D A puzzle for you guys:

Which car is this?:

500 HP, 6 Litre, W12, SSUV (Super Sports Utility Vehicle), All wheel drive, Topspeed 300 km/hr, handbuild.

Aluminium-Spaceframe-Chassis, 4,95 Meter lenght, 2,00 Meter width, between 1,68 and 1,76 Meter high, 1.850 Kilogramm, which is relatively light.

Pricetag: Euro 250-300,000.00+

Main markets: USA, Middle East and China...

114 sold so far.

First deliveries 2007/2008.

Almost 100 years ago, in 1907 (!), her early sister-cars drove already the rally Peking-Paris (Beijing-Paris)... :o

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

thats my new e90 325i.

its a really nice ride, i've had it for a month now and i still love driving it. in-line 6, 218hp, 250 nm, its got more power than i can use in the city. but find a clear stretch of highway, put it in sport mode, and its a real blast. fuel economy sucks though.

Nice wheels Dude, how much did that cost in Thailand?

I like BMW's I used to have a 735i in the UK years ago, great car if nothing went wrong, BMW Tunbridge Wells used to charge 27 Pounds 50 Pence plus VAT per hour for labour, and that was back in 1987 - 88. Great Car but expensive to run.

I bought a new Mazda 323 for the wife in 2000. Nice car, but she lost it in a scam. In 2004 bought a new Toyota Sport Rider 4x4. Also a lovely ride but very different to the Mazda. The Mazda was about double the price of the same car at home and the Toyota about half price. Guess it all evens up eventually. Lost the Toyota to the now ex-wife in the divirce settlement. Bloody woman got two cars out of me.

post-23920-1146381875_thumb.jpg

One of myfavourite cars was my 1994 VN Holden Commodore. Lowered and in immaculate condition.

post-23920-1146382145_thumb.jpg

Best car I ever had was a Nissan 200SX 1997. Did 120,000km in three very enjoyable years. Very quick for a stock 2.0l engine, and looked so much better than a WRX.

Now have a Yamaha 110cc....figure it will cost me less when I lose it to the next Thai girl. :o

It's green.

I have a full time driver. Always use valet parking.

Chicks dig it.

Excellent!

anyone with family responsibilities and without a minivan should be castigated in the harshest terms...

that green bus is quite nice...do you gots a built in fridge?...

thats my new e90 325i.

Nice wheels Dude, how much did that cost in Thailand?

I like BMW's I used to have a 735i in the UK years ago, great car if nothing went wrong, BMW Tunbridge Wells used to charge 27 Pounds 50 Pence plus VAT per hour for labour, and that was back in 1987 - 88. Great Car but expensive to run.

Thanks Maigo6. It costs 3.3 mb here in Thailand, not very cheap, but resale value is okay and ultimately i figured i could live with the rate of depreciation. Price covers 24 hour roadside assist, 2yr/100,000 km warranty, and 5 years free servicing. Agree that parts are expensive though.

But the handling and precision of the car is just awesome, its incredibly balanced and corners like its stuck to the road. The performance leaves me grinning like an imbecile and thats when i forget what it costs.