How To Get New Work Permit When You Change Your Employer

Hi There,

I am Working in a Thai Company right now as Export Manager, I am planning to switch my Employer , I am Holding Non B Visa Valid till Sept 2012,

I already asked to my current employer to hold my Work Pemit for a while after completing my notice period, I have mnay questions in my mind which are keep disturbing to me, hope may I could get some concreate answers here, I would be really great full if someone can anwere me below questions ?

1. I would be able to get new Work Permit on Same Visa or not ?

2. Or I have to apply for new Visa, I am Indian so I have to go Back India for new Non B visa or I can apply here in Bangkok only ?

3. If I apply for new Non b Visa then I need WP3 form or copy of my old Work permit would be Fine ?

many thanks in advance

1. probably not. When you quit yur job, you must cancl your work permit the same day and if you are in Thailand on an extension of stay from immigration based on your work, you must also cancel your permission to stay and leave the same day. Immirgation can give you a period of 7 days to leave the country, for 1,900 baht.

If you find a new employer and get a work permt within those 7 days, you can go back to immirgation and get a new extension of stay based on your new employer.

2. if you are Indian you cna go to another country to apply for a visa there, but must meet the entry requirements for that country.

3. You would need a wp3 form. A copy of the old work permit will not do.

If you find your current employer willing to keep you in the WP-system for a few weeks until your new employer sorted the paperwork out you're doing good. Offer your current employer to pay the income tax over this period!!!

As soon as your new employer is ready to apply for a new WP, you cancel the old one. Immigration will cancel your stay, based on your old WP, and grant you a new permission of stay (probably 3 months) in order to arrange the new WP.

IF you need a new non-immigrant 'B' visa, it will be sufficient to obtain one in the neighboring countries. This will give you a single entry 3 month visa and is sufficient to arrange a WP and extensions.