Cheap Internet Phone In Bangkok?

HalfSquat

I'm after a phone I can use to go online with. I can't afford an iPhone so am looker for something a lot cheaper, what are my options?

3G would be nice I guess but might push the price up too much so perhaps just wifi is best?

Is a Blackberry practical for surfing the web/gmail etc? I see the cheapest Curve is about 6000 baht. Any good?

Thanks.

big C were selling the samsung galaxy mini for around 5000

it would probaby be one of the best phones in this price range

if its for internet usage ,consider uping the budget a little to get a bigger screen

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks MJo. Can you recommend any good spots for picking up second hand phones?

Is there a risk in buying them relating to people blocking them after they have sold them to claim on their insurance?

Is there a risk in buying them relating to people blocking them after they have sold them to claim on their insurance?

No. Unlike some countries, phones which are reported stolen are not blocked by IMEI here. There should be little risk other than that which is implicit in buying a used electronic device.

There are a gazillion mobile phone shops/counters here, everywhere, many of which sell used phones. The market is quite consistent, owing to published lists, with some variability for 'regionality' (urban v. rural).