Cherry'S Time Limit?

PolPat

I started a post awhile back about customer service in Pattaya going to the dogs and this is just yet another example of poor customer service in Pattaya.

I started eating at home buying from Big C Extra i got so sick of wait staff in Pattaya.

I am working in Singapore at the moment and the service is impeccable everywhere you go be it low end hawker stalls or classy restaurants..

I started a post awhile back about customer service in Pattaya going to the dogs and this is just yet another example of poor customer service in Pattaya.

I started eating at home buying from Big C Extra i got so sick of wait staff in Pattaya.

I am working in Singapore at the moment and the service is impeccable everywhere you go be it low end hawker stalls or classy restaurants..

You must have been desperate, getting fresh food from Big C

While the thread is the time limit it has to be put in the context of the place in general,there would be so many threads running on a specifics,rather than generilisation.

Is now more put up,...eat up,and get out. A shame really,was one of the few refinded eating places in the area,standards have dropped,but dare I mention Russianification,can see an enlarged notice of over indulging at the salad bar being charged extra,would never have been there in the past.

While a poster a couple of posts ago does mention service,I fully agree,service is now the pits in Pattaya.Following its big brother south of the border,cannot get staff young or old now,the turnover is amazing.

1) I would have probably asked to have a word with the Manager and tell him how you all felt.

2) It seems that after exactly 1 hour to be presented with your bill would have mean that the service was so good that it would have been from something out of "Star Trek" To be seated, place all of your orders, get your food and drinks, finish everything all within 1 hour?

3) I also agree with JT that just accepting the cheque, leaving it on the table until you were ready to leave and then flagging the waiter over to pay would have been best. If you were asked to leave during that time THEN I could see a problem however that didn't seem to be the case.

I also believe in customers being fair too (not in the OP's case) that at a decent establishment, after you have eaten, relaxed and let your food digest while talking, having some drinks etc. then giving up your table is good etiquette but within reason. If people are hanging out just to drink cocaine and snort whisky etc. then that would be rude.

2) It seems that after exactly 1 hour to be presented with your bill would have mean that the service was so good that it would have been from something out of "Star Trek" To be seated, place all of your orders, get your food and drinks, finish everything all within 1 hour?

It was for the buffet, the only thing the server had to do was bring drinks.

If people are hanging out just to drink cocaine and snort whisky etc. then that would be rude.

<deleted>?

Here is the reply I just received from Cherry about their time limit policy.

Thank you very much for your inquiry to our restaurant We would like to infromed you. We never had any policy limiting the time. some body misunderstanding because on buffet nigth [ WED., SAT.] We are very busy all tables are reserved. That man he came at about 19:00 he didn't booking We ask him before he sitting he have time for eat until 20:00 because that table was reserved for another customer at 20:00 and he ageed. After he eat for 1 hour maybe he forgot. We need all customer. All customer welcome. We sorry for any inconvenience and any rude misunderstanding. If you want to visit our restaurant on wednesday and saturday please make booking table avoid any understanding

Thank you very much

Cherry restaurant

• Like 1

Here is the reply I just received from Cherry about their time limit policy.

Thank you very much for your inquiry to our restaurant We would like to infromed you. We never had any policy limiting the time. some body misunderstanding because on buffet nigth [ WED., SAT.] We are very busy all tables are reserved. That man he came at about 19:00 he didn't booking We ask him before he sitting he have time for eat until 20:00 because that table was reserved for another customer at 20:00 and he ageed. After he eat for 1 hour maybe he forgot. We need all customer. All customer welcome. We sorry for any inconvenience and any rude misunderstanding. If you want to visit our restaurant on wednesday and saturday please make booking table avoid any understanding

Thank you very much

Cherry restaurant

and now the penny drops!

Honestly the response they gave does not line up with the comments I'm hearing here. Didn't the OP even say he had a reservation?

Sounds like that's what he said:

Of course, who knows what the staff told the management about their recollection of this story. The management in any case would have been smarter, PR wise, to avoid dissing their customers, whatever the actual truth is.

Why even bother talking with them? I only complain at places that have a Farang manager. I only get further enraged by the crazed logic and lack of truth telling that occurs in 99% of the cases that you complain.

• Like 1

I only emailed them as I have never been there and after reading on this thread that several ppl were harassed to leave after 1 hour I wanted to know if they had a policy on this as to avoid a rude misunderstanding if I do decide to visit them.

I have to say that after corresponding with them I am not that anxious to spend my money there. I thank the OP for bringing this all to light.

We regularly enjoy the buffet at Cherrys and we've never had anything but courteous and polite service there. Never been asked to leave or offered the bill before asking for it. Their buffet is great value and very popular and they are obviously very busy.

• Like 1

We regularly enjoy the buffet at Cherrys and we've never had anything but courteous and polite service there. Never been asked to leave or offered the bill before asking for it. Their buffet is great value and very popular and they are obviously very busy.

off topic Phil but i had to note that that's quite an avatar transformation........

Just wondering if you have to make a reservation for the buffet or do you just walk in? Have you ever tried to stay past 1 hour?

off topic Phil but i had to note that that's quite an avatar transformation........

Yup, it was time for a change. How'd you like it?

Just wondering if you have to make a reservation for the buffet or do you just walk in? Have you ever tried to stay past 1 hour?

No I never reserve. We don't watch the clock and take the time we need. I guess we probably spend around 1.5 hour or so.

• Like 1

Well, considering I'm about good food for value I'm still gonna give the buffet a try. I'm usually a fairly down to business eater but my wife could graze at a buffet for hours. I honestly think the places that have a time limit on the buffet do so for ppl like her.

Thanks to all for the helpful input.

• Like 1

had the same experience a couple of months ago when dining there with my parents for the Wednesday buffet. The place was packed, the food underwhelming (ate there before a la carte and was very excited!) and yes, after about an hour we got the bill. We just sent it back saying we didn't order the bill yet. Got the eye of the waiter but totally ignored it.

He's not getting younger...:P