Encyclopaedia In Thai

phibunmike

I want to buy an encyclopaedia in Thai, to keep at home as a general reference for my wife and for various kids in the extended family. Can anyone recommend one ? Something with some pictures, multi-volume preferably. Is the King's children's one good, and suitable for adults too ?

For those who will answer that encyclopaedias are obsolete, and to use the internet: I disagree - I think they serve different roles, and the book form can provide good browsing - you go to look up one thing and an hour later find yourself reading about something else. I want to encourage that in the target audience....

Thanks in advance.

Mike

I have a copy of the Oxford Dunden Pictorial, not cheap but very good, above all accurate translations.

Thanks GuestHouse. I am really looking for something more encyclopaedia and less dictionary. Also a little put off by Amazon's remark "This dictionary is invaluable for learning the names of items that are common in the United States but are rare or nonexistent in Thailand." as it is perhaps a little parochial ??

Did you buy yours in Thailand or from Amazon ?