Bt50 Million To Be Used To Buy iPads And iPhones For Senators And MPs

webfact

I am personally disgusted with this, but let's look at the bright side: they are being TRANSPARENTLY CORRUPT. There's a SLIGHT chance Thais would see this, but again, I emphasise the word SLIGHT.

I am ~SO~ pushing through with this game concept I'm working with. It's called THAILAND: the BORED Game. It's a game for up to 6 players: The Government, The Opposition, The Red Shirts, The Yellow Shirts, The Military and The Elite. Your objective (playing any of these roles) is to gain and maintain control of areas in Thailand, until you have complete control over the country i.e.: the entire population favours you, or, until the other players give up. You gain control over areas through EVENTS (which are based on real events) etc. It's my way of trying to educate the Thais about the sh*t that's happening right in front of their own shut-eyes.

I would be glad if someone would help me realise this project. Fight back corruption with fun and EDUCATION, that's all I'm sayin.

Just imagine what they are doing untransparently

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is a good idea. In the US they used to do blackberry. I think iPads and iPhones are a much better idea for government.

If used properly, it can make communication easier. They can also get work done on the go. Reply to emails, edit documents, work in reminders and set up meetings and calendar events, etc etc without being stuck to a computer. All this stuff will sync with iCloud automatically.

It's the 21st century. Get used to it.

Wait - they will actually have to do this themselves? So all those personal secretaries will be out of a job?

I see most of these devices being given to kids and cronies. Of course 'stolen' or 'lost' devices will be replaced at tax payers expense too.

Before you criticize, why don't YOU try running a country? Let's see how well you do.

Thailand is very corrupt and far from perfect, but the attitude by expats no less, taken towards Thailand and bad mouthing every single thing they do is obnoxious. If you really hate this country that much, I'll call you a taxi to take you right back to the airport.

And the xenophobic rant of a Thaiwannabe once again raises its voice.

It has nothing to do with xenophobia. Do you know what that word means?

We are GUESTS in this country. Working immigrants on a work visa.

What would you say if Mexicans got a forum in the USA and all they did was complain about everything in the USA? What would you say to them?

I know what I would say "America isn't perfect and it is corrupt, but if you hate it that much, why don't you fuc_k off back to Mexico?"

That is hardly xenophobic. That's not being either fearful or disliking people of other countries. That's just asking a simple question.

You're here. You're a guest. Thailand is what it is. It isn't going to change for some Falangs in a forum. What's the point of arguing everything? Let them spend all the money they want on whatever they want.

You are still getting paid right? Take your check and enjoy it.

What world are you from? Are you Rohringa or Burmese? It would applear so because you compare your status in Thailand to that of an illegal Mexican immigrant in the USA. Legal Mexican immigrants in the USA do have the forum you referenced as reflected in their right to land ownership with the right to vote.

A laptop is not a real time communications device.

What world do you live in? My laptop is primarily a real-time communication device.

I agree 100%.

In fact I find iPaids to be nothing more than a flashy gadget better suited to personal entertainment than professional office workers. Children are easily distracted and most adults who buy these are just children at heart anyway :D

What would you say if Mexicans got a forum in the USA and all they did was complain about everything in the USA? What would you say to them?

If their complaint was valid and brought about change that was beneficial to all, I'd say "well done"

Wake me up the day a falang's complaining brings about change in Thailand.

Hahahahahah

Do something more productive with your time.

Wake up Thailand conforms with US, ASEAN and UN international policies and treaties

probably should have spent that money on students and gotten 3x as many tablets from india or china..

dont think senators will have a hard time purchasing those on their own..

What?

Senators - 50 million

Spent on students - 18 billion

If their complaint was valid and brought about change that was beneficial to all, I'd say "well done"

Wake me up the day a falang's complaining brings about change in Thailand.

Hahahahahah

Do something more productive with your time.

Wake up Thailand conforms with US, ASEAN and UN international policies and treaties

So a US treaty is the same as Falangs complaining?

I don't get your logic.

I am prepared to give Yingluck a chance, but if she allows this, my faith in her will be shot to pieces !

It's absurd and wasteful and likely corrupt, but this is the least of her govt's sins. You had to overlook a lot to only be getting fed up now.

• Like 1

Amazes me how we ever survived without real-time communications--e-mail and SMS. Sounds like you must work in the fire brigade, for a blood bank, transplant unit, or at the stock exchange, to need such desperately urgent full-time access to real-time communications. How do you ever sleep? I guess you can't. Sad.

Edited by Reasonableman
  • Like 1

I am prepared to give Yingluck a chance, but if she allows this, my faith in her will be shot to pieces !

It's absurd and wasteful and likely corrupt, but this is the least of her govt's sins. You had to overlook a lot to only be getting fed up now.

Perhaps this is an outrageous 'low cost' distraction, to keep the media from sniffing out something bigger that's going on. Land deals maybe.

Amazes me how we ever survived without real-time communications--e-mail and SMS. Sounds like you must work in the fire brigade, for a blood bank, transplant unit, or at the stock exchange, to need such desperately urgent full-time access to real-time communications. How do you ever sleep? I guess you can't. Sad.

Amazes me how long we survived without computers. But guess what.…

Amazes me how long we survived without computers. But guess what.…

we did

An inflammatory post and replies has been removed.

Comparisons of laptops vs. iPads and iPhones have been removed as being off topic to this thread. Discussion of Bt50 Million To Be Used To Buy iPads And iPhones For Senators And MPs would be on topic to this thread.

And for those that have, eyes, ears and a grain of common what message does this send out?

Another bunch of kids get stuck with American stuff made in China ?

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

This is not uncommon in Government. Texas buys its Leadership and legislators the latest and greatest at least every two years or more often depending on the technology changes. Designated state agencies get the hand-me-downs. The hard drives are wiped cleaned and re-imaged with the latest software updates so its almost good as new. Rank has its privileges and they should have the best tools available.

Yes, I agree that it is not uncommon.

But you will also note that this primarily happens in governments, not in corporations, since in government you can trust the money to be stolen from the people no-matter what your performance is.

I've never seen an iPad used for anything other than playing games, websurfing (usually facebook), looking at photos, and to make it's owner look like an even bigger <deleted>... taking photos.

Perhaps if we could get a list of the productivity tools the MP's would be using on their iPads for the betterment of society it might put the naysayers minds at ease. I shall now hold my breathe.....

Why do you need to "see a list" of anything the Thai government does? What do they owe you? They give you a visa and they pay you. They take taxes out of your check and will use it to run the country that gives you a check and a visa. That's all you need to worry about. Thailand doesn't have to show you anything.

They pay me? Where? Got an address where I can pick up this additional pay-check?

This is not uncommon in Government. Texas buys its Leadership and legislators the latest and greatest at least every two years or more often depending on the technology changes. Designated state agencies get the hand-me-downs. The hard drives are wiped cleaned and re-imaged with the latest software updates so its almost good as new. Rank has its privileges and they should have the best tools available.

Yes, I agree that it is not uncommon.

But you will also note that this primarily happens in governments, not in corporations, since in government you can trust the money to be stolen from the people no-matter what your performance is.

And what are you doing about this? Typing in a forum and what else?

Edited by thaicruze

I bet that the Nation newspaper is still using typewriters instead of computers and that they use black old phones instead iPhones

I'll bet you 1 million baht. How much are you willing to put down on that wager?

Would you take a look a this. Even The Nation can tweet through a typewriter. That must be some typewriter. dam_n

c90d4ce0.jpg

All their tweets come from either Facebook, TweetDeck or Twitterfeed. Meaning someone is at a COMPUTER.

Edited by thaicruze

I think it is a good idea. In the US they used to do blackberry. I think iPads and iPhones are a much better idea for government.

If used properly, it can make communication easier. They can also get work done on the go. Reply to emails, edit documents, work in reminders and set up meetings and calendar events, etc etc without being stuck to a computer. All this stuff will sync with iCloud automatically.

It's the 21st century. Get used to it.

Wait - they will actually have to do this themselves? So all those personal secretaries will be out of a job?

I see most of these devices being given to kids and cronies. Of course 'stolen' or 'lost' devices will be replaced at tax payers expense too.

secretaries answer their personal emails? Really?

I see Obama clicking away at his BB all the time. Let's get rid of the White House secretary. Since Obama answers his own personal messages obviously the secretary has absolutely nothing to do.

Where do you guys come from? Seriously.

Edited by thaicruze

A laptop is not a real time communications device.

What world do you live in? My laptop is primarily a real-time communication device.

I agree 100%.

In fact I find iPaids to be nothing more than a flashy gadget better suited to personal entertainment than professional office workers. Children are easily distracted and most adults who buy these are just children at heart anyway :D

A tablet is the computer of the future. And a mobile OS is the OS of the future. It is what bill gates talked about years ago, before iPhones even existed, when he described the experience of a desktop OS being unified where the applications, OS and Internet would e brought together as 1 seamless experience.

A tablet can be used for most everyday tasks you do on the computer. My smartphone has replaced my laptop for 99% of the things I do. The only time I use my computer now is to design things in Photoshop and stuff like that.

Kids don't get distracted easily if you 1) have control 2) are prepared and know what you're doing.

Edited by thaicruze

Off topic bickering removed. If you have no interest in the topic, simply do not read it. Nobody is holding a gun to your head. Keep up the pointless flaming and suspensions will be handed out.