Putting Jelly On Bread Then Putting It In A Toaster

Nowhereman60

I have seen this before at resorts I have stayed at. A Thai person will take bread and put jelly on it and put it in one of the rotating toaster ovens. The jelly falls off the bread the sugar starts to burn and makes a mess of the toaster. At least 4 times I have seen this while at a resort.

Now my house maid put jelly on some bread put it in our two slice toaster, of course the jelly fell off the bread making a mess, so what did she do, she put more jellly on another piece of bread and tried it again. What gives here. Then of course she said no it wasn't me. Well either you, wife and me are the only one using this and we are not that stupid. My toaster is a mess, two days cleaning out the burned sugar off the metal.

Are these just stupid people I run into or is it something I just don't understand.

Edited by bonobo
reduced font size

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think that's bad , have you ever witnessed the uninitiated trying to babeque a living frog on a split stick over an open fire ? Messy I'll tell ye , messy .

Edited by onionluke

and people trying to get a piece of stuck toast out of the toaster using a knife. hair raising.

A knife??

I had the same issue as the OP with my wife a couple of years back when she tried to make toast and jam the first time. It is a big learning curve but she has the order right now so the next step is to get her to stop using a fork to put the marg and jam on with.

• Like 1

Don't be so harsh. I liken it to a birth defect. The people you are referring to (notice I don't specify nationality) have a missing gene. It is called the "what if?" gene. i.e.:

What if there is a bus coming at us as I pass another bus at high speed on this blind corner?

What if a vehicle is coming down the lane I want to pull into without even looking?

and your example...

What if I spread jam on a piece of bread and then turn it on it's side or upside down?

Happens all around the world just seems to be an intense concentration of the defect in this general area...

Those are the same people that get toothpaste out by squeezing near the top of the tube. rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

You may have missed that jam and toast isn't really a Thai dish, nor are toasters commonly used, you are going to have issues with the unititated using them.

It's sort of like farangs trying to get a handle on the Thai language. Or driving in Thailand. Or still complaining about the use of the word "farang." Sort of like that. Of course, not all farangs have these problems. And not all Thais have issues with the toast/jelly thing.

• Like 1

How many people here made the faux pas of tasting the water with lemon in used to clean your hands after eating seafood?

I know I did. Perhaps that was my culture?

You're supposed to wash your hands in that?

• Like 1

Don't be so harsh. I liken it to a birth defect. The people you are referring to (notice I don't specify nationality) have a missing gene. It is called the "what if?" gene. i.e.:

What if there is a bus coming at us as I pass another bus at high speed on this blind corner?

What if a vehicle is coming down the lane I want to pull into without even looking?

and your example...

What if I spread jam on a piece of bread and then turn it on it's side or upside down?

Happens all around the world just seems to be an intense concentration of the defect in this general area...

Now aint THAT the truth. The missing "what if" gene. Yup, that's got to be it. I've got to remember that one.

I'm standing at the top of this high cliff... what will happen if I take two more steps forward?

You may have missed that jam and toast isn't really a Thai dish, nor are toasters commonly used, you are going to have issues with the unititated using them.

laugh.pnglaugh.png and yet anotherlaugh.png

Please tell me this comment was made sarcastically....

I think Samran was humoring the OP, perhaps suggesting that he'd never seen such a thing but will take the OP at his word. I've also never seen such a thing, but...

I think Samran was humoring the OP, perhaps suggesting that he'd never seen such a thing but will take the OP at his word. I've also never seen such a thing, but...

Hope so, reminds me of th Lazlo letters if anyone's familiar, heres a link to a taste

http://www.sullivansfarms.net/s1dneycom/lazlo/

Its quite funny the measures companies have to take with their products to avoid being sued by idiots.

• Like 1

Do tell me what I should have said so that I can hang out with the other cool kids please.

• Like 1

Do tell me what I should have said so that I can hang out with the other cool kids please.

Perhaps if you had ended your sentence with "brah" or "dude"...........

I'm sure Ralph Wiggum would have done the same with the toaster as the op's maid..

and your example...

Now aint THAT the truth. The missing "what if" gene. Yup, that's got to be it. I've got to remember that one.

I'm standing at the top of this high cliff... what will happen if I take two more steps forward?

Film at 11 Ian...