Putting Jelly On Bread Then Putting It In A Toaster

Nowhereman60

Jelly on bread are you serious? Peanut butter, vegemite or jam maybe but jelly sounds a little wierd I usually have mine in a bowl with ice-cream or fruit never on bread.

I believe that Americans refer to jam as jelly ( as in peanut butter and jelly ), so in this case it probably is jam on the toast.

I wonder what they call "jelly"?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jelly on bread are you serious? Peanut butter, vegemite or jam maybe but jelly sounds a little wierd I usually have mine in a bowl with ice-cream or fruit never on bread.

I believe that Americans refer to jam as jelly ( as in peanut butter and jelly ), so in this case it probably is jam on the toast.

That would be jello methinks.

Does this help ?

Jam, jelly, and Jello are three distinct things. Jam and jelly are similar (they are both used as sandwich spreads) except the jelly usually has a lot more gelitan; hence the expression, it must be jelly cause jam don't shake like that". Jello is simply a desert on it's own and does not work well with toast.

It is extremely common to have jelly on toast in North America.

I prefer peanut butter, I am going to try it in a resort toaster now, thanks for the idea.

in the 70s during an african famine there was a punk rock band in LA whose lead singer was called Jello Biafra...yuk, yuk...

I like jello but haven't had none in yonk's years...and jelly is something that the brits put on their roast lamb, notwithstanding the peanut butter and jelly application in the US...

I always prefer a berry jam with my toast and butter for a bit of sweet...

but, there is always the classic early 60s white falsetto and:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m1cP0ez_S8

get up on your feet and moooove to the beat...yeah, with toast and jam...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Don't be so harsh. I liken it to a birth defect. The people you are referring to (notice I don't specify nationality) have a missing gene. It is called the "what if?" gene. i.e.:

What if there is a bus coming at us as I pass another bus at high speed on this blind corner?

What if a vehicle is coming down the lane I want to pull into without even looking?

and your example...

What if I spread jam on a piece of bread and then turn it on it's side or upside down?

Happens all around the world just seems to be an intense concentration of the defect in this general area...

Yeah, I cottoned onto that shortly after I arrived here. The idea that cause and effect are linked isn't a concept the average Thai has much of a grasp of. That's why it's bedlam out on the roads and why people just park up with a shopping trolley in the middle of the aisle at the supermarket and start chinwagging or trying to get on the skytrain before the others can get off or walking down the middle of the stairs at the BTS platform and banging out sms' etc.,etc., etc., etc., Once you've lived here for a while you develop tactics to work your way around the dumbness.

That would be jello methinks.

Would help if the english language was used on here instead of one that is used by just one country.

• 4 months later...

Have you seen foreigners trying to deal with some things like chopsticks?

Rather racist don't you think, calling Thai stupid?

What does racism have to do with stupidity? Really, please enlighten me.

Which foreigners are you refferring to?? ALL of them?

Kind of narrow minded question/statement isn't it?

There are stupid people everywhere, saying its just these or just those people is ridiculous.

but ignoring the stupidity in the immediate vicinity is dangerous and unwise.

i think the more significant issue is the fact that your employee lied to you.

and how many of us are lied to on a daily basis, to hide the 'embarrasment' of inherent stupidity?

losing face to try and save face is the stupidest thing ever. but try explaining that to SOME people.

you're more likely to get told to look elsewhere than get a single logical response.

• Like 1

Hope so, reminds me of th Lazlo letters if anyone's familiar, heres a link to a taste

http://www.sullivans...1dneycom/lazlo/

Its quite funny the measures companies have to take with their products to avoid being sued by idiots.

I suppose this Lazlo was just trolling them?

Funny.

PS Edit, lol just saw the post about this thread being so many months old, <<sigh>>, someone is playing vintage thread scavenger hunt.

Edited by zzdocxx

Well said; I'm sure the Thais would have a field day laughing at the "farang" with that one.

Just curious to read their forums talking about dumb and frustrating yet generous and sometimes adorable farangs.

I think it is a

Don't be so harsh. I liken it to a birth defect. The people you are referring to (notice I don't specify nationality) have a missing gene. It is called the "what if?" gene. i.e.:

What if there is a bus coming at us as I pass another bus at high speed on this blind corner?

What if a vehicle is coming down the lane I want to pull into without even looking?

and your example...

What if I spread jam on a piece of bread and then turn it on it's side or upside down?

Happens all around the world just seems to be an intense concentration of the defect in this general area...

I think this proof that Thais are less smart than Farangs,

rotating toaster is shit. get those small oven toaster. nothing beats caramelized sugar with butter on toast

When you're five years old...

Fancy some soldiers for your dippy egg too? and a tablespoon of sugar and/or msg.

How about a nice nap at 11am?

baby wanna sit on a potty?

rotating toaster is shit. get those small oven toaster. nothing beats caramelized sugar with butter on toast

Fancy some soldiers for your dippy egg too? and a tablespoon of sugar and/or msg.

dippy eggs and soliders is nice but sugar or msg is wrong. fleur de sel and freshly ground pepper is the way to go. 11am nap sound nice, but you can keep the potty to yourself

dippy eggs and soliders is nice but sugar or msg is wrong. fleur de sel and freshly ground pepper is the way to go. 11am nap sound nice, but you can keep the potty to yourself

banana or cinnamon FTW! (When your'e 5 of course).

my house maid put jelly on some bread put it in our two slice toaster

Is she still an employee of yours? rolleyes.gif

she can't make toasts, but maybe she can do other things that pleases the employer....

Thank you, sir. I have not had such a good laugh in a while.