Sundays At The Orchard Mae Rim

foodiedude

Not sure about veggie stuff, but the pizza's are spot on. the Sunday roast was excellent when I went 2 weeks ago and plenty of it. I got there at 1pm and no problem getting served, it was getting busy as I left at 2.30pm though.

If anyone can let me know whether I can get in with a wheelchair or not could they let me know. Thanks

I'd say it's a little rough going for a wheelchair unless you've got one of those offroad types. Gravelly entrance and downhill path with spaced paving stones to the toilets, which didn't appear to be handicapped friendly. If you had someone who could assist you, probably no problem. I know they still have more construction planned out there, so may the concerns of the handicapped will be better addressed in the future.

Is it easy to find, directions anyone?

Go out to Maerim and turn right after Maerim on the Maerim-Samoeng road (direction of Four Seasons) the Orchard is on the left hand side and has many signs outside

Think you meant to say "turn left after Mae Rim on the Mae Rim-Samoeng road".

• 1 month later...

Indeed. Hehe.

Their website doesn't load for me, so I don't have the number to call even if I wanted to.

I had heard some rumblings it was closing very soon, and that was a couple of Weeks ago, so perhaps with the website offline, it may already be closed.

Id heard great things about the place, so I'm kind of hoping that its just rumour, and I can go have a nice Sunday lunch today.

Cheers

Neither are punctuation and spelling but..... wink.png

Passed by there twice in the last week coming from the water falls, both times around 18:00. The 1st time it was open and I could see lights and a few people at tables outside. The 2nd time (Thursday) it was dark and I didn't see anyone there.

I too, wanted to try it one of these days. I hope it's only a rumor.

The Orchard is closed permanently. A chance it will re-open under another name closer to CM.

That was fast! Some of these C.M. establishments have to be visited in the first month or two or there is a chance one will miss them. Guess I must have passed by on the last day or thereabouts. Wanted to stop but everyone was tired and dirty from playing at the waterfalls. Glad I made it in time to Mighty Moes - actually about 3 times - before they closed.

It hasn't closed for financial reasons!

....making/made too much money and no time to spend it.....is financial reasons too you know....tongue.png

Sounds like it was a very much liked place, sorry to see it closed, but maybe closer to town center would make more sense

G

Understand it was a landlord related issue. Shame.

Given the rumored landlord of some neighboring property, not to mention the residents of said neighnoring property, I could understand how live music outdoors might not be fully appreciated.

Understand it was a landlord related issue. Shame.

Given the rumored landlord of some neighboring property, not to mention the residents of said neighnoring property, I could understand how live music outdoors might not be fully appreciated.

Sorry, what neighbours? It's pretty isolated and the music was not that loud.

• Like 1

The Orchard is closed permanently. A chance it will re-open under another name closer to CM.

That was fast! Some of these C.M. establishments have to be visited in the first month or two or there is a chance one will miss them. Guess I must have passed by on the last day or thereabouts. Wanted to stop but everyone was tired and dirty from playing at the waterfalls. Glad I made it in time to Mighty Moes - actually about 3 times - before they closed.

Mighty Moe's Pastrami and Corned Beef Reubens, as well as the various other pastrami and corned beef sandwiches are now available at Butter is Better. Where you can also enjoy the delicious air-conditioning. They will also be on offer through Meals on Wheels. But not the air-conditioning.