Mafia Violence In Koh Samui

kperkins

As a prior expat resident of Samui, I'm still amazed that there is no reporting on the darker side of Samui and the fact that the police are powerless to stop it. Just last week, the same mafia shooter "Gao", that shot and almost killed me in Mar. 2005 was back on the streets on bail and shot and killed a local policeman and shot an English tourist during a shooting spree in Solo pub.  I have been back in the US recoverying from my injuries and have wanted to return to Samui, but apparently the Justice system does not apply to the Samui Mafia families with enough money.  This same shooter I was told by locals killed 2 men on Koh Phanang just last month also.  I am still awaiting the Samui court system to bring this bad man to trial, but I feel like this will never happen.  I would like to know how many other Samui expats are aware of this violent criminal activity going on. I certainly was not until I happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Any thoughts on how to rid this beautiful place of these people before they make it where no tourists will visit.  Anyone wanting more information can contact me on my e-mail at [email protected]

Kris P.

good post.

I was involved in a drunken argument last time on Samui with a local. On my way home that night I was hospitalised in a hit-and-run road 'accident'. :D

I cant say if the 2 are linked whatsoever but the rumours of Mafia control and hitmen certainly had me paranoid. It was the first time I felt uncomfortable on Samui.

:o:D Drunken argument and driving home?Your fault,sorry.

As a prior expat resident of Samui, I'm still amazed that there is no reporting on the darker side of Samui and the fact that the police are powerless to stop it. Just last week, the same mafia shooter "Gao", that shot and almost killed me in Mar. 2005 was back on the streets on bail and shot and killed a local policeman and shot an English tourist during a shooting spree in Solo pub.  I have been back in the US recoverying from my injuries and have wanted to return to Samui, but apparently the Justice system does not apply to the Samui Mafia families with enough money.  This same shooter I was told by locals killed 2 men on Koh Phanang just last month also.  I am still awaiting the Samui court system to bring this bad man to trial, but I feel like this will never happen.  I would like to know how many other Samui expats are aware of this violent criminal activity going on. I certainly was not until I happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Any thoughts on how to rid this beautiful place of these people before they make it where no tourists will visit.  Anyone wanting more information can contact me on my e-mail at [email protected]

Kris P.

good post.

I was involved in a drunken argument last time on Samui with a local. On my way home that night I was hospitalised in a hit-and-run road 'accident'. :D

I cant say if the 2 are linked whatsoever but the rumours of Mafia control and hitmen certainly had me paranoid. It was the first time I felt uncomfortable on Samui.

:D The way I'm reading it he was the victim, but I may be wrong :D

Kris P.

good post.

:D The way I'm reading it he was the victim, but I may be wrong :D

Both suspects :D

Kris P.

good post.

Where does it say that the OP was driving ?

Hit and Run usually denotes a pedestrian being hit by a vehicle, and the driver of the aforementioned vehicle not stopping to give his/her details to the police/victim.

:D

Edited by chonabot

Kris P.

good post.

:D:D Drunken argument and driving home?Your fault,sorry.

On my way home that night I was hospitalised in a hit-and-run road 'accident'. :D

Read the post (providing you can do that on your own without any help) - I was on foot, a moped ran into me, guy didnt stop, 12 stitches to the head.

So you can keep your drink-drive slur. :D:o:D

Kris P.

good post.

Hit and Run usually denotes a pedestrian being hit by a vehicle, and the driver of the aforementioned vehicle not stopping to give his/her details to the police/victim.

:D Driving or walking drunk equals a fool. :D:D

Kris P.

good post.

:D Driving or walking drunk equals a fool. :D:D

He didn't give enough details hit &run can be both.He did say drunken argument nuff said :D

cwilliam

I drank with the locals,Mafia and police

how did you know they were mafia when you were drinking with them?

did they talk like al pacino with a thai accent

did they show you their guns.

did they eat a lot of spaghetti.

did they have fat cheeks.

did they introduce themselves as mafia.

did they take their washing home for mama to do.

were there a lot of them , with moustaches and hats all sat around discussing hits.

or are you just another wannabe hard case dork falang with an overworked imagination who comes out with nonsensical crap like... "I drank with the locals,Mafia and police" expecting "ooohs" and "aaaaahs" from your peers.

cwilliam

were there a lot of them , with moustaches and hats all sat around discussing hits.

or are you just another wannabe hard case dork falang with an overworked imagination who comes out with nonsensical crap like... "I drank with the locals,Mafia and police" expecting "ooohs" and "aaaaahs" from your peers.

:D Just my reply to those bad mouthing Samui.As I said lived there 6 years knew a lot of people you probably couldn't figure it out :o

Edited by oopapasan

:o

cwilliam

:D Just my reply to those bad mouthing Samui.As I said lived there 6 years knew a lot of people you probably couldn't figure it out :D

So you have 2 nicknames then?(Cgaywilliam,Poopypants)

Mods ban this tw@t please, before I bitch slap him :D