Visa Extension Service?

bettiebebop

I'm pretty sure that would not be (legally) possible.The form (TM7) used when applying for an extension of any type of stay clearly states that "Application must be made in person". You can use a service to prepare the documention for you, but you must go with them to immigration when applying. And for a 30 day extension of a tourist visa stay there really isn't any documentation to prepare, so it would in my opinion) be a waste of money to use a service for this.

Sophon

Beware - many of those claiming to help you in such matters either A do things that are illegal or B are completely unnecessary.

If you have a lot of long-term experience here, A may not be a problem, but then the way corruption works here, things can change overnight and if you're one of the ones caught during the transition you'll have to suffer the consequences. For example, there are services that will process a one-year non-immigrant B for you by fedexing your passport over to a friendly consultate while you remain in Thailand. Totally illegal of course, but worked for years just fine. Then it turned out they started saving money by using forged stamps rather than paying the backhanders to the consulate staff, and a whole bunch of farang got detained, fined and deported.

Regarding B, if you qualify for an actual tourist visa extension, it really isn't that much time and trouble to go down there yourself. If an agent knows the officials they may be able to save you that inconvenience, but doing it this way will be technically illegal and will most likely cost you so much it's just not worth the risk IMO. But the value of your time and your propensity to taking risks are of course up to you.

Hopefully this will help you make an informed decision.

For example, there are services that will process a one-year non-immigrant B for you by fedexing your passport over to a friendly consultate while you remain in Thailand. Totally illegal of course, but worked for years just fine. Then it turned out they started saving money by using forged stamps rather than paying the backhanders to the consulate staff, and a whole bunch of farang got detained, fined and deported

Haha, I remember this. Thousands were arrested. When it became public knowledge the number of the fake stamp we all checked our passports and EVERY farang I knew had the stamp. There was a lot of passport, burning and washing going on before seeking help from the relevant consulates!

Haha, I remember this. Thousands were arrested. When it became public knowledge the number of the fake stamp we all checked our passports and EVERY farang I knew had the stamp. There was a lot of passport, burning and washing going on before seeking help from the relevant consulates!

I don't think even dozens were actually arrested, much less "thousands". And easy enough to just lose your passport, why would you burn or wash it?