Post Below: "I Need A Cheap Place" Etc.Etc.

swissie

One more of them: Undercapitalized, undereducated, with some basic computer-skills wants to hit it big in Thailand. So far so good., Fine with me. What disturbs me, is the many encouraging comments this bloke get's although his chances of success under these circumstances are practically nil !!

The end of the story will be: One more "Overstayer" that lived here on a Ed-Visa with all other intentions in mind exept learning the Thai-Language.

Is there any wonder that something like a "Ed-Visa" will be abolished in the furure? Much to the regret of people that actually use this type of visa to study ?

So therefore my view is: Do not encourage people with such a background to move to Thailand. If the longing for Thailand is this strong, go to Thailand as a Tourist 3 times a year,

But here is probably the problem: If anyone is looking for "cheap" accomodation, the chances to travel as a tourist to Thailand 2 to 3 times a year is also nil. (Lack of funds,also).

Dreamers: Stay where you are and don't screw it up for us long time residents. Thank you.

Cheers.

Me thinks Steve Jobs did not hang around scheming to be able to be illegal immigrant in India. I reckon he had other plans.

Nothing wrong on young guys taking a risk and having some fun. But when your plan is to work illegally dodging taxes it's pretty sad. Why not build your business back home and come over when you can do it legit?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Me thinks Steve Jobs did not hang around scheming to be able to be illegal immigrant in India. I reckon he had other plans.

Nothing wrong on young guys taking a risk and having some fun. But when your plan is to work illegally dodging taxes it's pretty sad. Why not build your business back home and come over when you can do it legit?

I've been dodging taxes in the UK for years,it's all part of the game of life.

• Like 1

I've been dodging taxes in the UK for years,it's all part of the game of life.

Agree. But I'm just wondering why this thread was opened when it could all be in the other thread.

Yes, he should get the right visas etc.

But uneducated? Basic skills? No chance of success? Overstayer? Objections to wanting cheap objection?

Nothing but snobbery

But uneducated? Basic skills? No chance of success? Overstayer? Objections to wanting cheap objection?

Nothing but snobbery

And where exactly I said that ?

Fine by me, it does not effect me nut I can understand some frustration from guys who go thru the trouble getting themselves legit and having ever increasing rules being imposed to them due guys who think it's overrated to get legit.

Maybe its not snobbery but very selfish.

Nothing but snobbery

I didn't say you did. The OP did.

I also see too many threads of OP's asking how to circumvent Thai laws (or even announcing they will do) or even more asking what the chances of getting caught are... those threads should be closed immediately.

Yes, I agree with Swissie that such actions can lead to tougher VISA rules which will affect all those going throught the legal process.

However, I do not agree with Swissie that the Op should not be coming and learn Thai even on the smallest possible budget... maybe Swissie does not remember, but I do remember my backpacking times through Europe with the smallest possible budget, sleeping in farms, helping farmers for some food etc... would not want to miss that time in my life, even though would not want to repeat it in my age...

• Like 1

Nothing but snobbery

Fine by me, it does not effect me nut I can understand some frustration from guys who go thru the trouble getting themselves legit and having ever increasing rules being imposed to them due guys who think it's overrated to get legit.

Maybe its not snobbery but very selfish.

Live and let live......leave him alone.

At least the young fella has had the gumption to ask for advice and he is getting bucket-loads of it from experienced TV members. I don't think this young man is the kind of person we need to worry about.

Don't know why you have chosen to start a new topic in order to slag of the op of another thread????

To start why do you think his post is below?? if he has had a more recent reply his post could be above.

Not too bright are you and you call the op in the other thread uneducated. Your comprehension skills don't seem so great either, he says he is going to get an ED visa and study Thai, why do you assume he dosn't intend to learn Thai???

He says he will have a return ticket and use it if he runs out of money, you interpret this as he will be a visa over stayer???

He says he has in 6 months created a small monthly online income and sold a website for a few thousand pounds and you interpret this as uneducated with basic computer skills???

You sound to me like a bitter uneducated old waste of space, what the fuc_k have you done that's so great btw.

• Like 2

I also see too many threads of OP's asking how to circumvent Thai laws (or even announcing they will do) or even more asking what the chances of getting caught are... those threads should be closed immediately.

Yes, I agree with Swissie that such actions can lead to tougher VISA rules which will affect all those going throught the legal process.

However, I do not agree with Swissie that the Op should not be coming and learn Thai even on the smallest possible budget... maybe Swissie does not remember, but I do remember my backpacking times through Europe with the smallest possible budget, sleeping in farms, helping farmers for some food etc... would not want to miss that time in my life, even though would not want to repeat it in my age...

You know what, I'm jealous of you doing that.

I took off from Scotland in April 89 with the intention of doing the same thing. I arrived in Wiesbaden, Germany and got recommended into a sales job. I had pictured myself working as a security guard or picking fruit, doing something like you did.

Anyway I ended up in a very enjoyable high pressure sales job, cracking lifestyle and I earned £250,000 in 4 years. I saw the Berlin Wall come down, I worked in US army and Air force bases, and I learned some of the language. By the time I left I could speak fluent Redneck.

An amazing experience, all because I took a chance. I will say though I'm still jealous of you though, I would have loved a couple of summers in the fields and farms.

Leave the boy alone......you never know what it will lead to.

I took off from Scotland in April 89 with the intention of doing the same thing. I arrived in Wiesbaden, Germany and got recommended into a sales job. I had pictured myself working as a security guard or picking fruit, doing something like you did.

Anyway I ended up in a very enjoyable high pressure sales job, cracking lifestyle and I earned £250,000 in 4 years. I saw the Berlin Wall come down, I worked in US army and Air force bases, and I learned some of the language. By the time I left I could speak fluent Redneck.

An amazing experience, all because I took a chance. I will say though I'm still jealous of you though, I would have loved a couple of summers in the fields and farms.

I spent a year in Kavos working as a PR dragging the punters into bars.

Real 18-30's type stuff. Part payment in ouzo. Out on the piss every night. Beach parties and taking advantage of the easy chavettes on holiday.

I was very poor, we all were, but it was quite an experience.

I spent a year in Kavos working as a PR dragging the punters into bars.

Real 18-30's type stuff. Part payment in ouzo. Out on the piss every night. Beach parties and taking advantage of the easy chavettes on holiday.

I was very poor, we all were, but it was quite an experience.

Exactly, and I bet you learned more about yourself and how to deal with other people in that one year than at any other time of your life.

We should be celebrating these young guys doing this, not denigrating.

• Like 1

Well it certainly seems members here have slightly different opinions depending on which illegal activities are discussed.

Discussing how to received satellite TV at "reduced" rates is no no and accepted so by all. Never seen any objections to this. Same goes with downloading some music or movies off the net. Clearly not something to discuss in the forums.

Overstaying ones visa is considered "stupid" and "ignorant" by most. And most seem to be happy seeing people getting fined for their ignorance.

Discussing how to illegally migrate to Thailand and work without work permit again seem to be ok for most, actually questioning this seems to result in being called snobby f#@*wit by quite a few.

Could see the same in the recent thread where OP was asking if it is illegal to make a living in Thailand exporting good for sale with tourist visa.

And before the flame starts i have to say there is nothing wrong for young guys having bit fun and taking a chance in their lives. Done it myself.

I'm just saying it's bit different than getting yourself to a country by any means and in this case by working illegally under the radar. For me the poster in question does not sound as young lad wanting to spend few months or a year drifting around and enjoying life before going to uni...

Well it certainly seems members here have slightly different opinions depending on which illegal activities are discussed.

Discussing how to received satellite TV at "reduced" rates is no no and accepted so by all. Never seen any objections to this. Same goes with downloading some music or movies off the net. Clearly not something to discuss in the forums.

Overstaying ones visa is considered "stupid" and "ignorant" by most. And most seem to be happy seeing people getting fined for their ignorance.

Discussing how to illegally migrate to Thailand and work without work permit again seem to be ok for most, actually questioning this seems to result in being called snobby f#@*wit by quite a few.

Could see the same in the recent thread where OP was asking if it is illegal to make a living in Thailand exporting good for sale with tourist visa.

I can see your point but I don't agree.

I am by nature very annoying and a hypocrite.

And before the flame starts i have to say there is nothing wrong for young guys having bit fun and taking a chance in their lives. Done it myself.

I'm just saying it's bit different than getting yourself to a country by any means and in this case by working illegally under the radar. For me the poster in question does not sound as young lad wanting to spend few months or a year drifting around and enjoying life before going to uni...

Is that the distinct beat of back-pedalling I hear there? biggrin.png

Did you choose to ignore the point I was making deliberately?

Is that the distinct beat of back-pedalling I hear there? biggrin.png

Said it already up there couple of times. It's nothing to do with me.

Just amazed on the response the OP got criticizing people giving advice how to conduct illegal activities. On a forum where discussing anything remotely offending to anyone is banned and shunned.

Well we will enjoy dragging this thread up when the bloke complains here not being able to extend his edu visa or by being victimized his evil landlord and not getting his 1500 deposit back.

Did you choose to ignore the point I was making deliberately?

About you being poor in early -90's and having to drink ouzo ?

I'm afraid i did...

Just amazed on the response the OP got criticizing people giving advice how to conduct illegal activities.

THE OP ISN'T BEING CRITICISED FOR THAT

Are you sure, OP states he has nothing against the guy coming to Thailand. His complaint is that people are supportive of his plan to come here to work illegally and abusing edu visa in the process.

Yes he predict's the likely scenario on what will happen in the future. And is also right that his legit edu visa will be harder and harder to get due to these guys. Maybe he could have worded his post bit more PC but hey...

I know lot of people who used to buy one year multiple non-O's for 10k without never leaving the country nor qualifying the visa. This was still ongoing say 10 - 15 years ago and quite common. Just using agents who paid immigration to get the visas. Although when these guys got work they went legit and flew out to get non-B and WP. And i can understand and respect that, no one lost. Win win for all parties. Not like abusing certain visa classes and getting trouble for those who are legit.