Tourist Visa Extension

Hello all. I'd like to apply to get a 30 day extension to my tourist visa. I've just checked my passport and the exit Thailand date is tomorrow. Will i be ok to apply for the 30 day extension tomorrow at my local office or have i left it too late and will have to go up to the border to activate my second tourist visa? Much thanks for any replies.

Your good for the extension. Everyone goes as late as possible!!

Yes, but there is nothing to be gained by waiting so late, you don't lose any time by applying a few days early.

Cheers guys, that's a relief. I normally like to do it a few days before it expires but lost track of the days this week. Thanks again.

Hi everybody...

I´m in Chiang Rai city and I want an extension for my visa. I´ve been looking for the inmigration bureau here in town but it seems that there´s not.

So I´ve gone to the tourist information office and they told me that I have to go to Mae Sai, but maybe they have thoght that I want to cross the border, and I don´t. i don´t want to go out of the country. I just need an inmigration bureau to have the extension.

Is it really possible that there´s not an inmigration office here in Chiang Rai city? Is it true that I can go to the police station to asf for the extension?

Thank you.

The immigration office is in Mae Sai - and no you can not use a police station.

Chiang Rai Immigration Office

Last Updated by Maestro on Feb 28, 2011

117 Moo 10

Tambon Wiang Phang Kham

Amphoe Mae Sai

Chiang Rai 57130

Phone: 0-5373-1008

Email: [email protected]

Service area: Provinces of Chiang, Phayao

ด่านตรวจคนเข้าเมือง

117 หมู่10

ตำบลเวียงพางคำ

อ.แม่สาย

จ.เชียงราย 57130

• Like 1

There is no need to quote if you are answering the previous post but suspect it might be a new member restriction as is the case with posting links in first few posts (it helps prevent spam by automatic systems). There is a need for an office at that location and it is in Chiang Rai province so serves everyone. I have never been there but if you are just extending a visa it will be done immediately so no need to stay.