New Condo Developement In Koh Chang

MZurf

A sales office has opened up in Kai Bae Beach for a new condo development called Chang Park Island Life Condo. They claim they're going to start building after Songkran, and the advertised prices are not bad at all.

Hence my skepticism.

Does anyone on TV have more detailed info regarding this project?

If it's anything like the last Condo development on Koh Chang which was meant to be in Whitesands it wont happen. There are signs everywhere advertising Chang Park or whatever it is called, but I would tread very carefully. The only successful condo so far on the island has been Tranquility Bay near Bang Bao.

• 2 months later...

Is this on the Chang resort/hotel land...hope not....they made a real cokc up with the hotel..everything leaked...stayed there one night not long after it opened as I couldnt get into Sea view and all the beds were wet due to the roof leaking.....booked in for two nights while waiting to get into Sea view....walked out after the first night and the Fukcers wouldnt refund the second night, ok so they got THB 3000 out of me, but would never go back and anyone who asks I tell them never to stay there

Tranquility bay is partly finished, a whole block of apartments is finished and now they're building the last few.

prices range between 6 and 8 million, including tennis court, swimming pool, private pier and a gym.

Chang Park, is been taken over by PGS a Russian company, they have 'sample'apartments along the road [looks awfully tiny and cramped] and a sales office, I drive by there daily but have never seen anyone in and no sign of building yet.

• 10 months later...

i spoke to the developer this week and he's looking to start in 5/6 weeks(he has an up-market bar nearby and they are expecting a busy two weeks in may) but the site is marked out,if you walk down to Siam cottages you can see it and people have been working on it while i was there.i know nothing about the prices but the bhat is a bit topsy turvy right now so if you can buy before its built it will be cheaper than when they are done.also the land on the left hand side was cleared while i was there and a lot of steel rod was being sorted out,this is someone else's development so it would seem that the place is gonna change(shame,but probably inevitable)

• Like 1