Fatal Mugging In Bangkok Caught On CCTV

webfact

This kind of frenzied attack bears the hallmark of people cranked up on yaba or ice.

definitely

Why must everything always be drug related??? There's enough evil scum out there more than willing to pull this kind of shit without being high on drugs simply for the reputation or other f.cked up reasons!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pol Colonel Itthiphol Atchariyapradit called on the media to not publish the footage in hopes of preventing the attackers from altering the appearance of the motorbike.

Why wouldn't the attackers try to change their Appearance Now? As they know that they have been caught by a CCTV.

With all this talk about cameras, does anyone remember this news item?

I believe the news item is in fact about the cameras themselves, with the crime itself, sad as it is, merely evidence for their usefulness. It would be interesting to know who the contractor was, or rather related to, since they must be about to get some more business. As for the crime, whether it gets solved depends on how good the police are in following up with the evidence. They will solve it if they are motivated to do so, but hopefully the cameras have given them some clues about who was involved.

• Like 1

It supports the coincidental suggestion we need more cctv cameras recording much of what we do. It has upside and downside. Better security, possibly, although a camera is hardly going to stop a knife attack. Less privacy, and an increased ability for government agencies to monitor much of what we do, certainly. Its therefore a tradeoff between Big Brotherliness and potentially increased security, mostly after the event.

I think increased security wins it for me - if just one incident like this can be avoided, it is worth the Big Brother trade off.

I for one prefer my civil liberties to big brother. Did you ever read, 1984?

I'm sure the soviets, if they had continued would support you.

dam_n Right, brother!

http://www.schnews.org.uk/diyguide/guidetoclosedcircuittelevisioncctvdestruction.htm

This kind of frenzied attack bears the hallmark of people cranked up on yaba or ice.

But Rick, if drugs were legalized and addicts had access to cheaper, quality drugs, random acts of violence like this would not occur.

Says exactly who???

But maybe you are closer to the truth than you think.

If cheaper drugs were to be had on prescription these guys might not need to steel the money, hence not overagressively kill the guy and maybe would be on a drug- substitution program anyway.

By the way: offtopic.gif

• Like 1

if you do nothing illegal, do you have to fear if somebody follows your moves ?

Changes in the laws can make the perfectly legal today, illegal tomorrow, simply because they have facilitated the means to enforce what they could not previously. Adultery, cross-dressing, public urination and many other activities are not illegal but are not the kinds of behavior that many who indulge in them want documented.

RIP Buncherd Khorklangyai

I teach a self defense class in Bangkok, just to deal with people like this. Scum

Maybe the next one they try this on will snap their arms

Self defense classes that espouse Steven Segall moves may have their place in domestic disuputes and other unarmed confrontations, but trying to disarm an individual that has the drop on you is foolish unless you already see the hammer or cylinder or knife in motion and it is do or die. One thing the self defense instructors never tell you is that perps can take the course as easily as you can.

Odds are pretty good that there was a gun not far away and the knife was used to avoid drawing attention.

Hope this wasn't an attempt to troll for students for that class.

• Like 1

"The footage captured two of the attackers on a pink Yamaha Fino, but Pol Colonel Itthiphol Atchariyapradit called on the media to not publish the footage in hopes of preventing the attackers from altering the appearance of the motorbike. The colour and brand of the other motorbike is not yet known."

Sure don't put it on TV in hopes they wont alter the bikes, just publish it in the paper. Do you think they may not realize they were the ones who killed a man at soi 51 after reading it? or did so many happen that they wont know it was them without the pictures?

a pink Yamaha Fino, seems fairly distinctive. But I guess the sort of people who do this don't read the farang papers, or is the same information available in the Thai press. Here again, in my village only two people regularly read a newspaper.

The best the cameras can hope to do is capture the crime. With poor lighting perhaps. Why not empower all citizens to protect themselves from a 4 man gang with a gun? The cameras can then document the fact that the shooter was being attacked and killed the attackers in self defense? Trusting the police or cameras to protect you is utter foolishness.

Showing the video on TV and asking the public for assistance would probably help in capturing these men, as for where to place CCTV cameras, areas where the crime rate is highest?

After a meeting with TAT and the Ministry of Culture they decided not to show anything as it may hurt the constantly increasing number of tourists!

So you have no objection to me installing spyware onto your PC? Or if someone knows where you are every moment?

That's quite different to you watching me walk down the street.

you mean nobody commits crimes in private ?

I do a lot things that is fully legal but that I still don't want ending up on YouTube.

Surveillance cameras don't stop crimes. They sometimes make it easier to solve the crimes.

absolute scum.

why stab the guy?

four of them is enough to throw a few punches, steal his wallet and let the man live the rest of his life.

it would make your bloid boil, this kind of shit!

Yet you condone the launching of grenades into BTS stations that kill innocent passersby. Odd.

oh shut up

definitely

Why must everything always be drug related??? There's enough evil scum out there more than willing to pull this kind of shit without being high on drugs simply for the reputation or other f.cked up reasons!!!

not everything always must be drug related, but it's a safe assumption to think that they were on meth...meth being the no1 drug among thai youth, and the frenzied nature of the attack.

Weird. Just two nights ago my neighbour's nephew was robbed at knife point by a gang of 6 scumbags on 3 scooters. The police said they KNOW the scumbags from the description the victim gave -- apparently the scumbags were jut released FROM PRISON last December!! I mean <deleted>. This country needs more vigilantes. I'd be happy to apply.

That was the last I heard about the police report though -- I guess the Police will be waiting for these scumbags to get a little fatter before bringing them in -- which is the typical Thai Police marketing strategy. Either that or wait till this gang kills a little kid before knocking on their doors...

The footage captured two of the attackers on a pink Yamaha Fino, but Pol Colonel Itthiphol Atchariyapradit called on the media to not publish the footage in hopes of preventing the attackers from altering the appearance of the motorbike.

We got you on camera senselessly killing this man, we know you were riding a pink Yamaha Fino, but we won't show you a picture of your bike because only then will you think to alter its appearance... Glad these guys are on the case.

yes my thoughts exactly.. like if the robbers reading this story might wonder if its them...... best way would have been to not release the story however the police and security associations here must be desperate to try and show the public they are on the case following the bombing debacle last month

Needless to say condolences to victims family and friends.. senseless crime and i would suspect something more than just a random " lets roll this guy".

Seems that the whole purpose of releasing this story is to justify a budget for more cameras.

Quite.

I know people who take drugs, I know people who are violent, drugs does not necessarily cause violence, and I find most violent people are always just looking for an excuse. To blame drugs or excuse them from their actions by saying it was out of their control shows and complete lack of experience in these kinds of terms.

Besides I think you will find the no.1 cause of violence on earth to actually be alcohol.

Didn't I read the other day that all you need is a work permit to aquire a personal firearm in Thailand? I think its something a lot of foreigners should consider, its all nice and dandy today but no one knows what the future will hold for this place, and I personally would like ability and the piece of mind to defend myself and my loved ones.