Fatal Mugging In Bangkok Caught On CCTV

webfact

Didn't I read the other day that all you need is a work permit to aquire a personal firearm in Thailand? I think its something a lot of foreigners should consider, its all nice and dandy today but no one knows what the future will hold for this place, and I personally would like ability and the piece of mind to defend myself and my loved ones.

It would only up the anti as the criminal element will still want the upper hand and be in possession of more powerful weapons. Besides that, you may get permission to own a firearm, but there is no way that you will get a permit to carry in public. Entirely another issue.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you do nothing illegal, do you have to fear if somebody follows your moves ?

So you have no objection to me installing spyware onto your PC? Or if someone knows where you are every moment?

That's quite different to you watching me walk down the street.

you mean nobody commits crimes in private ?

Your only post in this thread is about as silly as TimeTraveller's only post in this thread - both showing that neither of you read or got the gist of the discussion.

Some of us are discussing the police's desire for more surveillance cameras. On one side are the people fearing 'big brother', and what the surveillance footage could be used for if this or something else happens; on the other side are people who believe they have nothing to fear from said footage as they go about their business in public areas. The analogy that the use of surveillance cameras in public areas is akin to the installation of spyware on someone's personal computer is, actually, rather silly.

First there is a thing called "privacy". Even a non-criminal can appreciate such a thing. It has nothing to do with fear.

Second, if and when they change what is "illegal" after installing these eyes in the sky, than yes, maybe you could fear being seen doing what wasn't illegal previously. But did you become a criminal, or did they make you one...?

First there is a thing called "privacy". Even a non-criminal can appreciate such a thing. It has nothing to do with fear.

Second, if and when they change what is "illegal" after installing these eyes in the sky, than yes, maybe you could fear being seen doing what wasn't illegal previously. But did you become a criminal, or did they make you one...?

crazy.gif

• Like 1

The footage captured two of the attackers on a pink Yamaha Fino, but Pol Colonel Itthiphol Atchariyapradit called on the media to not publish the footage in hopes of preventing the attackers from altering the appearance of the motorbike.

We got you on camera senselessly killing this man, we know you were riding a pink Yamaha Fino, but we won't show you a picture of your bike because only then will you think to alter its appearance... Glad these guys are on the case.

yes my thoughts exactly.. like if the robbers reading this story might wonder if its them...... best way would have been to not release the story however the police and security associations here must be desperate to try and show the public they are on the case following the bombing debacle last month

Needless to say condolences to victims family and friends.. senseless crime and i would suspect something more than just a random " lets roll this guy".

Seems that the whole purpose of releasing this story is to justify a budget for more cameras.

Which will be purchased from his mate, for a small fee...

The reason there's no footage of the incident is because it never happened. Muggings happen all the time, Normal people would drop everything and freeze or run. Normal muggers would grab and run. There is no purpose in killing. This story was fabricated so that CCTV supplier X has paid MPB a good sum of money to get their Purchase Requisition approved.

The reason there's no footage of the incident is because it never happened. Muggings happen all the time, Normal people would drop everything and freeze or run. Normal muggers would grab and run. There is no purpose in killing. This story was fabricated so that CCTV supplier X has paid MPB a good sum of money to get their Purchase Requisition approved.

It's funny you should say that, I've done a little searching around and there's no other mention of this story - not any other independent reporting anyway - there's also no mention of grieving relatives demanding justice, no photos, nothing.

Does anybody live hear Suk 51 and actually heard of this incident from someone they trust?

I had better stop there, we know where investigative 'journalism' gets us in these hills...

crazy.gif

LOL