Sos Termites

tomnicholson

Anyone know of, or has utilized the services of, a trustworthy, professional Pest control company ? I (or more correctly, they - ha!) have 2 houses side by side, not far out of CM city, at Chediliam, and these dwellings are under serious attack by termites. I have contacted Rentokil, and their methods, I would dare say, are fine. However, it also comes down to due diligence and honesty. Finding someone who speaks good English would be very helpful as well.

I am actually in Australia at the moment which obviously adds to the difficulty. I will probably go back to CM soon to try and sort this out. I cannot entrust this problem to my Thai "GF" and her family. I don't entirely trust them but equally they don't understand termites. I 've got a pretty good idea.

Anyway, if it doesn't get dealt with properly and fairly soon, one of the houses, made almost entirely of wood, will definitely fall down before too long. I've got a 3 year old boy there, and apart from the fact I'll never be able to afford to rebuild it, it's something I'd prefer him not to witness !

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Cheers.

I had termites in my house in Bangkok and we used 2 idiot pest control companies and they were both clueless. Only knew how to handle the standard prevention systems, and spray around the floors etc when we had an infestation, which did absolutely nothing. Only got rid of the termites after they ate everything made of wood. I still dream of finding competent pest controllers...electricians, plumbers, builders.........

I use Global. I've not had pest problems so not sure if they are doing a good job or it's not necessary. But they are professional and always call to make an appt. before the 3 months is up. Someone in the office speaks English well and makes sure my special requests are taken care of.

For the past 2 years I've used Chiang Mai Pest Control. (Khun [Mr.] Utai - 053-278-743) In two different houses they've gotten rid of ants and other small critters; one house was truly infested with ants, now all gone. They can spray trees as well as fumigate crawl spaces and the ground itself.

Although the rates may vary depending on the services needed, a basic 12-month contract (12 visits actually, monthly or as often as you prefer) runs about 4,000 baht total; well-worth the cost in my estimation. A certain amount of English is spoken by the office personnel.

For the past 2 years I've used Chiang Mai Pest Control. (Khun [Mr.] Utai - 053-278-743) In two different houses they've gotten rid of ants and other small critters; one house was truly infested with ants, now all gone. They can spray trees as well as fumigate crawl spaces and the ground itself.

Although the rates may vary depending on the services needed, a basic 12-month contract (12 visits actually, monthly or as often as you prefer) runs about 4,000 baht total; well-worth the cost in my estimation. A certain amount of English is spoken by the office personnel.

Sounds good. - One of many topics to read here on Thaivisa:

http://www.thaivisa...._1#entry4456033

But the OP says '...Thai "GF" and her family. I don't entirely trust them but equally they don't understand termites.' - Are you sure?

Perhaps they know there is no future for the house and you should build a new one. - Btw termites are very interesting and spraying

will not solve the problem. Especially if there are children living in this place.

Thanks for the contributions. I laughed at the idea the Thai family might actually understand termites better than I think - they're capable of that way of thinking I know it ! However, the house is too nice and not that far gone and I think they understand they'll never get another one from me. But anyway who knows what they think ? I had a fairly long email "conversation" with a senior member of the forum and long term expat who contacted me in response to my post. He and some of his acquaintances have had

a satisfactory experience with Perfect Initial Pet Control 053-260241 , 053-249067. I will probably give them a go taking in to account the detailed account which I received from the abovementioned gent. This is not a plug for this company or a recommendation just putting some info which came my way in to the public forum.

Chok Dii.