Supoth Claims Millions Earned From Second Job

webfact

Love the way your post cascades like that.....but anyhow, what do 30 year old bank notes look like?

They can look like new if they are laundered often enough.

Nice

Edited by MaiDong

Hilarious that in Thailand suddenly declaring you have 20 years of unreported and untaxed income is considered an acceptable excuse. Depressing that even if it were true, he'd be the least corrupt person in this government.

When I look at Mr. Sablom's luxurious estate, I'd say it cost at least 40 million (and only assuming the land was already his family's property and he didn't need to purchase it). Plus about 7 luxury cars. Plus 5 million cash as a dowry. Plus an army of domestic helpers. Plus not inconsiderable monthly expenses for car insurance, estate upkeep, etc. Plus the daily living expenses of a rather large family. Producing engineering designs in your spare time must be really, really lucrative.

By the way, how much income tax has been paid on that extra income?

Dad gum it, my daddy was right. He said "son, become an design engineer, they make good money". Look what I've missed out on. :-)

Pardon my cynicism - I have met quite a few employees in various ministries, and when I see one driving a new BMW or something and I know they only get 30k per month or less the story is always "I have a small business too to make extra money...."

I understand the point you are making, but, somewhat ironically, one of the things that annoys me at work is the number of people that DO have small businesses that they manage during office hours. Wanna get a fresh catered lunch every day, buy insurance, purchase toothpaste through amway - no problem. Trying to get them to do the job they are paid for - no chance.

The truly funny/tragic part of this whole saga, is that he is a solid part of the wealthy government elites. NOTHING will happen to him. He knows it, so any excuse is delivered with a smirk on his face, knowing the validity does not matter. He can tell the " graft busting" agencies that Santa Claus delivered the money to him, and the final verdict will be reasonable doubt.....Absolutely sickening......He will get a two month suspension/holiday, all this news reporting will go away, and it will be right back to business as usual. TIT.

Edited by EyesWideOpen

So he gave up such lucrative work to devote himself to public service, my hero.

as a public servant he will get a pension.

He works cheap then. I'd want a 5 star hotel.

(This is one for those with a knowedge of French - apart from the letters)