Fish N Chips Karon

Valentine

I was driving along the back road in Karon & near the northern end I noticed a sign "Daddy's Fish n Chips, Eat in or Takeaway". Wanted to know if anyone has tried this place as it is not often I travel in those parts but a good recommendation might tempt me to make a special trip. Prices, opening times would be helpful. I just saw it out of the corner of my eye as I went past & as I was late for an appointment did not have time to stop & check.

way off subject i guess but i make my own fish and chips and mushy peas at home.

if anyone is interested, mushy peas are really easy to make. get the can peas available in tesco or supercheap, UFC brand is fine. boil them for 10 mins or so then blend with a bit of milk and butter. tastes just like real english chippy mushy peas lad

boil them for 10 mins or so then blend with a bit of milk and butter. tastes just like real english chippy mushy peas lad

mmmmmm..................mmmmmm.............good! Bland mashed peas. Another fine example of Brit cuisine.

Remind me of this recipe again when I have no teeth and my taste buds are burned off from all the smokin spicy I eat.

Back on topic, pretty sure this place was written up in a previous thread, OP maybe check the restaurant pinned.

boil them for 10 mins or so then blend with a bit of milk and butter. tastes just like real english chippy mushy peas lad

mmmmmm..................mmmmmm.............good! Bland mashed peas. Another fine example of Brit cuisine.

Remind me of this recipe again when I have no teeth and my taste buds are burned off from all the smokin spicy I eat.

Back on topic, pretty sure this place was written up in a previous thread, OP maybe check the restaurant pinned.

Hold on a sec. This isn't "British" cuisine. It's a specialty of that backward, poor part of England. The North, where people speak with a funny accent.

A Southerner prefers his peas as they come out of the pod; not mushed.

Hold on a sec. This isn't "British" cuisine. It's a specialty of that backward, poor part of England. The North, where people speak with a funny accent.

A Southerner prefers his peas as they come out of the pod; not mushed.

Not true everyone likes mushy peas!!!

Brit Basher. They are pretty sensative.

Much tastier treats in the States

Pancake and sausage breakfast bowl

and the sausage gravy biscuit???

post-120222-0-52364200-1331366169_thumb.

post-120222-0-36981300-1331366190_thumb.

That looks worse and probably tastes worse than mushy peasclap2.gif

I'll not disagree, America has some of the weirdest concoctions when it comes to food, but still better than geriatric spoon fed bland mushy peas.

Before I left some years back I was at a county fair in the U.S., one of the carts had deep fried snickers bars.

I'll not disagree, America has some of the weirdest concoctions when it comes to food, but still better than geriatric spoon fed bland mushy peas.

Before I left some years back I was at a county fair in the U.S., one of the carts had deep fried snickers bars.

The whole point of 'mushy peas' in this context is as an accompaniment to deep fried fish and chips, and for that purpose they're excellent and far better than any other imaginable vegetable. As an example, it's much the same as say puree of peas with pan seared scallops.

The last 2 inflammatory posts removed. Let's stay on the Fish n Chips theme.

So post #5 remains "backward poor part of England"....slagging off the North is ok then but not reciprocal ???? Consistency please Mod wai.gif

Edited by Rickster