Cable Tv In Rawai

petercallen

We paid in advance for 12 months cable TV with Rawai cable TV and it runs out at the end of this month

The selection of english channels was better when we started than it is now

Does anyone use a different cable TV supplier which has a better selection

of english language channels or channels with english subtitles

KPP has a digital service available for the same price, apparently with about 200 channels. I've been trying to get it through my local (Patong) cable provider, but apparently there is some sort of spanner in the works and there has been a delay (locally). Another BM has also said the quality is not all that flash, but it may be worth looking into it.

I went to KPP website to see the Digital channel lineup but unfortunately they do not have a list. Surprisingly they do have the channel lineup for there basic package.

Does anyone know what digital channels they provide that are not in the basic package?

Isn't the KPP cable owner the (alleged) suspect in the murder for hire that killed the local journalist then went missing in Burma on business for two weeks while negotiations took place? If so I wouldn't be expecting much investment from the company to upgrade their services and plans. That money has been earmarked for something else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone know what Rawai Cable and KPP prices are for TV and internet? Is there an installation fee? Do you have to pay for multiple months or can you pay month to month? TIA.

500 baht installation 350 a month or you can pay for longer periods and get a discount price

Thats rawai cable

Edited by petercallen

I went to KPP website to see the Digital channel lineup but unfortunately they do not have a list. Surprisingly they do have the channel lineup for there basic package.

Does anyone know what digital channels they provide that are not in the basic package?

I had the digital box from KPP last year. Cost me Baht 1,800 but no extra on the monthly fee of 350. There were about 150 channels including the same standard fare. Picture quality was not that good & the audio sync was still not right both of which are true for the standard cable package. It stopped working after 2 weeks although I understood it would probably work again with a new card. I threw it in the corner & a couple of months later when I saw the installer on our soi coming to collect the fees I gave it back to him. Rather than refund the money he said the payment will cover the next 6 month fee.

Thanks guys for the info.

Anyone try Rawai cable or KPP's internet? Any info on current install, monthly, speeds and reliability is appreciated. Not many recent entries at Woody's speed reporting site. What's there doesn't look good.

I had the digital box from KPP last year. Cost me Baht 1,800 but no extra on the monthly fee of 350. There were about 150 channels including the same standard fare. Picture quality was not that good & the audio sync was still not right both of which are true for the standard cable package. It stopped working after 2 weeks although I understood it would probably work again with a new card. I threw it in the corner & a couple of months later when I saw the installer on our soi coming to collect the fees I gave it back to him. Rather than refund the money he said the payment will cover the next 6 month fee.

How was the internet?

Was in Rawaii and KPP yesterday. The 150ch at KPP digital box is "finished" whatever that means. Oddly the 2mb internet branded "premium" is 1750B and the 7mb "Basic" is 800B. (80 Channels of TV included). Other internet providers in Thailand do that to. I assume the contention ratio of the premium is less, perhaps better international bandwidth. Seems counter intuitive to restrict it to 2mb but charge 1000B more.

The line-up offered by KPP seems a lot better than Rawai Cable. RC has no Syfy or Universal for example.

Edited by NomadJoe

• 4 months later...

I did not think Rawai cable could get any worse but now every night at 7.00 fox crime changes to Thai language just when CSI usually starts.So it is down to about 4 English channels now.Does anyone know if KPP has any more.

I have asked Rawai Cable why this happens and all they say is Bkk change not them so it looks like that's that.

Sod's law have I just paid for 6 months.

Edited by starkey_rich

We have 2 different satellite dishes on our roof, is it worth changing to a

satellite service, if for some reason it is not allowed to be discussed on

this forum would you please PM me with information of the service you

are using

I would not advise getting an illegal satellite feed as True has changed their encryption so it's almost impossible to pirate and it would be no surprise if Astro follow suit in the near future.

That leaves True Visions (expensive) or a GMMZ box (I think there are other similar options as well) which really don't cater for non-Thai speakers, though this may change sometime.

Unless you want to spend a lot of money you're better to stick with a cable option IMO, but perhaps pay monthly so you can get out of the deal in the unlikely event that something better comes along.

I have Truevisions Goldlite which is the same as the old True Silver, regular price is 890 baht a month. It has a good selection of movies, series, lifestyle etc channels in English.and has a couple of HD channels too.

If you get this bundled with True Phone/Internet, Goldlite is discounted to 500 baht a month which is good value when compared to Rawai, KPP Cable etc

sanuk