How To Check Phone Data Usage

madmikie

How can I check how much data I'm using on my True unlimited 3G phone plan? I remember there was a web site you could go to but my Google-<deleted> is letting me down and I can't find it again. Anyone know what it is?

TIA

I think you can originate a SMS to 9789 with the letter B in the body, that should return your data plan details.

There have been a few threads on this subject, and there are other methods, but I can't remember all of them.

If you have an iPhone there is a True app; there is also a True iSerivce web platform.

I think you can originate a SMS to 9789 with the letter B in the body, that should return your data plan details.

Thanks, that worked. It's all in Thai but I'll get someone to translate it tomorrow.

I wonder what happens if send one of the other 25 letters. Talk about obscure :-|

Thanks, that worked. It's all in Thai but I'll get someone to translate it tomorrow.

I wonder what happens if send one of the other 25 letters. Talk about obscure :-|

This is from the legacy TrueMove 3G implementation. One could subscribe to, and cancel out of, various plans and promotions by sending codes to 9789, "B" is just one code that was discovered, presumably standing for Balance? You can see some examples here: http://www.truemove.com/en/wifi-edge-gprs-package.htm

Not sure if you can use this? http://www.trueiservice.com/home/home_index?1&ln=en

Or this if you have an iPhone? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwdzUBLCCp4

^ Unfortunately, if you have an "unlimited" plan then you do not receive any details re: MB used to date

as we did when we had "limited" plans. I think this is a step backwards as it would be nice to get DTAC's

read on current usage. Even the Happy web eservices platform just shows "unlimited" for data usage.

I use Droidstats to monitor usage. There is also a DTAC Android app in the market, but it still doesn't

show usage. All of the DTAC service codes should be on the SIM.

post-9615-0-13067500-1331437900_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-73745800-1331437908_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-42964600-1331437929_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-79523100-1331437939_thumb.jp

• 8 months later...

I use 3G Watchdog on my Android phone.

It will give you live track of your data usage, either 3G or 2G, plus wi-fi.

3G Watchdog will also warn you when you get close to your data limit. Not necessary with unlimited plans but for those in the UK where their data usage is limited it could save 'excess' costs.

It's easy to just use your phone to see how much your 3G balance is. Just dial *900#. You can also check your credit balance by dialing #123#. This is one of the few good features with Truemove-H.

Just to summarize

For TrueMove H

Send SMS to 9789 with a lowercase b in the body, you will receive a return SMS which should show your data allotment remaining (not what you have used).

*9000 call, enter IVR system press 9, then 7, you will receive an SMS, same as above.

*900# send, you will receive an SMS, sames as above.

*123# send, returns balance and expiration data.

Some/all if these activities will extend the expiration date on some SIMs out to 60 (maybe 59?) days.

With AIS/One-2-Call

*139# send, will return data balance

*139*3# send, will return data usage

*123# send, will balance/expiration

With DTAC/Happy

*101*4# send, will return data usage, will also return plan details, in 2 separate SMSes

*101*9# send, will return balance/expiration